2009 NBA Season: The Second Half

TFoA

Can anyone tell me why ESPN continues to show the Golden State Warriors at least once a week? <_<

Because they have Don Nelson who is as much of a celebrity coach as there is, and they score a lot of points. That's the only reason I can think of off top.

EDIT: Brad Miller & John Salmons of the Kings have been traded to the Bulls for Drew Gooden & Andres Nocioni. It's basically a trade just to trade. It's good for the Hawks tonight, though. The Kings will be without 28 ppg...but I bet money that the Hawks will find a way to lose tonight.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone tell me why ESPN continues to show the Golden State Warriors at least once a week? <_<

Because they have Don Nelson who is as much of a celebrity coach as there is, and they score a lot of points. That's the only reason I can think of off top.

EDIT: Brad Miller & John Salmons of the Kings have been traded to the Bulls for Drew Gooden & Andres Nocioni. It's basically a trade just to trade. It's good for the Hawks tonight, though. The Kings will be without 28 ppg...but I bet money that the Hawks will find a way to lose tonight.

And more evidence that John Paxson is mailing it in during his last few months as GM.

who cares? but they are competitive even when they lose.

Ths only problem is that the Warriors ALWAYS lose!

It's not fun when you already know the outcome.

6uXNWAo.png

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3913301

Hornets trade Tyson Chandler to the Thunder for nobody in particular -- just to dump his salary.

This trade has been voided due to Chandler failing his physical.

There's apparently a lot more behind the scenes on this deal.... the "physical" issue was Chandler's left big toe. That same toe was operated on in OKC (back when the Hornets were in exile) by the OKC Doctor who gave him the physical and advised the Thunder to rescind. This is the same toe he played on all last year through a division championship and the second round of the playoffs... I'm gonna watch the trade deadline wire, but it sounds like this physical stuff was all bogus, and OKC thought twice about the money issue. One thing is for sure, the Hornets players and fans, who were not happy with the trade, are happy to get him back. Theres' still a luxury taxx issue for the team, but hopefully Chandler can heal up from his ankle injury and get back on the floor....

But after last night's 32 point win against the Magic, he can take his time healing:

December 25th-- Hornets at Magic-- "Merry Christmas, Hornets-- Here's a 20 pt. loss for you!"

February 18th -- Magic at Hornets -- "Happy Mardi Gras, Magic-- let me throw you a 32 point loss!"

It is what it is.

Is it me or did canning Porter as coach for the Suns lit a giant ass fire under their asses?

Two games against the lame duck Clippers and they drop 140 and 142. If they can do that against a weakling, imagine what they could do against someone with a pulse.

Is it me or did canning Porter as coach for the Suns lit a giant ass fire under their asses?

Two games against the lame duck Clippers and they drop 140 and 142. If they can do that against a weakling, imagine what they could do against someone with a pulse.

While it does definately provide a little hope, I think you have a little bit of misunderstood excitement, here. If they can drop 282 points in 2 games on a crappy team, really doesn't mean anything against a good team. It just means they can beat the s***ty teams that everyone else can, too. A real test is when they play one of those teams "with a pulse".

While it does definately provide a little hope, I think you have a little bit of misunderstood excitement, here. If they can drop 282 points in 2 games on a crappy team, really doesn't mean anything against a good team. It just means they can beat the s***ty teams that everyone else can, too. A real test is when they play one of those teams "with a pulse".

Exactly. Even though they pointed out once or twice, "It was the Clippers," ESPN basically declared the Suns back, and firing Terry Porter means that the Suns are back on track and everything is hunky-dory in Phoenix, and the Suns can compete with anybody in the west again. But they seem to ignore a point that they brought up probably twice throughout the entire lovefest: IT WAS AGAINST THE FREAKING CLIPPERS!

Unless you are the Hawks who have no resemblance of an offensive system, if you have a good offense, you can put 110+ on the Clippers easy. Let's see them do it against someone decent.

And why are people continuing to ignore the Spurs? Tim Duncan's having one of the best years of his career, Tony Parker's ramped his game up, and the Spurs are basically in a dead-heat with the Nuggets for 2nd in the west...and yet they've gone widely ignored except for when they beat the teams that people are talking about, like the Celtics, Suns, Lakers (have split the season series with them so far), and other teams that people love talking about but aren't as good as the Spurs. Plus, it's an odd-year, so there's a good chance that the Spurs are going to make a run for the trophy.

The Bulls made two more trades today. They sent Larry Hughes to the Knicks for Tim Thomas, Jerome James, and Anthony Roberson. And they also traded Thabo Sefelosha to the Thunder for a first-round pick in the 2009 Draft.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Bulls made two more trades today. They sent Larry Hughes to the Knicks for Tim Thomas, Jerome James, and Anthony Roberson. And they also traded Thabo Sefelosha to the Thunder for a first-round pick in the 2009 Draft.

jerome James will be the best center in the NBA next year,its his contract year ^_^

yoo3.png

It amazes me with each NBA trade deadline day.....

There's the big names that get traded, then there's the guys that make folks say "Who the hell is that guy?". It's some guy that's got no name value in the NBA, and wasn't a big name in college, either.

I watched some of the Hawks-Lakers game the other night, and saw a fella by the name of Thomas Gardner playing for the Hawks. And the guy's been around all season, it seems. Never heard of this guy, and that includes college basketball.

There's the big names that get traded, then there's the guys that make folks say "Who the hell is that guy?". It's some guy that's got no name value in the NBA, and wasn't a big name in college, either.

I watched some of the Hawks-Lakers game the other night, and saw a fella by the name of Thomas Gardner playing for the Hawks. And the guy's been around all season, it seems. Never heard of this guy, and that includes college basketball.

He played at Mizzou. Was probably their best player at the time, but left after his Junior year and went undrafted in 2006.

I am so pumped that Charles Barkley is back on TNT -- wish he'd been back for the All-Star game, though.

This is what happens when someone is drunk twice over the legal limit and missing a stop sign to go get favors from a girl from a club. I swear when this happened this is all the Phoenix media talked about for a good month.

Thomas Gardner must have been in there in garbage time, because I missed the tail end of that game. Him, Randolph Morris, Othello Hunter (who just got demoted to the D-League) and Mario West are the basically permanent members of the Mike Woodson Garbage Time Club, with Acie Law slowly but surely making his way into that club as well. Everybody else gets out of this world minutes, which is why Joe Johnson looks dead out there most of the time. The man is one of the league leaders in minutes, and when you bench consists of mostly those guys, I can see why.

With that said...that's gotta be the most inconspicuous injuries I've ever heard of for poor Amar'e. He gets his eye hurt in the first, and drops 42 for the rest of the game. That's weird, but it sucks to see a player have a recurring injury like that, especially in the eye.

It looks like K-G will miss the rest of the trip for the Celtics. The injury might not be that bad, though. I could still see them winning 2 of the 3. Maybe, Denver being the loss.

Cavaliers might be getting Delonte West back tonight against the Bucks. So, it will be niceto see the Cavaliers at full strength again. I think I saw that the Cavaliers were 25-4 with a "healthy line-up". Then Z went down... then Delonte West went down.

...aaaaaaaand LeBron James just dropped a double nickel on Milwaukee. Unbelievable.

Have I mentioned I want him in NY? ^_^

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived