Logos You Like That Everyone Else Hates

crashcarson15

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12fish-stick-uniform.jpg

Loved this logo... loved these uniforms.

Me... I loved the logo, hated the uni it went on (this one, and the Blues had those "altered" numbers)...

in general I liked all the over-the-top 90's hockey logos. You've got that big space... no other sport gives you that front and center billboard to design on like hockey does. USE IT! I'd much rather spend my money on a minor league hockey jersey with a crazy mascot across the front than a staid "original six classic".

The new Vikings uniforms have seriously grown on me. I'm normally not a fan of side panels, but I'm also normally not a fan of purple, so I've wound up really liking how the white panels break up the purple. Plus, in this era of sleeve stripes that don't go all the way around, it's nice to see the way the white comes up and loops around the purple sleeves. I really do think it's one of the better modern NFL sets.

2nfl.jpg

msg-117798227822.jpg

I always liked the Kings "Burger King" jersey.

kings3rd.jpg

And I own the Lightning "Thunderstorm" jersey, bought it new and still wear it quite a bit.

The Coyotes 3rd from a few years back is another fave in my collection that gets out of the closet a lot too.

coyotes3rd.jpg

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

PF_826471_999~Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Vincent-Lecavalier-Posters.jpg

I actually own that poster. I love that jersey, I use it sometimes in my season mode in NHL 08

Add me to the short list of Tampa Bay 90's alt fans. If I ever see one of those for sale, I'm picking it up.

Me too, if I eve find one in my size (XXL) at the right price, I'd get it. Same goes for the current Bolts alt as well:

p4970251dt.jpg

p0baxbpgemif35g5ql1xt4z3q.gif

Getting my homer-ness out of the way early...I freaking LOVE this identity. Those are honestly my favorite Hawks uniforms of all time, and I really wouldn't be opposed to them busting ANY of these out as throwbacks again, especially the lime green one. Just pure awesomeness.

I love this color set as well, since it would be pretty much unique in today's NBA (the T-Wolves don't emphasize the green so they don't count). I was disappointed the Hawks' new identity set didn't go back to these colors.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person alive to like this set:

2620518.jpeg

Heck no. Cal's current set is great.

I'm also a fan of the Nuggets rainbow set, and almost every NBA jersey from the early 90s for some reason.

And I'm not sure if people hated these, but I love 'em:

game1.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I actually own that poster. I love that jersey, I use it sometimes in my season mode in NHL 08

Add me to the short list of Tampa Bay 90's alt fans. If I ever see one of those for sale, I'm picking it up.

Me too, if I eve find one in my size (XXL) at the right price, I'd get it. Same goes for the current Bolts alt as well:

p4970251dt.jpg

After seeing those in person I've begun warming to them, but I still can't stand the "BOLTS" script. Either of their logos, or even "TAMPA BAY" or "LIGHTNING" script would instantly propel it into one of the best sweaters in the league.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person alive to like this set:

2620518.jpeg

Heck no. Cal's current set is great.

I'm also a fan of the Nuggets rainbow set, and almost every NBA jersey from the early 90s for some reason.

And I'm not sure if people hated these, but I love 'em:

game1.jpg

I honestly played with Oregon in NCAA 03 simply because I loved their uniforms.

p4970251dt.jpg

After seeing those in person I've begun warming to them, but I still can't stand the "BOLTS" script. Either of their logos, or even "TAMPA BAY" or "LIGHTNING" script would instantly propel it into one of the best sweaters in the league.

Yes! I'd love for Lightning, or Tampa Bay to be on the front

I never understood the hatred for this logo and these jerseys:

DUNHAM.010.JPG

I mean, the color is kinda fugly, but it was unique and I really liked the silver slashes on the sleeves...

Agreed. These were awesome, especially in person on the ice.

p576941reg.jpg

Only real weakness was the logos used, both the Down Syndrome Tiger on the front and fossil logo on the shoulders.

Edit: And the pic you provided is much better showing the colour. Mine is just to show the silver slashes you spoke of.

That sounds kinda cruel. I like the colors, they are very unique; what other team anywhere has that?? The Pred's cat-heads, especially the skull one, is very cool. I'm afraid I don't see the Down's syndrome thing, but I'll take your word for it. But it's a lot better than the new Buffalo Sabres logo; that would be better suited to a football helmet.

I always liked the Kings "Burger King" jersey.

kings3rd.jpg

And I own the Lightning "Thunderstorm" jersey, bought it new and still wear it quite a bit.

The Coyotes 3rd from a few years back is another fave in my collection that gets out of the closet a lot too.

coyotes3rd.jpg

I love the tacky "Burger King" jersey; I never saw that one before, too cool!! I always liked that old Coyote's logo, too, the Southwestern influence on the design is awesome. The new one is ok, but I like the original better.

They also had some kind of Shield with a giant octopus and an "H" made of castle turrets.

The logo that you're referring to was a candidate to be the team's primary mark. It was passed-over in favor of the Sea Devil primary and trident secondary.

Huh. My bad. I still like the trident secondary better, though.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

I never understood the hatred for this logo and these jerseys:

DUNHAM.010.JPG

I mean, the color is kinda fugly, but it was unique and I really liked the silver slashes on the sleeves...

Agreed. These were awesome, especially in person on the ice.

p576941reg.jpg

Only real weakness was the logos used, both the Down Syndrome Tiger on the front and fossil logo on the shoulders.

Edit: And the pic you provided is much better showing the colour. Mine is just to show the silver slashes you spoke of.

That sounds kinda cruel. I like the colors, they are very unique; what other team anywhere has that?? The Pred's cat-heads, especially the skull one, is very cool. I'm afraid I don't see the Down's syndrome thing, but I'll take your word for it. But it's a lot better than the new Buffalo Sabres logo; that would be better suited to a football helmet.

That's the color of :censored:

Archived