MLB Traditions

pcgd

I swear, Chick-fil-A is not helping people in this country NOT be stupid idiots with these ridiculous misspellings in their advertising that is supposed to be funny.

Yeah, they're already making you employ cumbersome double negatives, redundancies, and incorrect subject-verb agreement!

I don't know why, but this is really funny.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I swear, Chick-fil-A is not helping people in this country NOT be stupid idiots with these ridiculous misspellings in their advertising that is supposed to be funny.

Yeah, they're already making you employ cumbersome double negatives, redundancies, and incorrect subject-verb agreement!

That chicken sandwhich is so good, it doesn't matter how they spell it. It's "delishus"

That chicken sandwhich is so good, it doesn't matter how they spell it. It's "delishus"

Does it matter how you spell it?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If I'm remembering well, the Old Cleveland Stadium had a teepee amidst the bleachers during the Indians games.

nocahoma1.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I believe the White Sox are the originators (or at least the ones who made popular) the "exploding scoreboard" with fireworks after home runs.

They've also taken to playing the Go Go White Sox song at key rally times.

New York Mets

"Lazy Mary? by Lou Monte in 7th inning

Home Run Apple

"Sweet Caroline" in the 8th inning

Flight Noise

They used to have "The Great Shea Airplane Race" where each level had a plane that would race each other around NYC and fly through the downtown streets. It was obviously halted and hasn't been done since 9/11 happened.

Years ago they would also have Banner Day between games of a scheduled doubleheader where the fans could march along the warning track with their pro-Mets messages.

Now the only tradition they're known for is blowing big leads late in September....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If I'm remembering well, the Old Cleveland Stadium had a teepee amidst the bleachers during the Indians games.

nocahoma1.jpg

This was the teepee at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, back when the best thing at the stadium was seeing a white guy in Indian regalia wander around his tent......

Chief Noc-a-Homa for the tomahawk chop, call it a fair trade.

Why do all these sports teams use "Sweet Caroline"? I understand how lusting after then-underage Kennedys can be a cherished Boston tradition, but why the New York Mets?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I believe the White Sox are the originators (or at least the ones who made popular) the "exploding scoreboard" with fireworks after home runs.

They've also taken to playing the Go Go White Sox song at key rally times.

And lest we forget, on-field beatings delivered by white trash.

("We ain't no white trash.")

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived