John Madden retiring

Waffles

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard on Dan Patrick's show that John Madden will be announcing his retirement today, according to Patrick and Madden's employer, NBC.

It's not going to be the same NFL next season...

At least he didn't collapse and die in the broadcast booth like Harry Kalas did.

philly.png

Just heard on Dan Patrick's show that John Madden will be announcing his retirement today, according to Patrick and Madden's employer, NBC.

It's not going to be the same NFL next season...

You listen to Dan Patrick?

I used to like you. :(

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The best commentating team is officially broken up, I wonder who Al will have beside him now and it better not be Cris Collinsworth.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well seeing as Brett Favre is finally gone, he's got no reason to continue.

EXXXACTLY.

With that said, I'll kind of miss Madden, just because he's been calling football games as long as I've been alive. Oh well. All things must pass. Hope he enjoys retirement!

I just saw an interview on MSNBC with Dick Ebersol... he said that Cris Collinsworth will replace Madden in the booth and that John Madden will make a 3 week trip to Canton in the Maddencruiser for the Hall of Fame festivities. Really disappointed with Ebersol's pick on who to replace Madden... heck I would take anyone over Collinsworth.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The best commentating team is officially broken up, I wonder who Al will have beside him now and it better not be Cris Collinsworth.

NBC has already announced that its going to be Collinsworth

That's disappointing.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

NBC has already announced that its going to be Collinsworth

LAMMMMME.

But who else were they gonna pick? It's been pretty obvious that he'd be the one to succeed Madden.

why all the hate on collinsworth? i think he's one of the smartest analysts out there. he actually WATCHES tape and knows a lot more about each team and player compared to the cast majority of analysts.

i love this choice.

Archived