2009 NBA Season: The Second Half

TFoA

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can now breath a little easier... Stephon Marbury is no longer a Knickerbocker.

Peace Out "Starbury"

I wonder how long it'll be before the Celtics fill their final roster spot.

Is the chemistry hit really worth it?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/ce...ry_to_celt.html

According to a source, Stephon Marbury has committed to joining the Celtics upon clearing waivers.

The Celtics were an easy team to root for last year with classy players like Garnett, Pierce and Allen. Same goes for this year's team -- until now.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one by saying I'd HATE to see Stephon Marbury celebrate an NBA championship. :mad:

6uXNWAo.png

According to a source, Stephon Marbury has committed to joining the Celtics upon clearing waivers.

The Celtics were an easy team to root for last year with classy players like Garnett, Pierce and Allen. Same goes for this year's team -- until now.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one by saying I'd hate to see Marbury celebrate an NBA championship. :mad:

I'd have to say the same thing, but if he cleans up his act and he's in shape to play I'll be more than willing to have him on the C's.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one by saying I'd HATE to see Stephon Marbury celebrate an NBA championship. :mad:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd actually like to see him here for the rest of the season if he isn't a buttface. He still has the skills to play at this level and succeed, and if he has a clean act, I'm (gasp) happy to have him here. They did say these same things about Randy Moss and Corey Dillon, so if nothing else, at least I know that a turnaround is possible. But first sign of trouble, boom, gone. No second chances. Or if he acts/plays like little cuz Telfair.

Ya'll can have Steph. Championship, no championship. I don't care if he wins one or he doesn't... as long as he is away from the Knicks.

In Knicks-related news, just got back from the Magic/Knicks game at the Garden. Saw Dwight Howard have his 20th career 20 point, 20 rebound game of his career. He's incredible... but that's nothing new. Good to see The Big Fella (EDIT: PATRICK EWING) get another great MSG ovation... but a bit of an added surprise. Anthony Mason was in the crowd and unless I heard wrong, Mase got a slightly bigger ovation than Ewing did. All I needed was some Oak and some X-Man action and it would've been like the good old days.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

WHAT??? Howard got "another great MSG ovation"...!? Well, we know what that means. He's wants to play for the Knicks in 2013!

As far as Marbury goes. Who knows how well he'll perform? Celtics aside, I too would hate to see a guy like him win a ring.

Sure Moss and Dillon straightened up for the Patriots. I think football is different becasue you play a single position. Moss, a WR, Dillon a RB. The team didn't really have to make adjustments for either of them. Patriots are masters of plugging and filling "holes". The roster is big and the entire team will keep you in line or they can flat-out cut you.

It seems that with basketball rosters being so much smaller... Marbury could have a negative effect while Doc tries to get him involved. To me, based on his immature days and jealousy of Garnet in Minnesota... Marbury has done NOTHING to show that he has matured. BUT... I'm sure they consulted the Celtic players prior to even discussing adding him.

No no no. Dwight Howard was not given ANY kind of ovation. I'm sorry if this was a bit unclear. "The Big Fella" is a nickname for Patrick Ewing, who got the ovation. I'll edit my post now to make that clear.

My bad!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

So the Steph-Infection made his debut in Boston... 8 points.

022709_270_marbury.jpg

But he gets a standing ovation? Boston? Come on now. I don't know what's worse - MSG giving Kobe MVP chants or ANYBODY giving Stephon Marbury a standing ovation. Shame on you Celtics fans. Career loser, locker room cancer and likely nutjob and ya'll give him a standing O.

022709_270_marbury.jpg

But he gets a standing ovation? Boston? Come on now. I don't know what's worse - MSG giving Kobe MVP chants or ANYBODY giving Stephon Marbury a standing ovation. Shame on you Celtics fans. Career loser, locker room cancer and likely nutjob and ya'll give him a standing O.

Boston fans support their players. He is now a Boston player and we want him to feel welcome and help us win games. I don't care what happened in the past. We brought him here for what he will be able to do in the future.

022709_270_marbury.jpg

Boston fans support their players. He is now a Boston player and we want him to feel welcome and help us win games. I don't care what happened in the past. We brought him here for what he will be able to do in the future.

You mean destroying the team and any chance of a repeat?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

022709_270_marbury.jpg

You mean destroying the team and any chance of a repeat?

No. I don't believe there is any way he could possibly destroy the team. He is not the star here. There is already a core of veteran leadership here and a coach/team that firmly believes in a "team first" philosophy (see Umbuntu). He would have no reason to act up, especially if he wants to win since if he does he will be kicked to the curb. I'm sure he also wants to prove himself in order to get a new contract next year. I don't think he's dumb and I don't think he will cause any real trouble. The Celtics most likely wouldn't have signed him otherwise, because they obviously are not dumb either.

Archived