NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can not believe how bad the Sharks have played

How can't you?

They do this every year, what surprises me the most is that people still are shocked by it.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

How can't you?

They do this every year, what surprises me the most is that people still are shocked by it.

I, for one, am in total shock that San Jose is getting their ass handed to them in the first round.

....Usually the Sharks don't "get their choke on" until at least Round 2. :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

Game 4 was really the first bad game the Sharks have played. Game 1 was a 1-0 game with two minutes to go, and Game 2 was a one-goal game.

Doesn't hurt Anaheim that they're essentially the same team that won the Cup two years ago.

As much as i'd love to see the Ducks win, I still believe the Sharks can get this to 7.

Oh and the Finalists for the Lady Byng have been announced, Pavel Datsyuk will be going for his forth straight Lady Byng is contenders are Martin St Louis and Zach Parise.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Maybe the you can believe how well the Ducks have played?

Maybe? Possibly?

Hiller has played great in his playoff debut. 2 shutouts in the first 4 games. Calm, collected, cool. He has an unorthodox and sometimes sketchy style to him, but hey so did Dominik Hasek. Not saying he will have a Hasek-type career, but he has played well. (And personally I hope Jiggy has a huge rebound year next year and takes back the job. Or if Hiller falters, he takes it back.. but anyways)

Penalty kill has been outstanding. The refs haven't been too kind (fairly or unfairly), but we finally got on the better end of the calls.

Bobby Ryan is just flat out amazing. 4 goals in the series and 2 last night.

The Perry, Getzlaf, and Ryan line has been just dominant. They control the puck down low and the Sharks haven't been able to get it away.

Match-up wise, the Sharks look confused.

Last night after the Ducks 2nd goal, the Sharks hesistated on just about eveything they did. The Sharks have look extremely confused this series. I don't know if that is solely on the players, or if McClennan is being outcoached by Carlyle.

The Sharks might put everything into a last gasp in San Jose and bring it back to Anaheim, but I don't think they'd be able to bring it back up there for a 7th game.

oh... and while I'm here

ChokeShark.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

ChokeShark.jpg

Clever <_<

This series isn't a terrible surprise to me. Anaheim is a very dangerous playoff team with a tremendous blue line. The Sharks caught them at the wrong time, they were playing hot well before the playoffs even started. I wouldn't say San Jose choked, it was more like Anaheim is just a better built playoff team.

Thank goodness you're not a Sharks fan. The last thing we need around here is a biannual "Tank Watch".

More like semi-annual?

Eeeeexactly! ;)

My money is now on San Jose winning the next two games, therefore going the limit with Anaheim, only to get blown out of the water in Game 7. Something tells me they're not done pissing off their own fans.

6uXNWAo.png

Caps force Game 6 in an utterly dominating performance on both ends of the rink. Varly threw his 2nd playoff shutout stopping 19 shots, Matt Bradley ignites the effort with a shorthanded goal, as mentioned above, an absolute gem of a goal by Ovechkin. they have to continue this, they CANNOT lapse in Game 6.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Media in New York will be saying ''What if Sean Avery was Playing?''

and the answer would be "just like in game 3, he'd get thrown out for doing something stupid"

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Tortorella dropped the ball by benching Avery. As a result, the Rangers would have been better off not riding on I-95, and instead save gas money.

i dont understand your logic: Avery tried his damnest to give us the game in Game 4. we couldnt execute on the PP but Avery is clearly a detriment to the Rangers. how many goals does he have in the series again vs PIMs? please explain.

Archived