MLB 2009 Alternate Series

jake22

Alright, im back with a new series, the MLB. Many teams in the MLB have uni sets that are just fine with me that just need a good alternate jersey to complement them. That is what this series will be about.

I made a new paint baseball template that i will be using in this series, it it here for anyone else that wants to use it.

Concept 1: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

I am not a big fan of their current look, many in the past were better in my oppinion. But, with thier current look i think blue is not used as much as it should be. That was the thinking behind this alternate jersey. This jersey could be used both for home and road jerseys.

anglesalternate-1.png

C&C please

- - - - -

Teams Alternates Already Done

NLline-4.png

Philadelphia Phillies

Milwaukee Brewers

St. Louis Cardinals Home Alternate, Road Alternate

Los Angeles Dodgers

New York Mets

ALLine-4.png

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Oakland Athletics

Tampa Bay Rays, Edit #1

Baltimore Orioles

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Don't you want to finish your other series first?

2. It's Angels.

3. I think the Angels focus more on red, just look at their hats, logos, wordmarks, piping, etc. That's why blue doesn't work.

4. My sig is awesome huh? ;)

Edit: 5. Your template is really, really lopsided.

2. It's Angels.

3. I think the Angels focus more on red, just look at their hats, logos, wordmarks, piping, etc. That's why blue doesn't work.

1. yes, but i wanted a little break

2. fixed

3. alright, but seeing the on the 4th last year with the blue hats really told me that blue was a possibility that could be done wirth them

4. yeh i didnt do it well either, i will probly change it. EDIT: i just did, notw it kionda looks like patsox, haha

5. How?

2. It's Angels.

1. yes, but i wanted a little break

2. fixed

3. alright, but seeing the on the 4th last year with the blue hats really told me that blue was a possibility that could be done wirth them

4. yeh i didnt do it well either, i will probly change it. EDIT: i just did, notw it kionda looks like patsox, haha

5. How?

4. Haha you didn't have to change it I was just kidding.

5. Look at the back view.

alright well i amnot seeing the spot in the template where you guys are talking about,i can try and fix it if you can show me. Anyway i know the blue dosn't fit great but i still think it would fit. i think i amgoing to move onto the next team if no one has any more C&C

alright well i amnot seeing the spot in the template where you guys are talking about,i can try and fix it if you can show me. Anyway i know the blue dosn't fit great but i still think it would fit. i think i amgoing to move onto the next team if no one has any more C&C

Right next to the 9.

6fQjS3M.png

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is with the template.

As far as the concept goes, I don't think it looks bad. Perhaps you can put some piping on the sleeves to match the red piping on the front of the jersey, and make the outline around the numbers a little thinner. I would even try a red number outlined in White on the front, and leave the back.

alright, thanks for the C&C, i made the template by just tracing a few jersey pics i found that were proble found hanging on a hanger to begin with. so i guess i could make it better but i really like it.

i will make an update then move onto oakland, i am thinking yellow sleevless

i like the blue and if he did red you would all bitch and say its not a big enough change. This forums are the most hypocritical place in the world.

Hey now. Although I agree that some are real quick to say too much negative without giving any constructive criticism to the artist, I really don't think this is one of those threads. Yes it got off topic for a little while about the template. But Jake isn't getting a verbal bashing for his work here. I really don't think this was the right thread to bring something like this up.

i like the blue and if he did red you would all bitch and say its not a big enough change. This forums are the most hypocritical place in the world.

Then leave. No one's forcing you to be here. Quite frankly, if you think so little of us, anyway, why would you want to stick around?

Alrigh i will try to update the template next jersey but in the meantime i have an update and a new jersey.

The Angles Update

- made the piping thicker

- added some sleeve piping

anglesalternate.png

The Oakland A's

- I got my insparation for this jersey from last years throwbacks

- I think yellow is a great color, but this jersey would only be intended for use for 10 mabey 12 road games a season

- this would be a nice change up from that awful black one they pull out every once and a while

oaklandroadalternate.png

C&C please

I like the idea, but first of all the script on the front of the jersey is too far down and the number and nameplate on the back are too. Next, I have a question. Is the jersey supposed to be sleeveless or all one piece? I'm going to assume it is supposed to be sleeveless for now and suggest that you add piping around the sleeves and around the placket. Also, go with a green hat/gold bill. Overall this is pretty solid. Good job, Jake.

Archived