Mets add (another) outline to BP numbers?

f-ing palko

Sorry if this has been discussed, but looking at this photo from Metsblog, there seems to be an added blue outline on the BP's, between the black and white.

I remember discussing the extra white outline around the orange drop shadow last year, but I haven't noticed this blue outline before. Overkill, clearly, but is this in fact new? Curiously, it appears green on Livan's jersey, the angle, perhaps?dsc-0058.jpg

Also of note, MetsBlog is reporting the Mets will wear the (classier) CitiField logo on there caps the entire season. I'm not a fan of that idea. Has that ever been done before?

Leave it to the Mets to do something like that. Just put the 'good' patch on the jersey sleeve and leave the hats alone. To answer your question about it, no, I don't think it has ever been done before. I certainly hope it doesn't spark a trend.

As for the numbers, I think that is new for this year. I'll check my guide and if it is I'll confirm.

Well if clothes really do make the man, this explains why the Mets always play like crap come the end of the season.

Agreed...but then teams like the Cardinals and the Dodgers would be making the post season every year....and we can't have that! Well...you wouldn't mind. :)

So it goes black-blue-white-orange-white? Holy geez, what a mess. Well, at least they can beat the Marlins in one regard: numeral outlines.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yup that's him. Personally I hope he chokes, along with everyone else in that picture. But when it comes to that sort of thing, I guess there is really no need for hope huh? It just happens :)
First, I don't know how you can even see an extra blue stripe in that picture. Second, I'd rather they give themselves an opportunity to choke than be battling it out with Washington for 4th place, again!

Yup that's him. Personally I hope he chokes, along with everyone else in that picture. But when it comes to that sort of thing, I guess there is really no need for hope huh? It just happens :)
First, I don't know how you can even see an extra blue stripe in that picture. Second, I'd rather they give themselves an opportunity to choke than be battling it out with Washington for 4th place, again!

To each his own...I still hope they choke. ;)

PS: We did finish 4th last year, but it wasn't exactly like the Nats were close...they finished 12 games behind Atlanta

I'm going to toot my own horn here and say I had the first mention of the hat patch as cited on Uniwatch this morning. I actually ordered the hat yesterday morning. It'll be here tomorrow. I cannot wait. The good Citi Field patch is a major improvement. I hope they'll reconsider replacing the pizza patch with it.

Great spot on the extra blue outline. I'm not going to get riled up about it because it's a BP jersey. At the very least, it's more blue. They're inching towards it. Hopefully soon black will be, as Gary Cohen would say, OUTTA HERE!

sig2024.png

Archived