Mississippi State Floor Design (Fan Vote

amacomo

I love #3. Big mean dog beats M State and full wordmark. Adds some pizazz. But the SEC doesn't do pizazz so it'll probably be #1.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

None of these court designs are legal as they're drawn - one of the three-point lines has to be a different color.

you better email Mississippi State before they paint down an illegal floor.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Do they really have to have "The Hump" on the baselines? Why not use the official name--Humphrey Coliseum--on the baselines and let "The Hump" be a nickname? It drives me nuts when teams use venues' nicknames when formal renders are more appropriate. The U of Minnesota is my second alma mater, but I hate that they have "The Barn" on the court of Williams Arena.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I voted for #1. Simple but effective.

And yeah, they have The Hump on there since pretty much everybody involved with MSU, from the fans to the alumni to the and players, calls it The Hump. So it makes sense that they'd put it there.

And yeah, they have The Hump on there since pretty much everybody involved with MSU, from the fans to the alumni to the and players, calls it The Hump. So it makes sense that they'd put it there.

I understand that everyone calls it "The Hump" just like everyone calls University Arena "The Pit," Ohio Stadium "The Horseshoe," and Michigan Stadium "The Big House." Just my opinion, but I don't like that they spell out the nickname on the floor in place of an official name. I can't wait to see the Red Wings change their center ice logo to read "The Joe."

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I voted for #1, but I don't like any of these all that much. I think the M-State logo at center court and the bulldog as the smaller logo.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I understand that everyone calls it "The Hump" just like everyone calls University Arena "The Pit," Ohio Stadium "The Horseshoe," and Michigan Stadium "The Big House." Just my opinion, but I don't like that they spell out the nickname on the floor in place of an official name. I can't wait to see the Red Wings change their center ice logo to read "The Joe."

But they've still got Hockeytown on the ice, when pretty much nobody but the people who own the term calls Detroit. So nyah. :P

J/k. I get your point. But I guess it's just a MSU thing.

Logos are waaaaaaaay too big on all of them. I'd go with #3 though.

Actually, I'd go with #1 with the dog logo as the smaller logo, rather than the full script

Yeah, I'd go with that one too. The size of the bulldog in #3 in the rendering is just way too big. And even if it was smaller, it just makes things look off-center. I'd rather just go with a simple design like #1.

Archived