Blue Jays Canada Day jersey revealed

friarcanuck

I remember when they first started it. It was around the time when they started the interleague play and it was the Blue Jays against the Expos during the Canada Day weekend. Why didn't the Expos ever participate with this?

First time was in 1996 -- you're thinking of the game in 1997. Why didn't the Expos participate? Quebec isn't exactly the hotbed of Canadian national pride.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I love em . I like how they gone back to the full red over the script and using "Canada" on the back of the jerseys like the use too. Great design for the hat, but overall I like the set.

4kv29i.jpg

Funny how this team called the Blue Jays seem to wear every other color than blue, though the national pride is understandable.

Oh, nostalgia. I think I made just about the same post in the late 1990s. I have since come to my senses. If the Jays want to celebrate Canada by wearing red, then I think my Canadian ancestors would be proud.

Everyone loves a roundel.

"This land is your land, this land is my land,

From Bonavista to Vancouver Island,

From the Arctic Circle, to the Great Lakes waters,

This land was made for you and me!"

I remember when Cito Gaston (remember him?) had the team singing that for Canada Day!

bYhYmxh.png

"This land is your land, this land is my land,

From Bonavista to Vancouver Island,

From the Arctic Circle, to the Great Lakes waters,

This land was made for you and me!"

I remember when Cito Gaston (remember him?) had the team singing that for Canada Day!

Jays fans know him well, since he's the current manager.

Funny how this team called the Blue Jays seem to wear every other color than blue, though the national pride is understandable.

Oh, nostalgia. I think I made just about the same post in the late 1990s. I have since come to my senses. If the Jays want to celebrate Canada by wearing red, then I think my Canadian ancestors would be proud.

That's what I meant. They look good, and I find them refreshing. As the only MLB team in Canada, they should let it show. It's just odd that a team with Blue in its name hardly has any blue, but then again you have the Red Sox and White Sox. Hopefully these red Canada Day unis are a step toward being more colorful soon, but enough of my rant.

All things considered (being their current identity package), this is a very nice jersey. It's a huge improvement over the "lets randomly insert red into the black alternates and call it day" jerseys.

Remember these?

clemens_gaston_courtesy_400.jpg

I had a replica of that jersey. I love it in the same way I love the old Pens' crazy striped black alt/road.

I remember when they first started it. It was around the time when they started the interleague play and it was the Blue Jays against the Expos during the Canada Day weekend. Why didn't the Expos ever participate with this?

First time was in 1996 -- you're thinking of the game in 1997. Why didn't the Expos participate? Quebec isn't exactly the hotbed of Canadian national pride.

Yes but Montreal has more Canadian National Pride then anywhere else in Quebec.

Archived