NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

It can go one of two ways, but i don't see the Devils quitting. I see them being upset, and a little demoralized, but almost gaining something from this. A view of "It's us v.s. the world". Having the refs constantly job the Devils may help energize this team and give them an "FTW" playing attitude.

As for the 'Canes, they got a gift. What they do with it is up to them.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the pens, im hoping for them to be able to contain the Flyers tonight by getting an early lead, and staying ahead by piling on the goals and the pressure, and make sure the defense is very solid. Dont get into penalty trouble or let them suck you into their thuggish style of play.

Get the early lead. Keep the fans out of it. Keep out of the penalty box. Possession. Possession. Possession.

Get the win here, and finish 'em off at home.

I've never seen a team be effected by another team's crowd like the Pens were shook by the Flyers fans on Sunday.

The Pens have let the crowd into their heads. Let's see if that changes tonight.

Looks like it did. The Wachovia Center was pretty quiet for a while.

Pens did exactly what they needed to do. Great job by them.

We have 'em by the throat, now lets give 'em the dagger Thursday.

oBIgzrL.png

Un:censored:ingbelievable... that Devils loss was the worst piece of officiating I've seen...a non-call with two seconds to go. What a heartbreaker! The Devils come back from a three goal deficit and all for what? For the :censored:ing refs to blow the game within a nanosecond of overtime. This is BS.

That was bad. To run over Marty, and give no call. The ref made a poor judgement there. But the Devils always get shafted by the stripes. Have been since the old days.

Yeah, yeah, the Devils, the Flyers, the Pens... and the twenty-seven other teams.

The Devils had the fewest power plays this season. 30th out of 30. Philly was 29th

Numbers don't lie, Mr. Mockba.

EDIT: Actually had wrong numbers, what i had was stats only up until February In total, the Devils ended up 15th overall in PP opportunities this season. Still looking for past seasons.

sB9ijEj.png

So did the goalies just not bother to show up in Anaheim tonight?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Blue Jackets suck. At least the playoff Blue Jackets suck. They're playing a very good Detroit team (the best team in the playoffs in my opinion), but they aren't playing their game that worked against Detroit in the regular season and got them to the playoffs. Steve Mason hasn't played well, but that doesn't even matter because the team has scored just two goals in 3 games on the other side of the ice. Chris Osgood seems to have channeled Jaques Plante and on top of that the bounces have just seemed to go in Detroit's favor and against Columbus. It is frustrating and hopefully they can pull out one more victory on thursday so I can remember what it's like to watch one of my teams win a playoff game (goes back to 1995 and the Reds sweep of the Dodgers in the NLDS for me). I won't give up until they've officially lost their fourth game, but the Blue Jackets could not have picked a worse first round opponent.

PvO6ZWJ.png

sorry Kinger, but i had to laugh at Broduer flipping out on the refs. someone shouldve warned Marty, its the playoffs. the goalies are going to get run theres no way around it. if he had seen the officiating in the Caps/Rangers game where they were running Varlamov left and right, he would count himself as lucky.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

First ones out. Ouch. Close games for the most part, but 2-1 3-0 3-2 3-2(ot) still means sweep. :(

This was ahead of schedule, though, right?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And so a cold, Versus, and FSN Indiana collectively conspired and thwarted my wish to accompany a Blues playoff game on TV with alcohol. Damnit. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Most analysts on Sirius, on the radio i get up here in PA, and even Scott Ferrall think the Devils got jobbed.

I'll go with the Devils got jobbed.

sB9ijEj.png

Well. Yep.

Do what you will Lee.

Still proud of 'em.

Of course, the Blues should have won this game, as a goal was very clearly taken from them. No complaints though, it's over now.

Yes they should have. 0/3 on the PP in OT, including a double minor. After Kesler got the double minor, I thought the Blues were going to score but they couldn't really get much going. Special teams were definitely the difference in the series along with Luongo.

8prlQWA.png

It's half-assed beyond belief, mainly because I didn't think the Canucks would win tonight, but here you go.

allcanucks.png

It stays until the Canucks are out of the playoffs. Enjoy.

p.s. Yes, the jersey is a picture of a cake. Don't judge me.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well. Yep.

Do what you will Lee.

Still proud of 'em.

Of course, the Blues should have won this game, as a goal was very clearly taken from them. No complaints though, it's over now.

Yes they should have. 0/3 on the PP in OT, including a double minor. After Kesler got the double minor, I thought the Blues were going to score but they couldn't really get much going. Special teams were definitely the difference in the series along with Luongo.

Yep. But I think less specifically than that, it was experience that did the Blues in.

I mean, the Canucks had very average special teams coming into the series. The Blues had a great PK and a good PP.

What changed? The Canucks had the playoff intensity from the get go, and even after our young guys found the intensity, they still weren't quite playing the same as we had seen before. You could tell they felt the pressure.

And it's even moderately tasteful.

Jigga, if you're reading this, which you probably aren't since it's a hockey thread, fatherhood has mellowed me out to an extent.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived