Research Paper

Fusebazell

Wow, same age and grade and I've done maybe one paper all year...

I guess if its pick anything, pick something you like and if you can't decide, put them in a hat and pick one from there, thats what I've done a couple times.

It's a research paper you have to write. Do you want to sit in the time-out chair young man? Just kidding. You should do your paper on something that you are interested in and passionate about.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

If you should happen to select the topic of our Sixteenth President, please promise me you'll do a better job than this.

Seriously though, you've been given a great opportunity here. I can't ever remember having much latitude in selecting subject matters for a research paper, especially in 8th grade (I think that's so the teachers didn't have so many references to check when grading). Find a subject that interests you and run with it. Your existing interest in that subject should give you the focus and the momentum to put together something of which you will be really proud and might actually get a good grade for as well!

Good luck!

-- yh (B.A., English, Univ. of MO 1990) - surprise surprise)

Wow, after reading that I realized I didn't know squat about Abe Lincoln. :therock:

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

You should definitely do your paper on sanskrit.

("Sanskrit? You're majoring in a five thousand year old dead language? Hmmm... Latin, best I can do.")

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If you should happen to select the topic of our Sixteenth President, please promise me you'll do a better job than this.

Seriously though, you've been given a great opportunity here. I can't ever remember having much latitude in selecting subject matters for a research paper, especially in 8th grade (I think that's so the teachers didn't have so many references to check when grading). Find a subject that interests you and run with it. Your existing interest in that subject should give you the focus and the momentum to put together something of which you will be really proud and might actually get a good grade for as well!

Good luck!

-- yh (B.A., English, Univ. of MO 1990) - surprise surprise)

I knew that bit about the Kleenex, but the gas station thing was totally new.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived