Trade in your old jersey's towards new ones

JToad

Just wanted to get your opinions on this..

My sports apparel store is having a new program, where customers can return their gently used old jersey's, towards the price of a new one. For example, say you have an purple Alonzo Mourning Hornets jersey that obviously no longer fits, bring it in to my store and I'll give you 20% off any jersey in the store. Then, we have a rack of these jersey's for sale between $5-$20. What do you think? I kinda used you guys as inspiration for the idea, plus I think we can have a pretty funny ad campaign via local commercials. Good idea? yay or nay?

Sorry if this is inapropriate for this forum, just thought I'd throw it out there.. Looking forward to opinions!

Thanks

That's an awesome idea, IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Just wanted to get your opinions on this..

My sports apparel store is having a new program, where customers can return their gently used old jersey's, towards the price of a new one. For example, say you have an purple Alonzo Mourning Hornets jersey that obviously no longer fits, bring it in to my store and I'll give you 20% off any jersey in the store. Then, we have a rack of these jersey's for sale between $5-$20. What do you think? I kinda used you guys as inspiration for the idea, plus I think we can have a pretty funny ad campaign via local commercials. Good idea? yay or nay?

Sorry if this is inapropriate for this forum, just thought I'd throw it out there.. Looking forward to opinions!

Thanks

This intrigues me - if nothing, I might be interested in those $5-20 jerseys you have on that rack.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

So um...where's the store?

South Bend, Indiana. website is www.allstarssports.com We only have our novelty items on there now, but we will be putting a list of old jerseys we acquire on there. So if you all want, I can keep you guys updated. We can ship and what not. Ill give you guys first dibs!

I have a very gently used jersey that is worth like $150. How much could I get for that? It seems that there is no compensating differential for very gently used or very high quality merchandise. Otherwise, it is a good idea.

I would also like to browse the $5-20 rack, and I don't buy a lot of jerseys.

I have a very gently used jersey that is worth like $150. How much could I get for that? It seems that there is no compensating differential for very gently used or very high quality merchandise. Otherwise, it is a good idea.

I would also like to browse the $5-20 rack, and I don't buy a lot of jerseys.

We don't want to get into the biz of buy and selling based on value. The whole point is, to get rid of some random stuff you have around, and get a nice discount towards something new. We aren't going to try and take Mitchell and Ness due to the number of counterfeit stuff out there, and while I and the owner could def. tell the difference, Im not so sure about the other employees. We won't compromise on quality. It's a fun little program we are coming up with, and we want it to be as affordable and easy for everyone. I will post more info as it becomes available.

I appreciate everyones interest, and rest assured, you will all be the first to know. Im starting the collection by donating a pintstripe Houston Astros replica from majestic, as well as a worn once road Phillip Buchannon Raiders replica f/ Reebok.

My Current Favorite Item on your site store:

Billiard Ball

$30.00

Tired of playing with those old, tired stripes and solids? Now you can play with your favorite team's balls.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Great idea, and I would totally participate if a local retailer did such a promotion.

Gets me to thinking. I was at the Sports Authority in Springfield, VA this weekend, and they had the strangest rack of goods in the logo merchandise section. Marked for clearance prices were numbered sleeveless baseball jerseys, in gray with royal blue piping around the arms, and really thick navy script with royal outlines that read "Greeley West." That would be Greeley West High School in Greeley, Colorado. Also on the rack were matching gray baseball pants with royal blue piping and navy blue baseball undershirts. All Nike.

Anyway, point is, I'd never seen such a display before. If these were used jerseys, they were exceptionally well cleaned and repaired. But it was a whole team's worth of kit. So: Is this how Nike (or anyone else) disposes of old used uniforms as some sort of recycling project? Is this a whole set that was made and then the order canceled? And why are these being liquidated in Springfield, VA, of all places?

On reflection, I am totally going to have to go back and pick one up for my collection. I'm kicking myself; they had a large number 4, which should have made it an automatic purchase when I saw it.

20082614447.png

My Current Favorite Item on your site store:

Billiard Ball

$30.00

Tired of playing with those old, tired stripes and solids? Now you can play with your favorite team's balls.

<12-year-old>*giggle*</12-year-old>

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Great idea, and I would totally participate if a local retailer did such a promotion.

Gets me to thinking. I was at the Sports Authority in Springfield, VA this weekend, and they had the strangest rack of goods in the logo merchandise section. Marked for clearance prices were numbered sleeveless baseball jerseys, in gray with royal blue piping around the arms, and really thick navy script with royal outlines that read "Greeley West." That would be Greeley West High School in Greeley, Colorado. Also on the rack were matching gray baseball pants with royal blue piping and navy blue baseball undershirts. All Nike.

Anyway, point is, I'd never seen such a display before. If these were used jerseys, they were exceptionally well cleaned and repaired. But it was a whole team's worth of kit. So: Is this how Nike (or anyone else) disposes of old used uniforms as some sort of recycling project? Is this a whole set that was made and then the order canceled? And why are these being liquidated in Springfield, VA, of all places?

On reflection, I am totally going to have to go back and pick one up for my collection. I'm kicking myself; they had a large number 4, which should have made it an automatic purchase when I saw it.

Ughhh...the one in Springfield Mall??? Or as I like to call it...Gangland Mall

Ughhh...the one in Springfield Mall??? Or as I like to call it...Gangland Mall

That's the one. The good news: Virginia is a concealed carry state. I find that if you memorize your path as you go, it's usually possible to shoot your way back to the safety of Target when you're done shopping.

(Not really a joking matter, given the recent murder there, so forgive the attempt at gallows humor.)

Anyway, worth a visit to check out the quirky Greeley West baseball jerseys.

20082614447.png

Archived