Official Logo Contest - Ottawa Voyageurs

Prince Senator

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm designing a logo, but it seems rather close to the season for a contest winner's logo to be put into production. My guess is that the contest is for publicity.

But they're shelling out so much in prizes. A jersey! Bragging rights! A flex pack... wait, WTF is a flex pack?

So, is this gonna be the real logo for the team were designing, or is this just for fun?

If there is no prize or anything involved, I don't think many people will be up for this.

EDIT: Oh, I see now. I was too stupid to go to the website and see for myself. I thought you just made this up.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm designing a logo, but it seems rather close to the season for a contest winner's logo to be put into production. My guess is that the contest is for publicity.

But they're shelling out so much in prizes. A jersey! Bragging rights! A flex pack... wait, WTF is a flex pack?

A flex pack (if its the same as it is for the Indians here in Indianapolis) is a number of blank tickets that you can exchange for any game.

Personally...I get a 20 pack every season for the Indians. Its pretty cool to just have them already paid for and just walk up if you feel like going to a game. Plus you can use them 1 by 1 or all 20 at once.

If you were joking...sorry I missed the joke.

A flex pack (if its the same as it is for the Indians here in Indianapolis) is a number of blank tickets that you can exchange for any game.

Personally...I get a 20 pack every season for the Indians. Its pretty cool to just have them already paid for and just walk up if you feel like going to a game. Plus you can use them 1 by 1 or all 20 at once.

If you were joking...sorry I missed the joke.

My dad bought the flex pack last year, and I was able to take a bunch of friends. We started the wave :D .

6fQjS3M.png

Well, the prize stinks, but I gave it a shot anyway. This was my submission.

Ottawa-Voyageurs-logos.png

Not bad. I really like the color scheme. What I do not like is the bat on the primary- its too short and stubby. If you're gonna make it that short, you should make it skinnier too. I also think that the baseball there looks more like a tennis ball, you should add more detail to the laces.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

burgundyskins, you don't stand a chance in this contest. Why? Your logo is just too damn good. What's going to happen is this: a lot of people (probably from here) will submit great designs. Designs that any team would be honored to wear. When they give out the finalists, you're going to wonder how you lost to them. They will absolutely suck (see that Colts contest from last year - the submissions on this board v.s. what was actually chosen). If you win, I would be shocked.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yeah, I figure that too Brass, but It it can't hurt to try. It'll probably end up being some 3rd grader from Ottawa that ends up winning, but at least I'll have gotten good practice out of it. Although, the fact that they're requiring vector files should limit the pool of contestants. But just because it's vector doesn't mean a successful logo. It would be nice though to see someone from here win.

spacer.png

Archived