2009 NBA Season: The Second Half

TFoA

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jordan and Stoctkon are easily in, but look at their recent lists. They do not elect many players, they elect more coaches.

Basketball HOF list by year

Good luck Bernard King!

So is David Robinson two time NBA Champ, a former MVP and Rookie of the Year, and the best player ever out of a Military Academy, plus an All Star almost every season. NBA 50th Anniversary team too and scoring champ.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Jordan and Stoctkon are easily in, but look at their recent lists. They do not elect many players, they elect more coaches.

Basketball HOF list by year

Good luck Bernard King!

So is David Robinson two time NBA Champ, a former MVP and Rookie of the Year, and the best player ever out of a Military Academy, plus an All Star almost every season. NBA 50th Anniversary team too and scoring champ.

When The Admiral won his 2nd title, he basically punched his ticket into the Hall. He WILL get in, and I do agree that he's first ballot quality.

I had the pleasure of watching the dunk contest without sound, so I wasn't swayed by any commentating bias or fan cheering bias.

The best dunk to me was the NR dunk over Howard, but the 12 foot dunk was fantastic, and should have been done at 14 feet, because that is insane. He had a couple feet to spare on that dunk.

And I was wondering why he was in all green, and I just found out that he was supposed to be kryptonite.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Does the NBA know that they don't have to rig the dunk contest in Dwight Howard's favor for him to win?

First, he gets a 50 on the first dunk -- the worst dunk of the first round. Then they give him ten minutes to roll out a 12 foot hoop and change in a telephone booth for him on the second.

Yeah, I'm done watching this :censored:.

Dude...it's a dunk contest. Relax. :P

And once again, Kryptonite defeats Superman. :lol:

Nate being Kryptonite was quite hilarious. At least that green Knicks jersey was put to good use... and he even used a green basketball! :lol: If LeBron is in next year, I wonder what character he has in mind?

I saw, I came, I left.

the dunk contest was terrible. nate didnt do anything he hadnt done before and neither did dwight. the event is so tired and unoriginal at this point that they have to use props in order to garner any interest. i wouldn't shed a tear if it were ever done away with. good to see cook win the 3 pt shoot out though.

And the Jermaine O'Neal era is officially over..

Raps send O'Neal and Jamario Moon to Miami for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks.

Love love love this trade for Toronto. Not only do I love watching Marion play, but his contract is up after this year, freeing up $17 mil of cap space for this summer.

according to the roster section of miami's website, moon will wear 33. let's hope this is an oversight because i'll be damn angry if they let some scrub wear mourning's number.

According to the Arizona Republic/AZCentral and KTAR, the era of Terry Porter is already over as he will be fired tomorrow as head coach of the Phoenix Suns and Alvin Gentry will take over as interim head coach

Porter Out, Gentry In

Jeeze you have more job security at McDonalds then to be a NBA head coach.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And the Jermaine O'Neal era is officially over..

Raps send O'Neal and Jamario Moon to Miami for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks.

Love love love this trade for Toronto. Not only do I love watching Marion play, but his contract is up after this year, freeing up $17 mil of cap space for this summer.

according to the roster section of miami's website, moon will wear 33. let's hope this is an oversight because i'll be damn angry if they let some scrub wear mourning's number.

If the Heat can retire Michael Jordan's jersey number, they sure as hell better be saving #33 for 'Zo!

6uXNWAo.png

According to the Arizona Republic/AZCentral and KTAR, the era of Terry Porter is already over as he will be fired tomorrow as head coach of the Phoenix Suns and Alvin Gentry will take over as interim head coach

Porter Out, Gentry In

WAY too early, especially for a first-time coach.

The real issue here is that Gentry's gonna get promoted, not the Thunder :D

Actually, I think it'd kill me if Dan got the job and did poorly.

The contest was alright. But Kenny Smith is annoying as hell, and quite ignorant with the Ricky Martin comments. Martin is a legend in Spain, and dumba$$ Kenny Smith made fun of the jersey Rudy wore. But anyways...I'm getting tired of the slamdunk contest and the gimmick that its becoming. No more props or toys. Just dunk the damn ball.

And Rudy got shafted...he performed the hardest dunk in the whole competition.

Dwight's first dunk was not 50. Put it this way, if Jamario Moon did that same dunk would it have been 50? Probably not. Which brings me to my next point, the judges blow. Who you are gives you swing in the score you receive...its like oh Dwight Howard is a good player...so I'm automatically going to give him at least 9.

The contest was alright. But Kenny Smith is annoying as hell, and quite ignorant with the Ricky Martin comments. Martin is a legend in Spain, and dumba$$ Kenny Smith made fun of the jersey Rudy wore. But anyways...I'm getting tired of the slamdunk contest and the gimmick that its becoming. No more props or toys. Just dunk the damn ball.

And Rudy got shafted...he performed the hardest dunk in the whole competition.

Dwight's first dunk was not 50. Put it this way, if Jamario Moon did that same dunk would it have been 50? Probably not. Which brings me to my next point, the judges blow. Who you are gives you swing in the score you receive...its like oh Dwight Howard is a good player...so I'm automatically going to give him at least 9.

Had Rudy Fernandez not missed that dunk 8 times, it would've been a 50. But that cost him, and justifiably so. I think, keeping that in mind, though, Nate Robinson was lucky to make it out of the first round.

And if not knowing who's jersey Fernandez was wearing makes you an idiot, I'd think about 99% of people in the arena and watching at home were idiots. The guy played 24 games in the NBA 20+ years ago... nobody's ever heard of the guy.

IUe6Hvh.png

I agree, Rudy had the toughest dunk in the whole first round. That would of been something if he nailed it... Too bad Pau doesn't do those kind of passes, you know.

And as much as Nate got sort of lucky, the whole KrytoNate bit was classic! Green jersey, green shoes... green ball! Hell, screw the whole KryptoNate name, I say we call Nate Robinson the 'Green Lantern' cause he lit up Phoenix.

I guess E.T. can finally go home now.

Or go to Oklahoma City.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived