You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when...

raysox

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you can tell what level of little league teams are based on the logo they had on their jerseys(minor league team logos).

When you recognize the softball teams that are the rays have navy and light blue hats with green and black jerseys... and how they're 2 different sets...

6fQjS3M.png

.....you picked the color scheme for your Bar Mitzvah in 1983 because you thought the Michigan Panthers colors were pretty cool - then you wrote the team asking them for the exact names/shades of the colors so the party planner could get the right colored tablecloths, napkins and balloons, and the team sent you a bunch of SWAG because of it

... and because of that your office at home is done in Champagne and Burgundy, and you convince your wife that Champagne, Burgundy, and Hunter Green are great colors for your master bedroom.

I used to have a theory that the TV network which hosted the Super Bowl would have a good/bad year based solely on the quality of their graphics. it held true for a long time until recently when NBC actually had decent graphics one year and still had a terrible TV season. But in reality it doesn't look like CBS is losing their stranglehold on best network anytime soon. And that's a good thing. And I'm now convinced that Fox will never again have good graphics. I detest diagonal-angle graphics. Nothing ever looks centered on them because of the angles - especially when the home team is moved ovr a whole tab section. Looks so totally stupid.

But you also know you're a nerd when you start seeing that certain fonts or TV graphics are off by as little as 1 pixel, especially on a computer......ugh.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

A few more...

So the other day, a kid at my school was wearing a middle school basketball shirt, the Coachman Trail Blazers. Now I tell you, they used an NBA logo as their logo...

It was the Pistons horse logo, with Coachman where Pistons would be. They could've saved money, and time by choosing a certain Portland team as their logo. I laughed quietly to my self for like 5 minutes.

Also seeing a dress shirt-tie combo, and describing it as Longhorn Orange(It looked sweet.)

Buying Blue, and powder blue plaid pants to match my normal attire.

Knowing when the kid next to me in my math class is wearing SoD pants.

Calling my math teacher Maz(Full name Mazarakis), leads me to think of the Penguins.

Yesterday my friend told me our athletic director was looking at gettin Jordan jerseys for basketball. I asked him if they'd be like "those system of dress jerseys" (I tried to sound normal in the way that I decribed them). He had no idea what I was talking about. So this time I said, "I wonder if they're gonna be those super tight jerseys and baggy shorts;" he knew exactly what I was talking about now. haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when you either hear or see the word "Minnesota" and automatically think of the color purple.

(And sadly, that has nothing to do with the artist once known as O(+>...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This may be one sad but true fact about everyone here. Whenever you hear or see the words "Rocky Mountain College" you will immediately associate it with :huh: ..... spammy?

Oh, and another thing that makes me a sports logo/uniform nerd...when my baseball team played the "Yankees" and I noticed as soon as I arrived to play that they were not using the traditional NY logo, but the one with the outline around it.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when you frequent sites like this and Uniwatch and think that Paul Lukas is a hero.

You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when you frequent sites like this and Uniwatch and know enough to realize that Paul Lukas doesn't really know as much as he thinks, has pretty bizarre taste and isn't really the best representative of the uni-philes out there.

You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when you frequent sites like this and Uniwatch and think that Paul Lukas is a hero.

You know you're a sports logo/uniform nerd when you frequent sites like this and Uniwatch and know enough to realize that Paul Lukas doesn't really know as much as he thinks, has pretty bizarre taste and isn't really the best representative of the uni-philes out there.

Haha, completely agree about Lukas. Like today, in recapping the Oakland-Seattle throwback game, saying the "modern catcher gear" put a damper on an otherwise great throwback. Give me a break Paul, it's not 1939, it's 2009, and the teams did a pretty good job trying to honor the past.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

• 3 weeks later...

Although I think I have always known that I was a sports logo/uniform nerd it fully set in last night. I was watching Comcast Sport Net out of Chicago and they were interviewing Jay Cutler and I noticed that the Bears hat he was wearing backwards had the old NFL logo on it.

I was in Toronto the first weekend in May, and spur of the moment decided to go see the Jays-Orioles game. Apparently I didn't realize this, or just forgot, but every Friday is "Flashback Friday". I damn near crapped my pants when I realized they were going to be wearing their powder blues! My fiance just looked at me like I was nuts.

Archived