2009 NBA Season: The Second Half

TFoA

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. The Celtics' reign at the top is probably over, thanks to them inevitably falling victim to injury. KG's knee is definitely going to be a worriesome factor for them in the playoffs. The Cavs, in the meantime, look as if they're on a bee-line for the NBA Finals. They have really been amazing this year.

On the homer side of things, it's official: The Hawks will be playing the Heat in the first round. Can't wait to see that action.

Okay, I guess 60 wins isn't good enough, even with KG only in about 58 or 59 games. They have been decimated all year, but in the end they have a fresh and hungry Kevin Garnett getting back into action just in time for the playoffs, not to mention the tragically underrated Leon Powe (hopefully that means no more Baby, AND Perk). They split the series with Cleveland 2-2, with the home team winning every time. In a potential matchup, yes, Cleveland would have home court, but in the playoffs, anything can happen, and teams far, far worse than the Celtics have pulled off things far, far more unlikely -- It is still only the difference between a 67-win team and a 62-win team. And LeBron is such an amazing, incredible player, because I can't believe that they have done what they have done. Look at the matchups, who do you take, seriously? LeBron is probably the only Cavs player I would take over the Celtics counterpart, including the bench, besides I guess Z over Perkins. (And a few toss-ups) These teams have, for the last two years, played each other tooth-and-nails, and it has every single time been an intriguing and close game, until today. I would rather wait until there is something meaningful on the line and there are two full rosters going at each other 100%, and see who emerges from the death pit, the three perennial All-Star vets (and Rondo!) who aren't happy with just one title, or Superman combined with God combined with Hercules (and Gibson, and some other dudes). Could you say for sure who would win? Nobody could.

But if you want to write off the Celtics, be my guest.

For now, let's just get through the first round. Garnett better be ready by now, I remember the "two to three week" initial diagnosis from the knee. Yeah, well, triple that. If the knee isn't healed, why has he been so damn careful with it?

I think you would make the Cavaliers favourite for a potential Cavs v Celtics match up, but I certainly wouldn't write off the Celtics yet. I remember one year when Shaq was on there roster, the Magic won a load at home (lost maybe 3 or 4 games) and came up short in the playoffs. Honestly you have to remember that playoff ball is different. And consider last nights game for a moment. The Celtics couldn't catch the Cavs, so probably weren't playing at 100% intensity, against a team playing right on maximum, trying to overhaul the old celtics homecourt record. I think in the end, its the sort of result you can read tooo much into. Have the Cavs won themselves something of a psychological advantage? For sure. Is it gonna matter in the heat of a close playoff game? Probably not.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well I'm saying they are. If it comes down to Cleveland vs. Boston in the ECF and Cleveland has HCA, I'm taking Cleveland.

If the C's prove me wrong, I'll rock a Celtics sig for a month after. Someone bookmark this please. :P

Well I'm saying they are. If it comes down to Cleveland vs. Boston in the ECF and Cleveland has HCA, I'm taking Cleveland.

If the C's prove me wrong, I'll rock a Celtics sig for a month after. Someone bookmark this please. :P

I'm sure GBM already has. ^_^

But yeah...I think Cleveland got it this year. Bron's on another level this year--hell, for that matter, so is the whole team! I just hope they don't get OVERconfident come playoff time. Lest someone remind them that the C's, who was the league's best last year, almost got taken out the shed by the Hawks last year. Just sayin...if they ain't careful, somebody gon' jump up and bite them in the arr$e...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I mean, I'm sure that if by some off chance, Cleveland somehow lives up to their title of Cursed City, USA and loses a series before the ECF (and trust me, I have little-to-no-faith of anybody beating Cleveland this year without HCA), Boston's gonna have a damn good shot at repeating. But that's not gonna happen. Not when there are 3 teams (Lakers, Cavaliers, and possibly the Magic) that are better than the champs this year.

I think when the Celtics are hot, they are hot. Can they get hot in the playoffs? Maybe, especially if Garnett gets back in time. If that happens, then anything is possible for them. But I do wonder if the 2009 season isn't set up for a Lebron vs Kobe finals series.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I just bookmarked it. :P

It's time for me to once again vent on ESPN's coverage of the NBA: Someone on SportsCenter basically said that LeBron is the reason why everybody is trying to chase down and block shots on a breakaway.

Yeah, like Josh Smith & Tayshaun Prince have nothing to do with that.

It is now official, the Pistons will play the Cavs in the first round. Uh-oh.....

Methinks the Cavs won't like this series too much.....

I'd be shocked if this series goes more then 5 games.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Joe Crawford is at it again; He's handed out 5 technicals in the Celtics/Sixers game tonight, all against the Celtics. He handed out one of those T's to the phantom Celtic in the empty chair. Just ridiculous.

It's time for me to once again vent on ESPN's coverage of the NBA: Someone on SportsCenter basically said that LeBron is the reason why everybody is trying to chase down and block shots on a breakaway.

thank you.

Well (I guess, thankfully) because the Jazz lost to the Lakers, the Hornets will not fall to the eighth seed and will not have to play the Lakers in the first round.

Hornets win or Dallas loss tonight gives New Orleans the six spot; Hornets loss AND Dallas win gives N.O. the seven spot.

And once again, the SW division is the toughest overall in the Western Conference (w/four teams in the playoffs-- NW with three, Pac with ONE)

It is what it is.

What about Jason Maxiell?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived