NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

In one of the most one-sided officiated games Ive ever seen, the Flyers win Game 3 6-3 to get the series back to 2-1. Call it sour grapes, I dont care, that was so biased it makes me sick to my stomach. I have lost ALOT of respect for Malkin watching that display of whining. I dont see how the Flyers can win 3 more games if this keeps up.

Son, if you're going to be the second coming of the Broad Street Bullies, you can't anticipate getting a lot of calls.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I better get off the cold meds if I want to accompany at least one Blues playoff game with booze before the end, then.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

St Louis tried every trick in the book tonight, and still couldn't beat the Canucks. How many 5-on-3's do you guys need, really?

I'd have to think that if you want to have any chance of winning, you'd better get those "special teams" that brought you this far back on track, otherwise your beloved Blues will be frequenting Missouri's lovely golf courses by Tuesday.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm going on record and guaranteeing the Blues pull-off the four game comeback over Vancouver.

We already know you're a homer, so you don't need to keep making these statements.

Is there really a problem with me saying something as simple as that? Give me a break. There's times to call out homerism, and there's times to let it slide.

I wanted to make the statement and I did.

In one of the most one-sided officiated games Ive ever seen, the Flyers win Game 3 6-3 to get the series back to 2-1. Call it sour grapes, I dont care, that was so biased it makes me sick to my stomach. I have lost ALOT of respect for Malkin watching that display of whining. I dont see how the Flyers can win 3 more games if this keeps up.

Son, if you're going to be the second coming of the Broad Street Bullies, you can't anticipate getting a lot of calls.

Yes those big bruisers like Briere, Giroux, and Jared Ross lol.

And when they let them play, this has been a very even, entertaining series. Hopefully it can go back to being that.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I'm going on record and guaranteeing the Blues pull-off the four game comeback over Vancouver.

We already know you're a homer, so you don't need to keep making these statements.

Is there really a problem with me saying something as simple as that? Give me a break. There's times to call out homerism, and there's times to let it slide.

IIRC, there has never been a four game comeback in an NHL playoff series. And looking at the Blues, they aren't going to to break the trend. So I think this was a good time to call out your homerism.

Not that it's impossible but do you really think Roberto Luongo is gonna lose 4 straight games with the way he's been playing?

St Louis tried every trick in the book tonight, and still couldn't beat the Canucks. How many 5-on-3's do you guys need, really?

I'd have to think that if you want to have any chance of winning, you'd better get those "special teams" that brought you this far back on track, otherwise your beloved Blues will be frequenting Missouri's lovely golf courses by Tuesday.

No doubt. The special teams have been pitiful.

It bums me out to no end that the game winning goal came on a BS power play. How are you gonna call a single penalty in that scrum when the roughing "offender" winds up on his behind?

But all complaining becomes moot when the Blues play as horribly as they did.

But that's really the basis for my belief. The Blues have another gear in them.

The Canucks have yet to see the team (this series) that earned the Blues their playoff spot. And as sad as it is that would take a back against the wall game to find it, I really think the Blues will get there now. Maybe that's the inexperience showing.

But if they can't find that level of play on tuesday, then they don't really deserve to be there. I believe they'll find it. And if they can, there's no reason to believe they can't win four.

Not that it's impossible but do you really think Roberto Luongo is gonna lose 4 straight games with the way he's been playing?

Justin is an uabashed St Louis fan in all respects, and that's fine, he's allowed. He's just young and misguided, and is posting his hopes and dreams on a message board.

The Blues put on a hell of a display tonight, to their credit, but once the second period started, Vancouver took it back to them, got the crowd out of the game, and dominated.

I hesitate to call a sweep, because St Louis can still come back and win game 4, but I think that miracle in the second half of the season took a lot out of the Blues, and they just don't have enough gas in the tank.

fake edit- Andy Murray should really try to decline any Vancouver penalties from hereon in. The power play just isn't working.

fake edit #2- Mason is about 40 tattoos away from looking like Kerry King from Slayer. That is seriously the bitchinest facial hair in NHL history.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

IIRC, there has never been a four game comeback in an NHL playoff series. And looking at the Blues, they aren't going to to break the trend. So I think this was a good time to call out your homerism.

Is it possible for a team to win four games in a row?

Yep.

So I'm gonna stand by the statement. I'll make it again if you want.

Jeeze, man. I'm sitting here on the brink, but not willing to give up. As a sports fan, you should have learned the lesson by now that you should never give up because anything can happen.

I've been called out legitimately so for things in the past, but I shouldn't have to defend myself for making an non-offensive declaration of confidence in my team. That's what it's all about buddy.

Yep.

Jeeze, man. I'm sitting here on the brink, but not willing to give up. As a sports fan, you should have learned the lesson by now that you should never give up because anything can happen.

I've been called out legitimately so for things in the past, but I shouldn't have to defend myself for making an non-offensive declaration of confidence in my team. That's what it's all about buddy.

I'm no lawyer, but...

Standing by a guarantee usually involves the guarantor making some kind of retribution to the guaranteed if the good or service that carries the guarantee happens to fail.

What does it cost you to make (and "stand by") guarantees? Will we see the "St. Louis Sucks" sig? Will we see the self-imposed two-week suspension?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There have been two-Toronto over Detroit in the 1942 Stanley Cup finals and Islanders over Pittsburgh in the '75 Playoffs.

Implausible but possible.

EDIT-Patsox, please don't mention 2004.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yep.

There had never been a four game comeback in a MLB Playoff series before 2004. Anything is possible.

Yep.

I'm no lawyer, but...

Standing by a guarantee usually involves the guarantor making some kind of retribution to the guaranteed if the good or service that carries the guarantee happens to fail.

What does it cost you to make (and "stand by") guarantees? Will we see the "St. Louis Sucks" sig? Will we see the self-imposed two-week suspension?

I'm seriously up for suggestions.

I'm not gonna leave the board. And I won't put St. Louis sucks, persay, but I'd be willing to put my signature space into it. Or something else. I dunno. It's a statement on a message board by someone that's not a player... but I don't intend for it to be hollow.

Yep.

I'm no lawyer, but...

I'm seriously up for suggestions.

I'm not gonna leave the board. And I won't put St. Louis sucks, persay, but I'd be willing to put my signature space into it. Or something else. I dunno. It's a statement on a message board by someone that's not a player... but I don't intend for it to be hollow.

Tell you what.

Vancouver wins the series, you put a sig image, designed by me, in your sig space until the Canucks are out of the playoffs. St Louis comes back, I do the same with a sig you've designed.

It will be moderately tasteful.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived