talk DiRT

chestnutz

Alright, so one of the teacher's in my school who runs a lot of clubs (mainly environmental) asked me to come up with a logo for our diversity club, simply called the Diversity Roundtable (which talks during lunch several days a week).

It isn't a logo per se, but to put on banners and such around the school, to raise awareness about it or something (not really sure). Right now they just have a simple word document with TALK DiRT on paper. So he asked me to come up with a text-only kinda thing, add some more flair to it.

DiRT stands for Diversity Round Table.

Gimme dat C&C.

TALK-DiRT-logos-1.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I don't like the font you used or the colors. If it's environmental then the green is fine but I don't like the blue with it and if it's about diversity then I tend to think of more skin tone-y things. Also make the i and the a closer together a bit. However, I love the idea behind it. Simple and effective.

Yeah, the colors aren't final at all, I just picked three to show off how it looked and was eager to hear some others' opinions. Although I'm keen on using a unique color palette, because, well, it needs to be diverse. The tweaking is what it could use, and that's where you guys come in - how close/far the "a" and "i" should be, etc. So thanks for that GBM. I need to use a sans-serif font, because the speak box "a" is a circle without serifs.

EDIT::::::

Update 1

-Made the transition in the speakerboxx "a" smoother

-Made the a and i closer

-Made the a a bit thicker

-Made the T closer to the a, and both of them closer to lk

-New color scheme, don't know why I didn't think of those colors for diversity earlier

TALK-DiRT-logos-2.png

spacer.png

I'd remove the circle in the "a". Also I think you can push the I as a person thing a bit more. Maybe the I is a side view head with a mouth and nose? I dunno. Maybe its fine as is...

You might want to look at moving "Talk" just a touch to the right. The voice bubble aspect of the A looks just a touch awkward, I think that could be solved with a bit less of an extreme curve there. It might be fine as is too...just explore that.

I liked your first color set better than the browns.

Other than that, its a really nice looking logo. Nice font usage.

I say make the i narrow at the bottom or leave it the width it is and make the top taller and wider and the the dot of the i, a little oblong to give it the look that it's coming out at you and wants you to hear something.

I love it as is, and preferred the first color palette as well.

I'd like to see it w/no hole in the 'a' as pcgd suggested, and while it's great how it is, I think that oddball's idea would take the jump to professional level (but more logo-ee and less text-ee). Using a bit of curve and adding perspective to the i as if viewing from above w/a fisheye kind of lense could look awesome. Then you could make the 'a' bigger to fit the more 3D i.

I like it as is, but I'm curious to see what it would look like w/the above changes. Great idea!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm really psyched about this idea. I think I may try out a dark grey-blue and the neon green, it's one of my favorite color combos.

On the note of filling the a in, I originally did that, but I think it lost a bit of its legibility, and that none of the other letters with holes in them (D, R) were filled. So I tried filling the D and R as well, and it didn't fit right. But I'll try it out anyways.

Here's an update, with new colors and three variations on how I could do the speakerbox a

TALK-DiRT-logos-3.png

spacer.png

Either one of the left two look great to me! I think I like the bottom one best, but its up to you. I'd still look at making some changes to the "i" to make it a bit more human. Might be as simple as rounding the "shoulders" a bit.

Update 3

-Several different color combos

-Chose the top left/bottom right option from the previous post. I showed it to the guy who'll be using it and he loved them, saying that was his favorite

-Tried out 6 different options of conveying the human dude. Let me know what your favorite is.

-Made the "a" curve a little smoother.

TALK-DiRT-logos-4.png

spacer.png

Top right is best.

That's almost exactly what I was envisioning, only I would've curved the body of the i a bit and given it more perspective, kinda like this:

(bear with me, this was QUICK and I did it in PS instead of Illustrator for some reason)

i.gif

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Another update

-Six different "i" options, myself and the person I'm making it for agreed top right and bottom right were best.

-Six different color options. I talked to the guy today and he said he wanted to see how a two-tone would look, so I'm testing some colors out.

-Per his request, added "diversity round table" underneath.

TALK-DiRT-logos-5.png

spacer.png

Archived