Oklahoma City's Mascot Revealed

roxfan00

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came up with an idea as to what the Thunder mascot would be. My idea was some tiger dressed as a viking. I would've gotten into sending my idea in. But I couldn't find the time to do it.

Hopefully, the OKC mascot doesn't turn out to be some abomination which I have a feeling it's going to be one.

I am now a resident of OKC, I'm glad I get to see some NBA basketball. I was very disappointed with the logo, however I think the colors work. Rumble is a nice addition, I think as a mascot it works really well. Hopefully that can incorporate this buffalo into primary/secondary logos.

If your chief CCSLC detractors are patsox and DirtyCurty, you couldn't have done that bad.

Considering their inaugural look, we knew that OKC was capable of far worse mascot-wise. I can't find any fault with Rumble. He's family friendly, yet doesn't look too silly. It is annoying though, how so many teams give their mascot a stupid backstory.

As I said before, hopefully this foreshadows a full bison-themed identity to come.

I was honestly expecting a cartoonish-looking, slender, BLUE bison with horns coming out of his head. Considering what they got, it's still a pretty good job on OKC's part. They just could've done much better logo-wise, if that's what they had in mind for the mascot.

Oh my god, ya'll have to click on the "read my story" button on the website.

Rumble's story is about as jumbled as the Thunder's logo. He climbed a mountain? He was struck by lightning?! The "thunder god" let him live and made him bipedal so he could immortally roam the land in search of terrible basketball?!!

He's like a character from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Archived