Marquette Golden Eagles

ltj009

I saw this randomly on Eastbay. I looked on the Marquette Online Store and there are some items with this logo too. I've just never seen it before, and was wondering how old it is. Sorry if this is old news.

14290291_z.jpg

18738-2T.jpg

IMO, I wouldn't mind if they used this logo a little more.

ltj009.png

I was at Marquette yesterday on a college visit and saw that logo on a lot of merchandise. It was the first time I had seen either. I like it, though, a lot better than the old eagle.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It looks nice. I like it. However, it looks kinda incomplete, like there should be a body/wings to go with it.

I miss the old flying eagle. I had it on a hat and it was my favorite hat until it got too worn out. And, of course, its not for sale any more. Ugh.

It's a pretty cool logo as a secondary, but I don't think it will ever be the primary. I think one of the reasons they made the "MU" the official one is because of all the nickname controversies. Students, faculty, alumni, and fans can identify with the legacy of Marquette. I know that people around here were upset when the Warriors moniker was dropped, even me as a young lad in grade school. More people just call the teams Marquette or MU and not Golden Eagles.

Back when they had the "second name change," the school wasn't prepared for the wave of public opinion that happened, immediately killed any speculation of a change back to Warriors, and ridiculously summoned the power of Gold. The outcry was so bad that Golden Eagles looked pretty solid compared to it.

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived