Dolphins New Uni's?

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend who works in the Product Management department for "Professional-League Relations" at Reebok, who works closely with new uniform unveilings (he keeps telling me how pissed they are about the Lions leak over there, since they are partially responsible for keeping things secret.)

He told me that the new Dolphins set will feature a never-before used (on sports jerseys anyway) technology on the numbers that will make them appear to "float" above the jerseys if fans are wearing 3d glasses. If you aren't wearing the glasses, they'll just look like a red-blue-purple mess. He told me that they haven't decided if this will be used on the replicas or be limited to the authentics. With the replicas, they're concerned because obviously people in public aren't going to be wearing the glasses.

The Dolphins will be providing the 3d glasses to their Club and Suite holders, but regular fans will have to pay $29.99 for a pair.

I'm pretty pumped at this news - I've long been advocating taking uniform design into the 3rd dimension. Hopefully they get this right - I'd love to see the Lions logo actually "leaping" off the helmet, or the Eagles wings appear to flap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nice, you're just a day late with that post...

close this thread, the changes are so minimal you don't even need to discuss them.

Not sure what you mean, means. CWx and ASM aren't the only ones around here with inside sources.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have a friend who works in the Product Management department for "Professional-League Relations" at Reebok, who works closely with new uniform unveilings (he keeps telling me how pissed they are about the Lions leak over there, since they are partially responsible for keeping things secret.)

He told me that the new Dolphins set will feature a never-before used (on sports jerseys anyway) technology on the numbers that will make them appear to "float" above the jerseys if fans are wearing 3d glasses. If you aren't wearing the glasses, they'll just look like a red-blue-purple mess. He told me that they haven't decided if this will be used on the replicas or be limited to the authentics. With the replicas, they're concerned because obviously people in public aren't going to be wearing the glasses.

The Dolphins will be providing the 3d glasses to their Club and Suite holders, but regular fans will have to pay $29.99 for a pair.

I'm pretty pumped at this news - I've long been advocating taking uniform design into the 3rd dimension. Hopefully they get this right - I'd love to see the Lions logo actually "leaping" off the helmet, or the Eagles wings appear to flap.

Late April Fools joke?

Late April Fools joke?

I assure you this is no joke. Unfortunatley, you'll have to wait until the draft to see them... not sure how the 3d will look on a TV. Hope you have hi-def.

So if your source is so pissed about the Lions leak, why would you leak the Dolphins news? Well, besides the obvious...

OK...ASM just corrected me on one other new aspect...

One other "thing" is coming back...

Grey facemasks and striped socks???

:D:D

Unfortunately, no, Denis, but you're right, those are GREAT ideas! Glad to see you're finally getting into some proper design ideas. Welcome to the side of the good guys!! :D

So if your source is so pissed about the Lions leak, why would you leak the Dolphins news? Well, besides the obvious...

Well he just told me this info, he didn't actually give me any graphics that I could leak. I don't think they really care about descriptions or rumors, just "official" documents winding up in the wrong hands.

add this to the uniform/helmet and you have a winner....

MiamiDolphinsLogo.gif

by far my favorite dolphins logo and, might i add, very poorly under used.

Shouldn't that Dolphin be wearing a helmet with a Dolphins logo on it...who in turn would be wearing a smaller helmet with the Dolphins logo too? :blink:

I don't know about 3D glasses, but the Lions should sell rose-colored glasses so they can remember the good things from last season.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

here's the exact passage from Lukas's column...

...It’s one of several NFL uni updates that will be officially unveiled during the draft (others, which I can’t show you, include the Jags, Dolphins, and Niners; the Lions have already leaked)...

As has been mentioned elsewhere, there would be no need for an unveiling if it was just a small tweak...this will be something significant.

In addition to whatever the change is, my guess for the "thing" that is coming back is striped socks.

...It’s one of several NFL uni updates that will be officially unveiled during the draft (others, which I can’t show you, include the Jags, Dolphins, and Niners; the Lions have already leaked)...

As has been mentioned elsewhere, there would be no need for an unveiling if it was just a small tweak...this will be something significant.

In addition to whatever the change is, my guess for the "thing" that is coming back is striped socks.

It is not a significant change, I promise. He just meant the they will be wearing the new uniforms at the draft.

...It?s one of several NFL uni updates that will be officially unveiled during the draft (others, which I can?t show you, include the Jags, Dolphins, and Niners; the Lions have already leaked)...

It is not a significant change, I promise. He just meant the they will be wearing the new uniforms at the draft.

yeah, but they only wear jerseys at the draft...what if the change is to the pants, socks or helmets?

...It?s one of several NFL uni updates that will be officially unveiled during the draft (others, which I can?t show you, include the Jags, Dolphins, and Niners; the Lions have already leaked)...

yeah, but they only wear jerseys at the draft...what if the change is to the pants, socks or helmets?

AsM2931 is not guessing... he's telling you.

The "thing" is almost assuredly the orange jersey.

Archived