NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Caps down 3-1 as a high seed for the 2nd year in a row

Looks like we have the Sharks of the East now.

But if this keeping going on for another two or three years, it's going to look like Ovechkin can't win the big one.

I'm not totally surprised, the Capitals haven't had that killer instinct since mid January.

I'd really like them to comeback down 3-1 though.

Caps down 3-1 as a high seed for the 2nd year in a row

Looks like we have the Sharks of the East now.

But if this keeping going on for another two or three years, it's going to look like Ovechkin can't win the big one.

I would not go that far ... they are still a very young team.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Huge win tonight, Chicago has awoken the beast that is Iginla also huge night by Nystrom and Olli tonight boom we're back!

Great game, great series so far, both crouds are incredible.

I'm fine with the home team winning every game, though. :P

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Huge win tonight, Chicago has awoken the beast that is Iginla also huge night by Nystrom and Olli tonight boom we're back!

We don't want that hahaha I just don't want to score the first goal it seems like the team that scores first loses and I'm applauding the Hawks they are bringing it.. this is by far the most entertaining series outside of NJ-Canes.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

We don't want that hahaha I just don't want to score the first goal it seems like the team that scores first loses and I'm applauding the Hawks they are bringing it.. this is by far the most entertaining series outside of NJ-Canes.

Yeah, its pretty much the only entertaining series besides NJ-Carolina.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I think that the Hawks should start out the game Saturday with an empty net just to make sure they don't score first.

This has been a great series. The thing that I'm most angry at is all the Blackhawks fans that proclaimed the game (and some even the series) over last night when they were down three. And these were not the people that just became fans in the last two weeks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

b20f41484ba98b5b7ad1bf67462d.jpeg

That pretty much sums it up right there. Habs fans can be brutal, and I don't think Price deserves the sendoff they gave him. He wasn't the only problem they had this playoffs, and is hardly at fault. When you lose your top 2 defensemen, and can't put the puck in the net, it's going to be a tough hill to climb for any team, especially against Boston.

I expect HUGE changes to the Habs next year with the amount of UFA and RFAs they have on their roster.

That pretty much sums it up right there. Habs fans can be brutal, and I don't think Price deserves the sendoff they gave him. He wasn't the only problem they had this playoffs, and is hardly at fault. When you lose your top 2 defensemen, and can't put the puck in the net, it's going to be a tough hill to climb for any team, especially against Boston.

I expect HUGE changes to the Habs next year with the amount of UFA and RFAs they have on their roster.

I'm a Habs fan, and I second that.

Price is a good goalie and I do believe he has the potential the be even bigger in the future. He just isn't there yet. He can be very good, but he's not excellent, and that's allright. Not everybody can do like Steve Mason.

Also, not only did we lose our top 2 Ds, we also lost our top scorer and another first liner. I'm just happy the Habs made the playoffs, it would of sucked alot of ass if they missed the playoffs on their 100th.

I'm a Habs fan, and I second that.

Price is a good goalie and I do believe he has the potential the be even bigger in the future. He just isn't there yet. He can be very good, but he's not excellent, and that's allright. Not everybody can do like Steve Mason.

Also, not only did we lose our top 2 Ds, we also lost our top scorer and another first liner. I'm just happy the Habs made the playoffs, it would of sucked alot of ass if they missed the playoffs on their 100th.

This 100 year thing got stale after the first game of the season, and I mean really stale. They aren't the first pro sports franchise to be around for a 100 years, not even close actually, and they certainly won't be the last. So cool, celebrate a bit, but seriously.. no big deal.

While I'm here, is Mike Komisarek an absolute idiot or is it just me? How many times are you going to get the horns before you stop attacking the bull. Proper send off to his season, Lucic laughing in his face as he's kicked off the ice.

As for Carey Price, I have to admit, I like the kid. He'll be just fine, in some place other than Montreal. He needs to mature a bit between the pipes but I don't think a hockey mad city like Montreal is the place to hone your skills. You have to be great right away, and unfortunately for him, he needs a little more seasoning.

Habs fans are insanely thick. That treatment of Price was inexcusable.

Their fans think Vinny Lecavalier (or some other "Francophone superstar") wants to go up there and deal with that nonsense? Ha.

Habs fans are insanely thick. That treatment of Price was inexcusable.

Their fans think Vinny Lecavalier (or some other "Francophone superstar") wants to go up there and deal with that nonsense? Ha.

Some Habs fans are FANTASTIC people, and know how to have fun. Most, unfortunately, have no capability to poke fun at themselves or take a joke. It is very black and white with most Habs fans, hell, the famous Richard Riot was the result of a bunch of idiots thinking that the NHL was anti-Quebecois and could not see that the correct call was made in response to Mr. Richard's actions. You know you have a problem when some jackass from somewhere in Quebec tries to pick a fight with you at a New Jersey Devils game because you are wearing a Leafs jersey and the Habs lost 4-1. Seriously, people need to relax.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

For anyone that cares the finalists for the Norris Trophy have been announced

Nicklas Lidstrom, Mike Green and Zdeno Chara..... I'm going to have to give this one to Chara in my books.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Let's recap: In four games, Avery has punched John Erskine in the face. He has punched Simeon Varlamov in the face. He has punched Jurcina in the face. And he's whacked Pothier in the face with his stick. And he stuck his stick at Ovechkins throat to send a message. suspension? anyone? anyone? Bettman?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived