You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when...

raysox

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... When I realized I get more excited about buying new pants, raglan shirts with matching socks, and trying to find a way for my spring softball team to coordinate and all buy stirrups. then I do about actually playing softball.

...your wife doesn't understand why everyone thought the Ranger's red/blue batting helmets were ugly and should've been banned.

I'm just glad she's not a part of the boards. I don't think she could've taken the abuse.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

when you're high school baseball team has 3 jerseys of green, gold, and white paired with white and gray pants and you're the lone dissenting vote against wearing the gold jerseys with gray pants.

It looked absolutely atrocious on the field, but we were like 7-1 in that combo. Still, I continued to voice my disgust for that uniform. It was especially disheartening because our gold jerseys looked beautiful with our white pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

When you refuse to watch or purchase tickets to games because the team your favorite team is playing is wearing crappy uniforms. Oh, and when you go into your baseball games and hockey games and edit the uniforms for your favorites, or you refuse to buy the newer hockey games because you hate the edge look.

This one is inexcusable, but generally this is where my friends seem to point to me as a nerd. Everyone else seems to think it's a mistake that anyone could make.

gretkzy.jpg

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I remember it was my senior year in high school and I was in art class. At some point we were making something with construction paper and there was a color I described as "honolulu blue" everyone around me looked at me like I was crazy and all I could say was "It's the name off the Detroit Lions shade of blue". Needless to say, I was still getting laughs for it.

Before the Super Bowl this year, my elder step-daughter asked my wife what color jerseys the teams would be wearing. My wife said, "I don't know; why don't you ask George." And my daughter says, "I don't want to have to hear what the Steelers were wearing in like 1965..."

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

When you see team colors in regular everyday things at stores, on the street, or on TV. When you go to games and look at every fan wearing a jersey thinking "replica" or "authentic?" When you watch sports movies and nitpick at all the mistakes made on uniform or stadium detail.

packchampionslfroh.png

How bout this: when your my partner-in-crime overseas has you with him whenever he'd be looking at jerseys and whatnot just so you could tell him if it was an actual authentic or not.

Also...when you notice stuff like what I posted in the Hornets thread I just opened up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

When you see team colors in regular everyday things at stores, on the street, or on TV. When you go to games and look at every fan wearing a jersey thinking "replica" or "authentic?" When you watch sports movies and nitpick at all the mistakes made on uniform or stadium detail.

I do all of these things. I cringe at the jerseys I see at Braves games.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

It has come in handy in pointing out that a local store is selling knockoff NHL merchandise because 1. The font in the Canadiens "100 SAISONS/SEASONS" logo on a T-shirt they sell is way off, and 2. There is no "Official Licensed Merchanside of the NHL" logo found anywhere on it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived