MLB 2009 Alternate Series

jake22

First off, people are trying to help you when they say change the template. You should change it. Second, a gold M on a gold jersey is not readable. Third, the numerals don't match the script. Fourth, a number of people complained about the dijon colored jerseys for the all-star game, and your presentation of it is not a good rebuttal. The white drop shadow on the NOB stands out more than the navy NOB, and it's hard to read partial letters. Finally, would this go with white pants even though it has a road script? Or would it be a road jersey and be worn with grey pants? (That would be incredibly awful.) This concept has serious issues, and you need to fix it before moving on to the next one.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright i hear what everyone is saying, i will slow down, edit or use a different template, and update philly and the brewers beroe i move on. keep the C&C coming

Not bad.

But, looking at your disclaimer, can the modifications ever really be your property?

To this i am not sure. Of corse when i recolor a logo i am not saying it is my property, i have just seen many concepts on here with a marking similar to mine. I think all i am trying to say is that everyone should be fully aware that this is not my original logo. I thought it looked more profecional, but if i am wrong i can change the layout to not inclue that.

Alright i hear what everyone is saying, i will slow down, edit or use a different template, and update philly and the brewers beroe i move on. keep the C&C coming
Not bad.

But, looking at your disclaimer, can the modifications ever really be your property?

To this i am not sure. Of corse when i recolor a logo i am not saying it is my property, i have just seen many concepts on here with a marking similar to mine. I think all i am trying to say is that everyone should be fully aware that this is not my original logo. I thought it looked more profecional, but if i am wrong i can change the layout to not inclue that.

Your spelling is as bad as your template! I guess that at your school they care more about what football uniforms to get than the english language.

Edit: Its professional by the way.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Not bad.

Your spelling is as bad as your template! I guess that at your school they care more about what football uniforms to get than the english language.

yup in my school no one gives a crap about anything. no thats just me, cammon i spelled something wrong, at least say something about the concept if you care so much about my spelling

Not bad.

yup in my school no one gives a crap about anything. no thats just me, cammon i spelled something wrong, at least say something about the concept if you care so much about my spelling

He did say something about your concept. He said the template is bad.

Not bad.

He did say something about your concept. He said the template is bad.

ok well i give up because i do not want this to go to the graveyard, i guess i will try to spell better.

• 3 months later...

I mean, it looks fine, but it's just incredibly obvious and we've seen something like this a thousand times. Do something more - change some logos, change some colors, come up with a new wordmark - and this series will be way less boring.

EDIT: looking back I actually really like what you did with the Athletics, there is enough green to balance out the yellow, it's pretty good.

A St. Louis uniform needs to have the Birds and Bat - non-negotiable.

This design looks like the knock-offs that are designed for the high school thug look.

Uhh, please explain this to me.

I like what you have done so far, especially with the A's, I had no idea yellow could look that good.

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

• 1 month later...
Time for the Rays. This is the alternate I wish they had. It would make the dark blue uni they have now an alternate for the road only.

enjoy.

RaysAlt1.png

C&C

Any way I could see what this looks like with a navy script and navy numbers outlined in white?

Time for the Rays. This is the alternate I wish they had. It would make the dark blue uni they have now an alternate for the road only.

enjoy.

RaysAlt1.png

C&C

Any way I could see what this looks like with a navy script and navy numbers outlined in white?

I could try that but i think the white goes well with the pants.

I like what I see, but a few things...

I'd prefer Navy numbers, since the Royals powder blues have white numbers. Maybe even a navy script, with a white outline, no drop shadow?

Also I'd use MLB Block numbers. Idk, I saw a lot of counterfeit jerseys with the wrong number font, but w/e

But overall, I approve.

ca436a8e.gif

Archived