2009 NBA Season: The Second Half

TFoA

So the Steph-Infection made his debut in Boston... 8 points.

022709_270_marbury.jpg

But he gets a standing ovation? Boston? Come on now. I don't know what's worse - MSG giving Kobe MVP chants or ANYBODY giving Stephon Marbury a standing ovation. Shame on you Celtics fans. Career loser, locker room cancer and likely nutjob and ya'll give him a standing O.

Boston fans support their players. He is now a Boston player and we want him to feel welcome and help us win games. I don't care what happened in the past. We brought him here for what he will be able to do in the future.

You mean destroying the team and any chance of a repeat?

No. I don't believe there is any way he could possibly destroy the team. He is not the star here. There is already a core of veteran leadership here and a coach/team that firmly believes in a "team first" philosophy (see Umbuntu). He would have no reason to act up, especially if he wants to win since if he does he will be kicked to the curb. I'm sure he also wants to prove himself in order to get a new contract next year. I don't think he's dumb and I don't think he will cause any real trouble. The Celtics most likely wouldn't have signed him otherwise, because they obviously are not dumb either.

Being smarter than Kevin McHale does not necessarily mean you, yourself are not dumb as well. Remember what everyone was saying about Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge prior to last year?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the Steph-Infection made his debut in Boston... 8 points.

022709_270_marbury.jpg

But he gets a standing ovation? Boston? Come on now. I don't know what's worse - MSG giving Kobe MVP chants or ANYBODY giving Stephon Marbury a standing ovation. Shame on you Celtics fans. Career loser, locker room cancer and likely nutjob and ya'll give him a standing O.

Boston fans support their players. He is now a Boston player and we want him to feel welcome and help us win games. I don't care what happened in the past. We brought him here for what he will be able to do in the future.

You mean destroying the team and any chance of a repeat?

No. I don't believe there is any way he could possibly destroy the team. He is not the star here. There is already a core of veteran leadership here and a coach/team that firmly believes in a "team first" philosophy (see Umbuntu). He would have no reason to act up, especially if he wants to win since if he does he will be kicked to the curb. I'm sure he also wants to prove himself in order to get a new contract next year. I don't think he's dumb and I don't think he will cause any real trouble. The Celtics most likely wouldn't have signed him otherwise, because they obviously are not dumb either.

Being smarter than Kevin McHale does not necessarily mean you, yourself are not dumb as well. Remember what everyone was saying about Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge prior to last year?

I wasn't saying it. I was frustrated as hell that it looked like it would be at least 10 freaking years before the Celtics would win a championship, but I didn't have a problem with the players they were drafting. Look what Al Jefferson and Delonte West have turned into.

Whoa. The Hawks will be on national TV Sunday when the play the Cavs.

Pretty cool.

Yup. I've had this day circled for a while now. We have a shot, since we're at home and we've beaten Cleveland here earlier this season to end their 11 game win streak.

However, they weren't even at full-strength then, they were missing Big Z. Now they have him. Unless Al Horford turns into Super Horford like he did against the Heat, Ilgauskas is going to kill us inside.

Pretty cool.

Yup. I've had this day circled for a while now. We have a shot, since we're at home and we've beaten Cleveland here earlier this season to end their 11 game win streak.

However, they weren't even at full-strength then, they were missing Big Z. Now they have him. Unless Al Horford turns into Super Horford like he did against the Heat, Ilgauskas is going to kill us inside.

Damn, we had it too. I'm not too upset though, since this was only a game in early-March.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Pretty cool.

Damn, we had it too. I'm not too upset though, since this was only a game in early-March.

Yeah. I'm not too upset. I'm still kinda mad at Joe not getting a call while getting his ass beat on that last drive, then LeBron goes down, drives, gets probably less contact and it's a foul. LAME.

Hmm.... Pistons lose 8 straight. Iverson hurts his back. Pistons win at Orlando and at Boston. Hmm......

Well, now we get to see how he reacts to coming off the bench when he gets back. If he has a good attitude about it, it should work much better than bringing Rip off the bench.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Hmm.... Pistons lose 8 straight. Iverson hurts his back. Pistons win at Orlando and at Boston. Hmm......

Well, now we get to see how he reacts to coming off the bench when he gets back. If he has a good attitude about it, it should work much better than bringing Rip off the bench.

Pistons look better when AI is MIA

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Next question is what the hell is he gonna do with that tat on his dome, while wearing number 8?

nba_ap_marbury1_268.jpg

Beat me to it. My roommate is a huge Pistons fan so we were watching the game yesterday and we both thought it was really funny that he couldn't get #3 to match his tat. It's sort of like if Chad OchoCinco went to a team where #85 was taken or retired.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Cleveland Cavaliers became the first team to clinch a playoff bearth for the 2008-09 season. Their magic number to clinch their first division championship since 1975-76 is six.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I always thought it was an "M" on it's side, and the negative space made another star.

It's a 3 (his customary number), an M (for Marbury), and a star (for Starbury, his goofy ass nickname). It's whatever you want it to be!

It's all the logo for his clothing company, also called Starbury:

11.jpg

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Amare done for the playoffs as well.

No matter....Phoenix will be out for the playoffs as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I always thought it was an "M" on it's side, and the negative space made another star.

It's a 3 (his customary number), an M (for Marbury), and a star (for Starbury, his goofy ass nickname). It's whatever you want it to be!

11.jpg

Is his shoe company done now, too? I mean, the only place that sold them went under, afterall.

Interesting to see the Bulls creeping into the playoff picture. Think they will end up holding onto the honor of being swept in the first round by Boston, Orlando, or Cleveland?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

11.jpg

Is his shoe company done now, too? I mean, the only place that sold them went under, afterall.

The Starbury brand still maintains an online store. And, I see "fragrances" is "coming soon"... so, who wants to smell like Stephon Marbury now?

Wade-sig.png

Archived