AFL 50th Anniversary Uniforms.

dcameronh

I know it may have been talked about in the 2009 NFL changes thread or elsewhere but sence there was a thread for the logos why not for the uniforms.

Post here what you think the unifroms should be for the original AFL teams having their 50th anniversary this next year or if you know what they will be for sure.

IMO, I think for uniforms they should all go with these from the 1960 season. My favorite is the Broncos with those vertical striped socks.

AFL West:

Raiders

Oakland60.gif

Broncos

Denver60.gif

Chiefs/Texans

DallasT60.gif

Chargers

LAC60.gif

I know it may have been talked about in the 2009 NFL changes thread or elsewhere but sence there was a thread for the logos why not for the uniforms.

Post here what you think the unifroms should be for the original AFL teams having their 50th anniversary this next year or if you know what they will be for sure.

IMO, I think for uniforms they should all go with these from the 1960 season. My favorite is the Broncos with those vertical striped socks.

AFL West:

Raiders

Oakland60.gif

Broncos

Denver60.gif

Chiefs/Texans

DallasT60.gif

Chargers

LAC60.gif

If the Broncos were to wear throwbacks next season, I think it'll be the orange helmets with the bucking bronco on it...I would be shocked if they wore the 1960 uniforms.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I think I read somewhere that the Bills will stick with there throwback that they've been wearing, and the Jets will don a Titans throwback just like the ones they've worn, only white.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I agree. It would be wild with those socks though.

I thought they supposedly burned all those socks.

They did, but I believe the HOF has a pair.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

If they're not going to wear 1960 unis - the Broncos, that is - I'd like to see the Jets wear the helmets they wore in their first year as the Jets, with the jet-plane logo on the helmet.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I think I read somewhere that the Bills will stick with there throwback that they've been wearing, and the Jets will don a Titans throwback just like the ones they've worn, only white.

Nothing I've read indicates that the Titans throwback will be a white version of the blue ones (as opposed to an historically accurate one).

I agree. It would be wild with those socks though.

I thought they supposedly burned all those socks.

They did, but I believe the HOF has a pair.

Yep, most of the socks/unis that could be found were burned in a public bonfire. Only a few pairs are still in existence, and the HOF has one of them. And that's the way it should stay. The Broncos can honor their history via uniform as long as they start in 1962. Orange and blue, not mustard and poop. I'd love to see some old uniforms come back...but not those ones.

Fun fact: the socks were the first Denver Bronco related items to make it into the HOF, well before Elway.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Ah, yes. Because we like our history whitewashed, sanitized, pasteurized and pre-approved. So much cleaner than reality.

Give us vertical stripes! :D

Well, you know, there's a reason they burned those things...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Is it sad that I'm basing which Pats game I go to this year based on when they break out the red throwbacks?

Nope, I would too. I prefer the Pats in red over the current navy blue.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

AFL West:

Raiders

Oakland60.gif

Broncos

Denver60.gif

Chiefs/Texans

DallasT60.gif

Chargers

LAC60.gif

Both the Chargers and Raiders are wearing 1963 throwbacks. The Chargers for their AFL championship and the Raiders for the first year of Al Davis taking over.

Is it sad that I'm basing which Pats game I go to this year based on when they break out the red throwbacks?

Nope, I would too. I prefer the Pats in red over the current navy blue.

Not at all. In fact, I'm gonna copycat your idea as well. Thanks! B)

Both the Chargers and Raiders are wearing 1963 throwbacks. The Chargers for their AFL championship and the Raiders for the first year of Al Davis taking over.

So those Chargers helmets from 1963 have a sheild on the front. Will they have that?

Uniforn in question: http://footballuniformhistory.com/images/1960/SanDiego63.gif

Also something else I thought of. If all teams are only allowed to have three different uniforms (home. away & alt... not including the number of color combonations with pants and what not), do teams like San Diego have to give up their current alternate for this year to be able to ware the throwback alternate?

Archived