09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

According to TSN

The Leafs have recieved a significant offer for Tomas Kabrle and they are considering the offer.

What team and what players/picks involved havent been released.

Im anxious to see this offer!

beLEAF

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to TSN

The Leafs have recieved a significant offer for Tomas Kabrle and they are considering the offer.

I'd wager it's a team with cap room, not wanting to risk a high draft pick, and allowing the Leafs to move up to the top 3 spots in the draft.

Given Colorado's luck at drafting lately, I'd suggest them, plus a swap of first rounders.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

According to TSN

I'd wager it's a team with cap room, not wanting to risk a high draft pick, and allowing the Leafs to move up to the top 3 spots in the draft.

Given Colorado's luck at drafting lately, I'd suggest them, plus a swap of first rounders.

The Score.ca has claimed that it's the Thrashers.

thecatch.jpg

According to TSN

The Score.ca has claimed that it's the Thrashers.

Well, it saves Evander Kane from going to Atlanta, if true.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not me. Seriously, if it prevents Kane from going to that black hole of hockey, then great.

On one hand, yes, it would be great if a really good black player could make a splash in a southern market, as racist as that sounds. It would do wonders in helping that team promote itself.

But on the other hand, Kane is a great, gritty, head down and go for the net player. He would do wonders playing in a strong appreciative market.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not me. Seriously, if it prevents Kane from going to that black hole of hockey, then great.

On one hand, yes, it would be great if a really good black player could make a splash in a southern market, as racist as that sounds. It would do wonders in helping that team promote itself.

But on the other hand, Kane is a great, gritty, head down and go for the net player. He would do wonders playing in a strong appreciative market.

No worries, thats not a racist comment. I always thought that the Wings should have gone after Anson Carter (He's black, he's good and a Michigan State product) to help draw in more fans from the city of Detroit itself.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Boston offered Phil Kessel for Kabrle and the 7th pick. :censored: that!

I wouldnt trade the 7th pick or Kabrle alone for Kessel.

Now if it was Marc Savard, than you got a deal.

Looks like Kessel bawked at Boston's Krejci-Type deal. Not surprised, although I'd love to see him stick around I just don't see it happening.

Dont get me wrong, I love Phil Kessel. I think he's a great player and Id love to have him in Toronto but he is not worth Kabrle and the 7th overall pick. In my opinion, he's not worth Kabrle alone but maybe, the 7th pick but the Leafs arent in the market to trade away picks for players unless its an absolute no brainer.

beLEAF

Canucks are apparently making a play for the #4 pick, unsure what they would be sending to Atlanta, unless it's goaltending or rights to the twins.

They are also expected to push hard to sign Bouwmeester, unsure whether they're willing to trade a third rounder for the right to talk, or wait until July 1.

And finally, Luongo is apparently looking for 5 years, 40 million to stay in Vancouver, which according to his agent, is "well under market value." Bye, Bobby.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Dont get me wrong, I love Phil Kessel. I think he's a great player and Id love to have him in Toronto but he is not worth Kabrle and the 7th overall pick. In my opinion, he's not worth Kabrle alone but maybe, the 7th pick but the Leafs arent in the market to trade away picks for players unless its an absolute no brainer.

No way would I move to pick but Kessel for Kaberle straight up would be a no brainer,Burke would be an idiot not to do that.This kid is a stud,and will be for a long time (and a Wisconsin boy to boot).A 36 goal scorer for a 4.5 million dollar d-man who missed what 25 games last year,yeah id sign off on that in a second.

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Kessel isnt a proven sniper yet. He's one dimensional and Kabrle is one of the best puck moving dmen in the game.

You can get alot more than Kessel for Kabrle. Im thinking Kessel and some draft picks or a prospect for Kabrle.

EDIT: The latest report is saying that the Bruins are offering Phil Kessel and a draft pick (not their 1st round pick for this year) for just Kabrle.

Depending on the pick, I think the Leafs need to consider this. Its clear Burke wants to move Kabrle and if this is the best trade available I think they need to strongly think it over. Plus, with the 7th pick we can pick up Jared Cowan who scouts said would have been ranked top 5 if he didnt get hurt early in the season.

If LA actually was trying to dump Jack Johnson for Pronger, I hope Burkie gets in there and offers Kabrle and the 7th Pick or a later round pick for the 5th Pick and Johnson.

beLEAF

Kessel isnt a proven sniper yet. He's one dimensional and Kabrle is one of the best puck moving dmen in the game.

You can get alot more than Kessel for Kabrle. Im thinking Kessel and some draft picks or a prospect for Kabrle.

EDIT: The latest report is saying that the Bruins are offering Phil Kessel and a draft pick (not their 1st round pick for this year) for just Kabrle.

Depending on the pick, I think the Leafs need to consider this. Its clear Burke wants to move Kabrle and if this is the best trade available I think they need to strongly think it over. Plus, with the 7th pick we can pick up Jared Cowan who scouts said would have been ranked top 5 if he didnt get hurt early in the season.

If LA actually was trying to dump Jack Johnson for Pronger, I hope Burkie gets in there and offers Kabrle and the 7th Pick or a later round pick for the 5th Pick and Johnson.

Now there sayin its Kessel and a pick for Kaberle.Would you do that? I would if i was Burke :)

And finally, Luongo is apparently looking for 5 years, 40 million to stay in Vancouver, which according to his agent, is "well under market value." Bye, Bobby.

To be honest.. that's three times his market value 'till he manages to produce in the post-season. ;)

5amlwx.jpg

Some people are postin on tsn.ca that Tavares is twitterin that hes not goin #1.If by chance that is true will he go to Colorado at 3?

Archived