09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

Wait, Washington is playing Boston in the WC at Fenway?

What a joke.

Forgive him because he obviously doesn't know what good hockey is watching the real joke that the Leafs are all these years. He's just in some delusional state thinking someone cares about the Leafs. It's not a joke to have two of the league's top teams face off with the league's best goalie and defenseman on Boston and the league's best player on Washington.

Malkin got traded? :P

(Its a :censored:ing joke people, relax.)

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke.

Forgive him because he obviously doesn't know what good hockey is watching the real joke that the Leafs are all these years. He's just in some delusional state thinking someone cares about the Leafs. It's not a joke to have two of the league's top teams face off with the league's best goalie and defenseman on Boston and the league's best player on Washington.

Nope, otherwise he would've won both the Hart and Pearson trophy. And the Pearson is actually to me more important as it's the player's vote, so even Malkin's contemporaries don't think he's as good as Ovie! :P I'm teasing, Malkin's one hell of a player. I think if he was on another team, he'd get more attention and a serious vote for being the best player, but with Crosby the face of the franchise it hurts Malkin public personna as far as being as good as he is.

What a joke.

Nope, otherwise he would've won both the Hart and Pearson trophy. And the Pearson is actually to me more important as it's the player's vote, so even Malkin's contemporaries don't think he's as good as Ovie! :P I'm teasing, Malkin's one hell of a player. I think if he was on another team, he'd get more attention and a serious vote for being the best player, but with Crosby the face of the franchise it hurts Malkin public personna as far as being as good as he is.

True, but while having Crosby and Malkin together may hurt both's chances at individual awards, it also means better chances at the cup.

I'll take Lord Stanley over Mr. Pearson any day.

oBIgzrL.png

What a joke.

Got me bud.

Boston should be playing one of the original 6 teams. 2 of the 3 outdoor games have paired teams who have a history against each other. Oilers/Habs, Wings/Hawks. Boston should be playing the Rangers, Leafs or Habs..now thats a true winter classic.

Yea the Leafs are a joke eh, from your avatar Im assuming your a Kings fan...they've done alot eh? If it wasnt for Gretzky, the average person wouldnt know who the :censored: the LA Kings are.

beLEAF

What a joke.

Got me bud.

Boston should be playing one of the original 6 teams. 2 of the 3 outdoor games have paired teams who have a history against each other. Oilers/Habs, Wings/Hawks. Boston should be playing the Rangers, Leafs or Habs..now thats a true winter classic.

Yea the Leafs are a joke eh, from your avatar Im assuming your a Kings fan...they've done alot eh? If it wasnt for Gretzky, the average person wouldnt know who the :censored: the LA Kings are.

Orrrrr the NHL could try to pit its best young star, complete with his very good team, against a good Original 6 team in the hopes of a good game, instead of trotting out the Leafs or Canadiens :censored: fest, leading to a one-sided laugher. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Honestly, no one, players, owners, etc. want the Award Show in Toronto. Ask anyone where they'd rather go Toronto or Vegas and it's Vegas hands down.

Yeah, Toronto's a pisshole. Who needs actual cities?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is it just me, or does Linus' posts read like:

"CANADA! CANADA! MOTHERFU*KIN' TORONTO, CANADA!!!"

Hmm.

Find one post from me where it says "CANADA! CANADA! MOTHERFU*KIN' TORONTO, CANADA!!!"

Ive never posted that :)

As for the WC post, which Im guessing your referring to, my main point was that Boston should play an original 6 team or a rival team, not specifically the Leafs or the Habs or any other Canadian team.

Try reading the post fully before you come in with some stupid remark. But than again that seems tough for you.

beLEAF

Hmm.

Find one post from me where it says "CANADA! CANADA! MOTHERFU*KIN' TORONTO, CANADA!!!"

As for the WC post, which Im guessing your referring to, my main point was that Boston should play an original 6 team or a rival team, not specifically the Leafs or the Habs or any other Canadian team.

Try reading the post fully before you come in with some stupid remark. But than again that seems tough for you.

The NHL wants the Winter Classic to appeal to a slightly larger base than that of the "not quite Original" 6. It's primary concern is to show off its stars and provide a good game. Montreal, Toronto, and the Rangers have less "star power" than Washington, and certainly would not be as competitive as Washington. Sure it's not a "traditional" rivalry, but Boston-Washington could certainly be a playoff preview and would be a very good, hard fought game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a joke.

Got me bud.

Orrrrr the NHL could try to pit its best young star, complete with his very good team, against a good Original 6 team in the hopes of a good game, instead of trotting out the Leafs or Canadiens :censored: fest, leading to a one-sided laugher. :rolleyes:

I presume you're still bitter about the 1993 game 7. I don't give a rat's behind about the average person. I don't give a rat's behind whether anyone knows about the team I root for. I root for the team I root for because it is my team. Oh and I've been a fan of the Kings since '84, so I was a Kings fan even before Luc was around.

Hmm.

The NHL wants the Winter Classic to appeal to a slightly larger base than that of the "not quite Original" 6. It's primary concern is to show off its stars and provide a good game. Montreal, Toronto, and the Rangers have less "star power" than Washington, and certainly would not be as competitive as Washington. Sure it's not a "traditional" rivalry, but Boston-Washington could certainly be a playoff preview and would be a very good, hard fought game.

The Winter Classic is a TV event, which is why Washington is a great choice to maximise TV ratings. The casual sports fan know who he is and the NHL is going to have Ovechkin to sell the game. It wouldn't matter if it's Washington, Phoenix (for now), Edmonton or Toronto, if there's a star player, the NHL should promote him the best they can. Besides, the NHL already did the "Original 6" thing in Chicago, where it was probably the ballpark that was the attraction.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived