09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pronger and Ryan Dingle for Lupul, Sbisa, 2009 #1, 2010 #1 and a conditional #3 in 2010 or 2011

Love Pronger but damn that's way too much to give up for a 1-yr rental...

I love the Kings' pick only because it pisses off Brian Burke and all those pundants who had Schenn going to Toronto. There ain't anything better than pissing off the most overrated GM in hockey. He's an average GM who got lucky with having a core group of players in Anaheim, otherwise you look at his record and draft picks and he's nothing to write home about.

I love the Kings' pick only because it pisses off Brian Burke and all those pundants who had Schenn going to Toronto. There ain't anything better than pissing off the most overrated GM in hockey. He's an average GM who got lucky with having a core group of players in Anaheim, otherwise you look at his record and draft picks and he's nothing to write home about.

Believe whatever you want, and it is rather pathetic that you only like a pick because it 'pisses someone off.' We don't need to draft a player in order to get him. Players could always get traded at a later time. We have pieces that LA can use and afford in order to make an actual playoff push this year.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Believe whatever you want, and it is rather pathetic that you only like a pick because it 'pisses someone off.' We don't need to draft a player in order to get him. Players could always get traded at a later time. We have pieces that LA can use and afford in order to make an actual playoff push this year.

Lets be honest, Matt.

Kadri going to Toronto pissing off the Sens made your day. :P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Lets be honest, Matt.

It has to do more with the exchange between Burke and Murray. That was just classic.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Lets be honest, Matt.

It has to do more with the exchange between Burke and Murray. That was just classic.

BB: "Is that your kid?"

BM: "Yeah"

BB: "Okay, we're gonna take him"

I'm happy that the Isles drafted Tavares. I'm hoping this is a turning point and a start for a new chapter in the history of the team where the focus will be on bringing a winner back to Long Island. In the short term it's going to help put people in the seats and although I do not think this is a playoff team by any means, it's a nice building block to go along with Okposso and Bailey. Hopefully there might be a couple nice free agent signings too.

BB: "Is that your kid?"

BM: "Yeah"

BB: "Okay, we're gonna take him"

I lol'd. :P

Jared Cowen sounds like a solid pick, hopefully he heals nicely and doesn't become injury prone. Maybe even replace the void Chara left when Muckler chose Redden over Zdeno.

The future is looking pretty good :)

Hi, how are you?

Okay, so you're telling me that I can't like a pick because it pisses someone off? Okay. So why should I like a pick? Because let's be really and I mean really truthful and honest with ourselves here, none of these picks are guaranteed to do anything. I don't care how much scouting you do, it's still a crap shoot. How many players in whatever sport you want to pick were suppose to be something and turned out to be nothing. 1st round draft picks are most times overrated, because if they weren't they'd all be in the Hall of Fame. The stats in most sports and I'll include hockey, probably bear out that half the 1st round picks never play for the team they were drafted by or even in the league they were drafted in. No one knows what these picks will actually do, so I don't jump up and down over an 18 year old holding up a sweater. Who knows if this kid will actually even wear a Kings jersey, so really why should I care about him until he's actually playing for the team and producing? How many people in Carolina were thrilled at Jack Johnson being drafted and did he ever play for them? Nope. The real truth of the matter is draft picks are puzzle pieces and bargaining chips, if used right a drafted player can get you more in return than he alone can give you. Don't fall in love with a guy drafted. 1st round draft picks aren't the most important parts of the puzzle, it's what you do in the later rounds that really makes a team. Go back through history and you can make a pretty good All-Star roster and even a pretty good Stanley Cup team with players drafted below the first round. Hell if you don't believe what I'm saying just look at this year's Hall of Fame inductees and you'll see 2 players are first round draft picks and 2 players were chosen in the 6th round (Brett Hull) and in the 9th round (Luc Robitaille). So why should I care about Schenn until he is wearing a Kings jersey and producing for them?

Archived