Twins rebrand (in progress)

Blitz

Hey guys,

I was getting frustrated with my Houston rebrand, thought I would try my hand at a rebrand for the twins, would love some C&C...

minn_vectorized_free.png

Thoughts on the primary? Trying to make the identity more representitive of the twin cities....

canada.png

I love this. I think that C is best if you were to add a Minnesota script above it. Real nice idea, I always thought the Twins could go with something like this with a skyline. Also, are those real buildings in the Twin cities?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Now THIS...is an idea I can get behind. This definitely has loads of potential.

One suggestion, though? Ax the beveling and find a "friendlier" script, if that makes sense. (Kinda ties into the "twin cities"/shaking hands thing.)

Will be keeping an eye on this one, for sure.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like C best, if for no other reason than that the 'MINNESOTA' wordwark seems uninspired.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The block text isn't working. Stop and think of how it will look on a jersey, that's going to look horrible. A beveled block script is going to look absolutely clunky on a baseball jersey. As far as the rest of the logos, the Minnesota is actually competing with the building because you have the spires invading the Minnesota space. I think the buildings look great and have a great feel to them, I just think a unique script font without bevels is going to make it have that really classy look, or even some stylized font. This block font screams the team is slow and is a last place team that will never amount to anything.

Awesome! Advice - try to make the I and T of Minnesota line up with the tower points of the buildings maybe?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I dig the idea. Option C is definitely the best. The lightning rods interfere with "Minnesota" on A and B. I echo the calls to lose the beveling. Not sure why that's there.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think I'd be inclined to go with B but i'd look at removing Minnesota from the blue circle and finding a way to incorporate it (probably with a softer font, possibly even a script which could appear on an alt shirt maybe?) with the Twins text at the bottom.

With C I think you're overselling it, everyone already knows they're a baseball team I dont really feel the need to depict a baseball to ram the point home plus I feel the red stitching is interfering with the red building.

They are all exceptionally well rendered designs, so whatever way you decide to go I think you're off to a great start.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Generic buildings that don't exist. Clunky, beveled block text for the team name. Is that Arial for "Minnesota"?

I'm trying to come up with something positive to say here, but I'm failing. Sorry.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like the idea behind this, but I agree with what the others have said so far. The first thing is that IMO this is too generic for the Twins. Two random buildings and a blocky, over-beveled script? I would try to make it more Twin Cities specific, like slapshot mentioned. I would try to make it "feel" more like the two twins shaking hands logo. Something that we know is from the Twin Cities. When I step back and take a look at it, I think of the Mets, skyscapers in the background. And like others have said, that Twins script is working. Too blocky and too much beveling. I would try to tie it in to the scripts the Twins have used in the past, but it's up to you. As for the concept itself, it's a good start. I hope you use all of the advice you have been given to put together an awesome concept. I cain't wait to see how this turns out.

If you're going to represent the Twin Cities, maybe you should put some specific landmarks in the cityscapes.

Yeah... I did try that first - unfortunately both St. Paul & Minneapolis DO have very generic skylines. As well, having two different skylines kinda negates the whole "TWIN" thing...

canada.png

There are plenty of unique buildings that can be used to represent Minneapolis and St. Paul. At least, I found a few for a logo I made a while back:

new-tcgha5x-sm.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

There are plenty of unique buildings that can be used to represent Minneapolis and St. Paul. At least, I found a few for a logo I made a while back:

new-tcgha5x-sm.png

Way to show Blitz up! :lol:

For real though, that's an AWESOME logo, Mock...very gay.

new-tcgha5x-sm.png

Is one of those the Travelers/St. Paul building?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived