MLB Traditions

pcgd

For the Jays I guess you could add the hotel with rooms that look onto the field. And fairly recent addition was a ship's horn for every Jays home run. They say that the horn is from some famous ship that used to be based in Lake Ontario, but I have no more info about it.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the Jays I guess you could add the hotel with rooms that look onto the field. And fairly recent addition was a ship's horn for every Jays home run. They say that the horn is from some famous ship that used to be based in Lake Ontario, but I have no more info about it.

They've also been playing Sweet Caroline during the 8th inning throughout the WBC... hopefully they don't continue this into the Jays season; we don't need to steal from the Red Sox, regardless of how fun it is

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Mets had a fan vote last year to replace Sweet Caroline, I'm A Believer end up winning, after that Rick Roll Disaster on opening Day.

LMAO nothing like coming back from commercial and hearing Rick Roll in the background. I can proudly say I contributed to that.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

What about the Rally Monkey for the Angels? Is he still around?

They say that the horn is from some famous ship that used to be based in Lake Ontario, but I have no more info about it.

I heard that they use this to mimic a goal horn in hockey.

What about the Rally Monkey for the Angels? Is he still around?
They say that the horn is from some famous ship that used to be based in Lake Ontario, but I have no more info about it.

I heard that they use this to mimic a goal horn in hockey.

I'm pretty sure the Rally Monkey's still around. If it's not, it needs to be. ThunderStix + Rally Monkey = World Series.

The Royals play the Beatles' version of "Kansas City" after every win; they play the Wilson Pickett version after every loss. For years, they played Chubby Checkers' "Limbo Rock" during the 7th inning stretch, but they've sadly moved to a sing-along of "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks. Ugh.

I don't know if you want to call that airport-quality Gates BBQ in the stands a tradition, either. Now, if it were Bryant's or Oklahoma Joe's, we'd have a different story.

Only tradition that I can say at the moment for the Diamondbacks is the Mustard, Ketchup and Relish races.

Kinda dumb.

They've also been playing Sweet Caroline during the 8th inning throughout the WBC... hopefully they don't continue this into the Jays season; we don't need to steal from the Red Sox, regardless of how fun it is

Ugh, why? What an awful song.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Only tradition that I can say at the moment for the Diamondbacks is the Mustard, Ketchup and Relish races.

Kinda dumb.

The only one I can think of at the moment, there are plenty of others, but right now with my grandfathers death, my mind is clouded

The Royals play the Beatles' version of "Kansas City" after every win; they play the Wilson Pickett version after every loss. For years, they played Chubby Checkers' "Limbo Rock" during the 7th inning stretch, but they've sadly moved to a sing-along of "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks. Ugh.

I don't know if you want to call that airport-quality Gates BBQ in the stands a tradition, either. Now, if it were Bryant's or Oklahoma Joe's, we'd have a different story.

The Twins also play Friends in Low Places sometimes in like the 8th inning. It is a sing a long sponsore by Best Buy. We also sing Sweet Caroline once in a while, and my personal favorite Living on a Prayer.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Don't the D-backs pump in some kind of rattlesnake sound whenever there are 2 strikes? I'm pretty sure I hear something to that effect whenever I watch D'backs Broadcasts.

You are right and when you see a strike out you will hear a rattlesnake sound with the snake striking.

Another one they still do is when a Home Run is hit into the swimming pool, the pool will shoot fountains from the pool.

Archived