NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

As noted, unfortunately a handful of idiots in St. Louis booed (or something, the actual noise has been up for debate) during the Canadian anthem.

Most cities have those idiots, and at playoff time, passion can make them stupider, I guess.

It's unfortunate that in order to be classy, you stay quiet during an anthem and leave the stage set for the idiots to get their attention.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they were booing the singing. That was awful.

(Yes, I know they weren't. They're idiots for booing. There, I've just condemned my team's fanbase. Happy?)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Maybe they were booing the singing. That was awful.

(Yes, I know they weren't. They're idiots for booing. There, I've just condemned my team's fanbase. Happy?)

Why do people keep saying that?

I guess it must be true.

But that's Charles "Boomer" Glenn, and he's been singing the Anthem in St. Louis for years. He's lost a note (if you will), but I still think he's pretty good. Maybe it's just the tradition of having him do most games that I love, I dunno.

He also sings "When the Blues come marching in" before a lot of the games.

I love Boomer, as do most Blues fans, Even if he's not as great as he used to be.

I think we can all agree our respective favorite teams all have idiots within the fanbase. You don't have to pass a test to be a sports fan, unfortunately.

(Except in Western PA, where you have be able to name the starting defensive line of the '76 Steelers to pass fifth grade.)

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

We don't boo anthems in Calgary we say profanity hahaha anyone here the Bull**** chant late in the third period.

Anyways some predictions for tonight.

Philadelphia 4 Pittsburgh 3 Final OT

Another physical battle and the Flyers have the home crowd on there side and the Pens will fall in OT.

Columbus 2 Detroit 1

Columbus needs to bring the boom tonight and needs to get in the face of Osgood also the first ever playoff game to be played at the Nationwide Center is enough motivation for the Jackets.

New Jersey 4 Carolina 2

If Carolina wanted this series they would have won game 3 in OT and Marty will just out duel Cam Ward.

St Louis 5 Vancouver 4

The Brooms will be put away it's very hard to sweep a team in this new NHL era, the Powerplay finally clicks to get the game winner.

San Jose 3 Anaheim 1

Same as the Blues the Sharks need their PP to get going and it will happen tonight.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

But that's Charles "Boomer" Glenn, and he's been singing the Anthem in St. Louis for years. He's lost a note (if you will),

He sings like old people drive while looking for an address, all over the :censored:ing place.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

For the pens, im hoping for them to be able to contain the Flyers tonight by getting an early lead, and staying ahead by piling on the goals and the pressure, and make sure the defense is very solid. Dont get into penalty trouble or let them suck you into their thuggish style of play.

Get the early lead. Keep the fans out of it. Keep out of the penalty box. Possession. Possession. Possession.

Get the win here, and finish 'em off at home.

oBIgzrL.png

St Louis 5 Vancouver 4

The Brooms will be put away it's very hard to sweep a team in this new NHL era, the Powerplay finally clicks to get the game winner.

You have more confidence in the Blues than Andy Murray does it seems. I also can't see Luongo letting in 5 goals the way he's been playing lately and how he finished the season. Of course you already know about Luongo's 46 save performance vs Calgary. If St. Louis manages to win they'll net 3 goals.

8prlQWA.png

For the pens, im hoping for them to be able to contain the Flyers tonight by getting an early lead, and staying ahead by piling on the goals and the pressure, and make sure the defense is very solid. Dont get into penalty trouble or let them suck you into their thuggish style of play.

Get the early lead. Keep the fans out of it. Keep out of the penalty box. Possession. Possession. Possession.

Get the win here, and finish 'em off at home.

I've never seen a team be effected by another team's crowd like the Pens were shook by the Flyers fans on Sunday.

The Pens have let the crowd into their heads. Let's see if that changes tonight.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

St Louis 5 Vancouver 4

You have more confidence in the Blues than Andy Murray does it seems. I also can't see Luongo letting in 5 goals the way he's been playing lately and how he finished the season. Of course you already know about Luongo's 46 save performance vs Calgary. If St. Louis manages to win they'll net 3 goals.

What's that mean?

The interview they showed with Murray on Sportsnet yesterday I believe it was, made it seem like he wasn't impressed with their overall game, especially the power play/special teams, and he sounded even more down then his usual tone of voice.

Nice goal by Wellwood.

8prlQWA.png

St Louis 5 Vancouver 4

What's that mean?

Well with all the line juggling he's been doing he doesn't seem to has much faith that his team. BTW Huge dive on Mike Weaver in the first, can't believe that wasn't called.

St Louis 5 Vancouver 4

What's that mean?

Well with all the line juggling he's been doing he doesn't seem to has much faith that his team. BTW Huge dive on Mike Weaver in the first, can't believe that wasn't called.

Luongo earned his SAG card. Let's see if Vigneault mentions that in the post-game.

Un:censored:ingbelievable... that Devils loss was the worst piece of officiating I've seen...a non-call with two seconds to go. What a heartbreaker! The Devils come back from a three goal deficit and all for what? For the :censored:ing refs to blow the game within a nanosecond of overtime. This is BS.

Un:censored:ingbelievable... that Devils loss was the worst piece of officiating I've seen...a non-call with two seconds to go. What a heartbreaker! The Devils come back from a three goal deficit and all for what? For the :censored:ing refs to blow the game within a nanosecond of overtime. This is BS.

That was bad. To run over Marty, and give no call. The ref made a poor judgement there. But the Devils always get shafted by the stripes. Have been since the old days.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That was bad. To run over Marty, and give no call. The ref made a poor judgement there. But the Devils always get shafted by the stripes. Have been since the old days.

The worst part is what to expect for the rest of the series...will the Devils come onto the ice Thursday flying because they're pi*ssed or will the Canes gain momentum? I have a feeling this series is the Canes to lose now. :cry:

Yeah, yeah, the Devils, the Flyers, the Pens... and the twenty-seven other teams.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived