You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when...

raysox

What are times you realized you've been on CCSLC too long?...

On saturday, I was at a resturaunt, and the Womens NCAA tournament was on. Firtst thing I thought... Hmmm, Arizona State uses the same number font as the Blue Jays...

I was dissapointed in myself.

Oh, and...

2817907.jpg

pMLB2-5685654dt.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep.

Mine? Watching my team get to the sweet 16, but then noticing our star player's jersey lettering being maddeningly off center.

ncb_g_blair01_576.jpg

IT'S FOUR LETTERS, PEOPLE! CENTER THE "I"

Why would you center the "I"? You mean center it between the "I" and "T"?

Why would you center the "I"? You mean center it between the "I" and "T"?

To me it seems the I is closer to the P than to the T. Now you've got me wondering if it's the first T that's off. Regardless, SOMETHING is off and it bothers me. :P

No, sorry, I was thinking lining it up to the collar point between the "I" and "T". I see what your talking about now.

Yep.

Mine? Watching my team get to the sweet 16, but then noticing our star player's jersey lettering being maddeningly off center.

ncb_g_blair01_576.jpg

The jersey on the #3 player (sorry, I don't know his name) seems to look fine.

Wade-sig.png

Yep.

ncb_g_blair01_576.jpg

Do the gold outlines on #3's jersey look thicker to anyone else?

Yep.

ncb_g_blair01_576.jpg

Do the gold outlines on #3's jersey look thicker to anyone else?

I think it's just the angle of the picture

On saturday, I was at a resturaunt, and the Womens NCAA tournament was on. Firtst thing I thought... Hmmm, Arizona State uses the same number font as the Blue Jays...

I was dissapointed in myself.

Oh, and...

%7Boption%7D

I hate seeing that font because I always say "Crillee" in my head then it gets stuck in there like a song does. I know it doesn't make sense. I know I've been on here too long when I see a color out somewhere and think "I wish ColorWerx was here."

My most recent "moment" was in study hall at school, and we were watching Utah State and Marquette and my friend that is a Miami fan told me that Utah St copied Miami's U and we got into this huge argument over who copied who. I realized I was a nerd when I started rattling off all the major differences and how they were not alike, that's when he's like "dude, how do you know all that crap about sports logos?"

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Noticing which teams are SOD, and which ones are still using the lame collarbone stripe jerseys.

That happened to me. I was noticing all of the stupid SOD jerseys in the NCAA and NIT tournaments, but when I went to talk to someone about them, I realized no one would know what I was talking about.

The day came when you're friends asked you how why you know so much about sports logos and you proudly admitted youre a member of a message board dedicated to sports uniforms and logos and they looked at you like you were an alien.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

This happens to me more times than I care to count. Most of the time its my girlfriend who has to listen to my mindless banter but luckily she's a huge sports fan so at least she understands. The instance that comes to mind first is when I realized that West Virginia football uses the same font that my high school football team used my senior year. Of course since I graduated that have put the H logo of the New York New Jersey Hitmen on their helmets and I had to explain to my parents why I was so disgusted at the sight of their new uniforms.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Which, in turn, is the same font (Crillee) used in the credits for Star Trek: The Next Generation. How's that for geekitude? :winner:

CCSLC signature.png

Archived