Stacey Dales leaves ESPN.

sacker12

Oh boo-hoo. She wants to sit first class, so she decides to pack it in and quit.

Is it wrong that she's sitting coach and the others are in first class? Probably. But honestly, who cares? Is sitting coach THAT big of a difference? Is it SO inferior to her colleague's positions at the front of the plane that it's worth making a stink over and leaving your otherwise great job? Come on now. She wasn't sitting in a crate with chickens or sitting in an overhead compartment with luggage. If plane seating arrangements were enough to send her over the edge, then she gets zero sympathy from me. Be happy you have a job at ESPN and that they pay for your travel at all. You're on a plane, for free, doing a job you presumably love to do for the biggest name in sports news.

I'm tired of every damn perceived inequality being overblown.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Oh boo-hoo. She wants to sit first class, so she decides to pack it in and quit.

Is it wrong that she's sitting coach and the others are in first class? Probably. But honestly, who cares? Is sitting coach THAT big of a difference? Is it SO inferior to her colleague's positions at the front of the plane that it's worth making a stink over and leaving your otherwise great job? Come on now. She wasn't sitting in a crate with chickens or sitting in an overhead compartment with luggage. If plane seating arrangements were enough to send her over the edge, then she gets zero sympathy from me. Be happy you have a job at ESPN and that they pay for your travel at all. You're on a plane, for free, doing a job you presumably love to do for the biggest name in sports news.

Having done both the last time I traveled I can say yes there is THAT big a difference. It's one thing to fly coach occasionally for leisure travel. If you're traveling constantly for business the difference is huge. You try being crammed in with every rookie, whiner, and idiot on the plane every few days and then ask if it's THAT big a difference.

BB52Big.jpg

Having done both the last time I traveled I can say yes there is THAT big a difference. It's one thing to fly coach occasionally for leisure travel. If you're traveling constantly for business the difference is huge. You try being crammed in with every rookie, whiner, and idiot on the plane every few days and then ask if it's THAT big a difference.

You don't even need to fly constantly to know the difference. Flying 14 hours on coach is not a pleasant experience.... and I'm looking at doing it again as I speak.... I'll make sure to buy some noise-cancelling headphones next time around ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

You don't even need to fly constantly to know the difference. Flying 14 hours on coach is not a pleasant experience.... and I'm looking at doing it again as I speak.... I'll make sure to buy some noise-cancelling headphones next time around ^_^

Meh. I've done 12-hour flights myself in coach, and I can tell you I don't give it any more thought. I watch a movie, pop in my iPod, take a nap, read a magazine... whatever. Are they the greatest experiences in the world? No. But honestly, flying coach on a business trip should be the worst thing to happen to someone like Stacey Dales on the job. In the grand scheme of things, it is not that serious. She doesn't need Air Force One to do her job effectively. If you have to fly coach, be thankful for what you've got, be thankful you're not paying for your trip period, don't push it and do your job to the best of your ability.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

If she's part of a team with x, y, and z, then she should be in first class with them. To say nothing of the implications of sending the woman to the back, it seems bad for the esprit de corps to have one-fourth of the broadcasting team traveling separately from the other three (unless it's a John Madden sorta deal). Bob Griese would have every right to be pissed if he were the one relegated to coach while Stacey Dales got to fly first class.

I'm surprised any of them are flying first class.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If she's part of a team with x, y, and z, then she should be in first class with them. To say nothing of the implications of sending the woman to the back, it seems bad for the esprit de corps to have one-fourth of the broadcasting team traveling separately from the other three (unless it's a John Madden sorta deal). Bob Griese would have every right to be pissed if he were the one relegated to coach while Stacey Dales got to fly first class.

I'm surprised any of them are flying first class.

The term "first class" depends on the flight and what plane they are flying in. In some cases "first class" is basically "business class" on much larger planes.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm on 14 hour flights all the time, most of them in coach. It's all about what you make of it. I just sit tight and watch the movie and take a nap. It's not like everyone that flies in coach is a degenerate. The only problem I could see people having with not flying first class is if they were really big or really tall, cuz you have more leg room. But that's really it. I'll go work for ESPN and I'll love it, no matter how I am traveling.

I'm on 14 hour flights all the time, most of them in coach. It's all about what you make of it. I just sit tight and watch the movie and take a nap. It's not like everyone that flies in coach is a degenerate. The only problem I could see people having with not flying first class is if they were really big or really tall, cuz you have more leg room. But that's really it. I'll go work for ESPN and I'll love it, no matter how I am traveling.

No, just most of them.

BB52Big.jpg

You know you fly most of your flights space-A... :D (j/k)

On the real, though, as both a former airline employee and a veteran of three combat tours (meaning I, much like Mr. Contractor up above me here, have seen more than my fair share of 14-, 16-, 18-hour flights), I can truly say that first class (or "business" class) is overrated. Like Jay said, unless you got longer limbs or wider girth, it really ain't much difference (other than complimentary bevereges and snacks--or Heinekens--every 15 minutes or so on regular commercial flights). Hell, my R&R flight here to the States was slam-full of people (320-something or something like that) and I don't think any of us had any issues.

(But then, I ain't an E-9, CW5, or O-5 or above...so I wouldn't know if they had any issues up in the front of the plane...lucky bastards. <_< )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I see why she's upset, but I don't think she should have left her job over it. Anyway, I've never sat in first/business class, and I've been on a lot of flights in my short lifetime. My cousin and I are going to Israel this summer with our grandparents and they were going to get business class tickets, but they've just gotten too expensive.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Umm, who? I watch a decent amount of ESPN and I don't think I've ever heard of her.

Kinda similar to the Trev Alberts situation where he took his ball and went home because ESPN wouldn't evelvate him from their second-tier College Football show.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived