09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

One of these contracts will have to be moved by Wednesday if we have any hope of getting J-BO I expect Bouwmeester to expect Phaneuf money so 6.5.

Miikka Kiprusoff 5.8 (Massive Longshot)

Olli Jokinen 5.25

Daymond Langkow 4.5

Robyn Regehr 4.02 (Massive Longshot)

Cory Sarich 3.6

Kipper and Regehr are essentially locks for the Flames next season so it comes down to Jokinen, Langkow, Sarich with the moving of Vandermeer today that frees up about 2.3 million I'm leaning to a possibility of Jokinen on his way out or Sarich.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a rumour, dont know of its accuracy but this is how the deal would go down:

To Toronto: Schenn, A Prospect (Hickey? Teubert?)

To LA: Kabrle, White, 1st Round Pick Next Season (But the pick cant be in the top 5, well thats what the Leafs want)

They said Burke is chasing Schenn hard but LA is holding out for a good deal. Burke says he wont rush a Kabrle deal because offers are still flowing in.

Honestly if that trade offer is legit, Leafs need to do it. We all know the Leafs won't finish last (there never good enough, and never bad enough lol) so the pick won't be Taylor Hall who is the prize pick next year.

Also, if that rumour is true, Ottawa could play nicely into it. Heatly could be involved to make it a 3 way...

beLEAF

Disappointed that the Flyers had to give up Luca Sbisa to get Pronger. Also disapointed that this shuts the door on the Bouwmeester move, which was thought (at least around here) to have been a done deal since before the season even ended.

Does anyone who's seen Pronger recently think he has anything left? He's going to sign an extension really soon, so he'll be under contract until he's 38. I haven't seen enough of him recently to judge this move, but I haven't exactly heard rave reviews of his recent play.

Sbisa has a bright future ahead of him. I love the way he plays, he reminds me alot of Luke Schenn. I cant believe Philly dumped him, Lupul and 2 first rounders.

beLEAF

Jesus Christ. How could no other teams afford that kind of trade?

No one else was crazy enough to give up a roster player and a pick for a player who, apparently, told all 30 teams that he wasn't going to sign with anyone who traded for him before July 1st when he becomes an RFA.

Sutter has four days to prove he's crazy like a fox, by signing Bouwmeester, and not just bat- :censored: insane.

The exact reason why the Flyers made the move for Pronger. They wanted the D figured out before FA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is Tavares(!!!!) the youngest NHL player as of now? Just wondering. He was born September 20, 1990, making him only 5 months older than me! So weird to think that!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Is Tavares(!!!!) the youngest NHL player as of now? Just wondering. He was born September 20, 1990, making him only 5 months older than me! So weird to think that!

I'm 3 months older and it's definitely weird having players in the NHL younger than you.

Hi, how are you?

Lupul played for the Ducks and was brought up through the system, so all the coaches and front office know exactly what they are getting from Loops.

So they realize theyre getting a very inconsistent player who parties way too much and has the work ethic of a dead man? Ok.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Lupul played for the Ducks and was brought up through the system, so all the coaches and front office know exactly what they are getting from Loops.

So they realize theyre getting a very inconsistent player who parties way too much and has the work ethic of a dead man? Ok.

So you realize your getting a defenseman who isnt the player he used to be for a future top 2/4 defenseman, 2 first rounders, a 20 goal scorer and a 3rd rounder? Ok.

beLEAF

Not the player he used to be? I happen to watch a decent amount of Ducks games, and Im still impressed with what I see from him. He is a perfect fit for this team, he brings an element this defense has lacked for a very long time. He has won, played in many big games/series, and is another leader that they desperately need. Losing Sbisa hurts, and the 2 draft picks as well. But, they are all a crap shoot. Shedding Lupul and his way-too-high contract is a huge help, as he is locked in for the next 3 years. The Flyers know what theyre getting with Pronger. I cant wait to see him in Orange and Black. And given the circumstances, the trade works out really well for the Ducks too. Win-win for both teams.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I read that Conklin might not get a new contract. This means either Philly or Boston needs to sign him. Then he can be apart of every NHL outdoor game so far. He was in both WCs and the outdoor game between Edmonton and Montreal.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I read that Conklin might not get a new contract. This means either Philly or Boston needs to sign him. Then he can be apart of every NHL outdoor game so far. He was in both WCs and the outdoor game between Edmonton and Calgary(?)

Montreal.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm 3 months older and it's definitely weird having players in the NHL younger than you.

It truely is weird to be able to call Stamkos (and now Hedman) "that boy" or "that kid" and have them actually be younger than me.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Here's my wishlist for the Senators.

Ottawa is in need of some depth up front so I think the following guys would do nicely

-Mike Cammalleri, A good offensive guy and with Heatley wanting out we might need some more scoring.

-Sami Pahlsson, One of the big reasons Anaheim beat us back in '07.

-Brendan Shanahan, He's getting up there in age but he can still produce.

-Saku Koivu, Solid 2-way player.

-Mike Knuble, Same as Shanahan.

-Mikael Samuelsson, Solid player and I want a nugget of that Red Wings team.

-Brian Gionta, a quick and offensive guy.

Some solid D-men I wouldn't mind seeing in Ottawa.

-Greg Zanon

-Johhny Oduya

-Francois Beauchemin

Our goalie situation seems stable for now, but it is Ottawa, so I'm sure something will derail.

Hi, how are you?

He was none of that when he was in Anaheim the first time. (Except for the parties, but I can let that slide :P )

Even if all that is true, I'm confident that the Ducks know what to do with him. Plus he is truly excited to be back with the Ducks. He loves living here, he's kept his house in Newport Beach since he was here. He loves the atmosphere, and I'm pretty damn sure he likes out coaching staff. The coaches know how to work him right.

If there is any place that Lupul can succeed and play to his potential, it's with the Ducks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Here's my wishlist for the Senators.

Ottawa is in need of some depth up front so I think the following guys would do nicely

-Mike Cammalleri, A good offensive guy and with Heatley wanting out we might need some more scoring.

-Sami Pahlsson, One of the big reasons Anaheim beat us back in '07.

-Brendan Shanahan, He's getting up there in age but he can still produce.

-Saku Koivu, Solid 2-way player.

-Mike Knuble, Same as Shanahan.

-Mikael Samuelsson, Solid player and I want a nugget of that Red Wings team.

-Brian Gionta, a quick and offensive guy.

Some solid D-men I wouldn't mind seeing in Ottawa.

-Greg Zanon

-Johhny Oduya

-Francois Beauchemin

Our goalie situation seems stable for now, but it is Ottawa, so I'm sure something will derail.

Why do you want to raid my Devils?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Philly.com

Hopefully this is nothing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived