QMJHL's Lewiston MAINEiacs unveil 7th anniversary logo

Roger Clemente

Maybe cause the team almost skipped town and they want some half-assed reason to celebrate the team staying?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Maybe cause the team almost skipped town and they want some half-assed reason to celebrate the team staying?

Exactly, and maybe they are afraid they won't be making it to ten seasons here. I can't imagine the fans are going to be coming out in droves after being told that any other city is better than theirs. Odd how I live 20 minutes from where they play, used to work for the company that makes their jerseys, and know their mascot...yet I hadn't seen this logo at all yet.

I can't remember the last time I saw a 7-digit phone number. I thought they were all 10.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't remember the last time I saw a 7-digit phone number. I thought they were all 10.

I could go both ways on this one - First off, I think it's understood that the whole state is one area code, and that no one will be confused at what the area code is. Also, I think that they are trying to appeal to a local audience, so why put in the area code if no one (or, not many) are traveling great distances to buy tickets - especially season tickets? Really, how many season ticket holders for the MAINEiacs live 1) outside Maine or; 2) outside the local telephone exchange and have to dial the area code?

On the other side - If that were the first thing I saw on the MAINEiacs website (or saw it here), and wanted to call about single game tickets, etc., I'd be pretty upset that I had to look up the area code. What's it hurt to throw it on there.

One thing I know for certain - I've spent way too much time thinking about this... :blink:

Moose

They did it because they're MANEiacs! Past that, I have no clue why you would do a anniversary logo under 10 years, I guess if you're a pathetic franchise you celebrate that many years of, I guess crap.

They did it because they're MANEiacs! Past that, I have no clue why you would do a anniversary logo under 10 years, I guess if you're a pathetic franchise you celebrate that many years of, I guess crap.

Ya they're such a pathetic franchise that they earned a berth in the Memorial cup in only their 3rd season.

Ya they're such a pathetic franchise that they earned a berth in the Memorial cup in only their 3rd season.

It's oddball. Don't look for sense or cohesion in any posts, and for god's sake, don't bother replying to anything he says.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Okay, so what other team has done 5th anniversary logo that's been worth anything. Congratulations to Lewiston for winning. But does that mean that because one team has won, that this is one of the lamest ideas out there? Can't you wait 3 more years?

Oh and Lee, just because you've had 9,000 plus posts, well I guess that means everyone of your posts means something. Get over yourself and stop acting like you mean something to anyone. I presume that since you have 9,000 plus posts, you have no life whatsoever and spend all your time here. So I guess you would know perfectly what to ignore since you obviously have to reply everyone's post. Instead of telling people what or who to ignore, why not take your own advice and start ignoring people's posts.

Okay, so what other team has done 5th anniversary logo that's been worth anything. Congratulations to Lewiston for winning. But does that mean that because one team has won, that this is one of the lamest ideas out there? Can't you wait 3 more years?

Oh and Lee, just because you've had 9,000 plus posts, well I guess that means everyone of your posts means something. Get over yourself and stop acting like you mean something to anyone. I presume that since you have 9,000 plus posts, you have no life whatsoever and spend all your time here. So I guess you would know perfectly what to ignore since you obviously have to reply everyone's post. Instead of telling people what or who to ignore, why not take your own advice and start ignoring people's posts.

Yes sir.

Oh, wait a minute, I'm a mod. I can't ignore anyone's posts.

Sorry sir.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yes sir.

Oh, wait a minute, I'm a mod. I can't ignore anyone's posts.

Sorry sir.

yep thats worst part about caring the mod squad badge... we cant ignore idiots... and believe me i have a short list of people id love to ignore myself... but hey it comes with the badge... oh and dental...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Can't you wait 3 more years?

Given that they did everything they could to move to Fredricton or suburban Montreal, obviously not.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Given that they did everything they could to move to Fredricton or suburban Montreal, obviously not.

I am asking because I have no idea. Are they not supported? Or does the ownership just want to put the team in Canada? Also it it the same group that was awarded the franchise? I would think putting a team in Maine or say Plattsburg, NY or Burlington, VT would work. I can't believe the QMJHL nut is that big to crack.

Oh and 7th is just a fun thing...I mean they are the MAINEiacs! I think teams can have fun you know, this is after all the QMJHL, they are just kids having fun and hoping to go farther.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

if i recall the Louisiana Ice Gators did a 5 year anniversary. But i don't think they are in existance anymore. i don't keep up with the ECHL so I don't know who's around and who isn't.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I am asking because I have no idea. Are they not supported? Or does the ownership just want to put the team in Canada? Also it it the same group that was awarded the franchise? I would think putting a team in Maine or say Plattsburg, NY or Burlington, VT would work. I can't believe the QMJHL nut is that big to crack.

Oh and 7th is just a fun thing...I mean they are the MAINEiacs! I think teams can have fun you know, this is after all the QMJHL, they are just kids having fun and hoping to go farther.

I can tell you from going to a few games here and there, knowing the mascot, and seeing the apparel around town that yes, they are supported. A lot more than I expected a Junior hockey team to be. There are clumps of people around here that only care about the Maineiacs, nothing else.

I could go both ways on this one - First off, I think it's understood that the whole state is one area code, and that no one will be confused at what the area code is. Also, I think that they are trying to appeal to a local audience, so why put in the area code if no one (or, not many) are traveling great distances to buy tickets - especially season tickets? Really, how many season ticket holders for the MAINEiacs live 1) outside Maine or; 2) outside the local telephone exchange and have to dial the area code?

I don't know about other metropoleis, but in New you have to dial the full 10-digit number even if you're calling from the same area code.

Maine has one area code. As far as I understand, dialing it is unnecessary until the state has more than one.

When designing yellow page ads for customers in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire & Rhode Island, the area codes are not required unless the client is near the border and advertises across state lines.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived