CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Didn't the steelers do something similar for one of their super bowl rings with the stars? I always found that strange for them.

The "stars" on the Steelers ring are astroids, which mimic their logo.

Hypocycloids

A hypocycloid with four cusps is called an astroid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroid

Didn't the steelers do something similar for one of their super bowl rings with the stars? I always found that strange for them.

The "stars" on the Steelers ring are astroids, which mimic their logo.

Hypocycloids

A hypocycloid with four cusps is called an astroid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroid

Cool. Learned something new today. Thanks.

I know ring companies reuse designs for colleges and high school, but make sure the design makes sense. Here's a ring from a division 3 football team. Why oh why would you copy the Patriots ring with the Lombardi trophy??

0BDE7C3E-70AE-4159-9964-D4CA2C2EAA33_zps

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

New Photoshopped Super Bowl XLIX Ring Debuts on Twitter

patsfa14.jpg

What do you think of this design?

The championship ring's a stunner, obviously modified from a front office 2004 Super Bowl ring.

It's highly doubtful this or a similar version will be presented to team players and coaches. The reason is that this championship ring would be substantially smaller in size than New England's last winning ring - the 2004 Super Bowl ring.

The 2004 Super Bowl ring was gigantic, weighing in a little over 100 grams, in 14K white solid gold. Some front office employees received a non gold version (same color as the player's rings) with imitation diamonds that looked very similar to the ring shown above. Obviously, that championship ring had three large imitation diamonds and Lombardi trophies, not four as shown above.

Perhaps, if the Patriots decide to offer a smaller front office ring again this year, the super bowl ring shown above could be very similar to what is ultimately presented to front office employees.

Here are some Yankee vintage rings:

(Click picture below to see larger picture)

Anyone want to talk about the design of New York Yankee Vintage Rings?

yanksv9.jpg

The American League championship rings are easy to distinguish - they have the top-hat designs.

The earlier rings were made by Dieges & Clust and then Balfour took over and made the rest.

Shown above (starting with the bottom row and left to right) are World Series winning rings: 1927, 1938, 1939, 1949, 1952, 1953 (the "5"). Above those rings are the 1957 AL Championship ring, 1958 World Series winning ring, and the 1964 AL championship ring.

The Championship Rings From Super Bowl XIII

Here are the two rings from Super Bowl XIII:

sb13c.jpg

While we have been discussing the design of the Steelers ring, here is some information abou thte Cowboys ring:

The Cowboys NFC ring was designed as a tribute to the Texas official state flower – the Bluebonnet.

Because many collectors believe this is one of the ugliest conference championship rings, they tend to go for less money than other AFC and NFC championship rings. The Cowboys 1978 NFC ring was made by Jostens, in 10K yellow gold and weighs 35-36 grams.

I recently saw this ESPN Magazine cover.

Any opinions on the design of these Boston-themed Championship ring knockoffs?

In my opinion, ESPN blew it! They could have made a historic magazine cover, showing authentic amazing championship rings, but instead photographed 4 incredibly cheap and inaccurate knockoffs championship rings.

Do you think ESPN should have done a better job or am I being too harsh?

Your thoughts?

PS - The pats ring looks like the AFC championship ring from Super Bowl XLII but yet somehow says 2004 World Champions!

espn14b.jpg

Are the replica rings considered counterfeit or something else entirely since they are not made publicly available? I head to the land of the counterfeits next week and am looking to see what I can find

I am not a lawyer, but I can't imagine the NFL and the ring companies are pleased with the copies all over the market place. The NFL logos of the teams are copy-written and unless a replica ring is licensed or given out by the team, these rings and the selling of them can not possibly be legal.

Most of these cheap replicas are made in China. When you say they are not publicly available, please note that most are easily found on ebay.

How the NFL and ring companies allow this is a mystery to me.

The Championship Rings From Super Bowl XIV

Anyone want to comment about or talk about the design of these rings?

In researching my latest blog story, I realized that compared to other NFC / AFC rings, the Rams ring was pretty bland compared to the other runner up rings designed before and around this time period.

The Steelers ring design from Super Bowl XIV, was nothing to write home about either, despite their amazing accomplishment of 4 titles in 6 seasons.

sb14c.jpg

In researching my latest blog story, here are ring designs of Pro Athletes who have won at least one championship ring in at least two different sports.

This shows how ring design differed during a specific time period in different sports.

Please comment on the ring designs, or feel free to add other pro athletes who have won pro championship rings (not college or minor league stuff).

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

sanders44b.jpg

We all remember Deon Sanders as a great Cornerback in the NFL. He was better than Derrelle Revis and Richard Sherman.

He also had great moments on the baseball field too. During the 1989 season, he hit a major league home run and scored a touchdown in the NFL in the same week, the only player ever to do so. Sanders is also the only man to play in both a Super Bowl and a World Series.

Shown above are his World Series losing rings – called National League Championship rings, and his two Super Bowl rings – one with the San Francisco Forty Niners and one with the Dallas Cowboys.

Sanders was a two time NFC defensive Player of the year (1993 and 1994) and an 8 time probowl player. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of fame and the College Football Hall of fame in 2011.

Gene Conley won championships with the Milwaukee Braves and Boston Celtics. Here are the championship rings Conley, a four time baseball all-star, won:

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

conley22.jpg

Conley also played basketball for the Boston Celtics and won three championship rings with them. As you can see from the photo above, like the New York Yankees, the Celtics did not change the design of their championship rings during this time period.

The Championship Rings From Super Bowl XIV

In researching my latest blog story, I realized that compared to other NFC / AFC rings, the Rams ring was pretty bland compared to the other runner up rings designed before and around this time period.

The Steelers ring design from Super Bowl XIV, was nothing to write home about either, despite their amazing accomplishment of 4 titles in 6 seasons.

sb14c.jpg

I've read in various places that the Steelers ring from 1979 was designed primarily by the Rooney family, with little to no input provided by the players. The reason was that the previous year's rings were seen as "knuckle busters" by the family, particularly by Art, who had hands like hams but with short finger joints. The '79 ring would wind up being the only one Art could wear every day, the others either being too large, too heavy, or digging into an adjacent finger.

nav-logo.png

SF Giants World Series rings are handed out on April 18th, rings made by Tiffany.

Next two months should be busy with all the college championship rings coming out too.

All capped by Pats SB ring in June, hoping to be the mother of all championship rings.

Mets New Championship Rings Awarded

No, it's not an April fools joke.

The championship ring drought came to an end this week; at least at the minor league level.
bmets14d.jpg

The Binghamton Mets received their 2014 Eastern League Championship rings during a ceremony at the Mets Spring Training complex in Port St. Lucie, FL on Tuesday morning.

It was the Binghamton Mets first Eastern League title in more than 20 years.

I have seen Yankee minor league championship rings with very similar designs.

Any thoughts or comments about the design of this minor league ring?