09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

That's an awful cover picture, his stance looks awkward and unbalanced (in relation to the cover size).

Not to mention the mouthguard he's chewing on hanging out of his mouth.

A well deserved cover for the former Calder Trophy winner, since Ovechkin went with 2K Sports.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flames are expected to make a deal with Jay Bowumeester today and have also made qualifying offers to Dustin Boyd and Adam Pardy.

There expected to make him an offer...which is far from a deal.

beLEAF

Flames are expected to make a deal with Jay Bowumeester today and have also made qualifying offers to Dustin Boyd and Adam Pardy.

Aren't the Flames nearly up against the cap as is?

Is it just me, or does "NHL 10" just sound weak? I'd much rather hear "NHL 2010" than just "NHL 10".

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm aware of that I'd prefer if he didn't sign in the first place but the news out here is that a deal could be imminent by the end of the day but I think the Flames have to take some good from if he doesn't sign as a blessing in disguise who knows if something like Late March happens right out of the gate and I'd really like the Flames to go out in the market and try find some good offensive depth.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm aware of that I'd prefer if he didn't sign in the first place but the news out here is that a deal could be imminent by the end of the day but I think the Flames have to take some good from if he doesn't sign as a blessing in disguise who knows if something like Late March happens right out of the gate and I'd really like the Flames to go out in the market and try find some good offensive depth.

At no time has anyone in Bouwmeester's camp said that he was glad that Calgary wanted him. Take that for what it's worth.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Habs trade Higgins for Scott Gomez.

TSN Link

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

At no time has anyone in Bouwmeester's camp said that he was glad that Calgary wanted him. Take that for what it's worth.

Like I said to me that's a good thing.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Habs trade Higgins for Scott Gomez.

TSN Link

Paul likes this move?

Cory's never cared for Gomez, though he's on record as having a bias against short people, for what it's worth. ;)

You know, I don't know what to think of that move.

Habs have had small centers for as long as I can remember, and Gomez is similar to all of them in terms of size. Plus his $7.35M cap hit is a lot of money for a player who has not performed well last year.

I'm hoping that this is just a setup for what can happen next, but Gainey has never been easy to follow. Just take a look at his current offers on the table (Komisarek, Kovalev). Why hasn't Tanguay been offered anything yet? That boggles the mind.

I'm more frustrated to see Higgins go than happy to see Gomez come in Montreal. I guess we'll have to wait a bit with some free agents signings to see if this is a good move or not.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Kane is my favorite player outside the pens, and im glad he's on the cover for NHL10, but I think they could've done better. I used that same photo of him for a couple projects at school, and all I see when I look at it is how his left arm was changed... it looks more awkward than it already does when you know its really not bent that way...

cover:

NHL10x360PFTfront.jpg_2D00_300x0.jpg

Original Photo:

kanerr.png

oBIgzrL.png

Archived