NHL Rookies, Tradees and Free Agents in new unis

Top Shelf

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate how the two digits don't fit onto the white panel. Ugh.

I agree. It looks sloppy. One of the few times I think "historical accuracy" needs to be forsaken for common sense.

I agree. It looks sloppy. One of the few times I think "historical accuracy" needs to be forsaken for common sense.

The Flyers have been able to fit both on the jersey before, I don't see why they can't now, unless it's the damn EDGE template that's causing this.

AAEG007~Bobby-Clarke-Action-Photofile-Posters.jpg

duck_sig.jpg

CWx - how much different is the current throwback orange from the '90s orange?

I just caught this request - hadn't even looked at this thread until now...

Current colors (including throwbacks):

PhiladelphiaFlyers_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

The shade of Orange was changed between the 1998-1999 and 1999-2000 seasons.

PhiladelphiaFlyers_FRC_1999_SOL_SRGB.png

Wow - must be a fabric thing then, because the new retro-orange looks day-glo compared to the orange used even after the switch you pointed out (using the old orange third w/ 3d logo for comparison.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow - must be a fabric thing then, because the new retro-orange looks day-glo compared to the orange used even after the switch you pointed out (using the old orange third w/ 3d logo for comparison.)

It is a really bright orange. I don't know if I'd call it day-glo, but it's bright and vastly different shade of orange when compared to the orange on the current home & away. I'll have to get a picture of the jerseys next to each other.

EDIT:

Flyers_Orange_small.jpg

^ quirky fact: Smyth wears 94 because that's the year he graduated from high school... and the number of different hair sprays he uses.

I would love to have a window like that with the Canucks logo somewhere in my room...

duck_sig.jpg

Tavares is officially wearing #91

capt.2d7ef89cec72464d996f791549741449.islanders_tavares_hockey_nyjd202.jpg

Hmm... Are the Isles following in the Rangers footsteps and hemming up the stupid curve at the bottom? Or am I just seeing the picture wrong?

That jersey he is wearing is just a replica. It has the jock tag and the replica jerseys don't have the curved bottoms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Flyers have been able to fit both on the jersey before, I don't see why they can't now, unless it's the damn EDGE template that's causing this.

AAEG007~Bobby-Clarke-Action-Photofile-Posters.jpg

It's not the Edge template, it's the year the orange jersey is supposed to represent. Aren't the Flyers orange jerseys supposed to be throwbacks to circa 1972-1974 (which is why they also include the white nameplate)? The version with the wider stripe section came later in the 1970s (after their two cup wins). The original version of the jersey (which the current orange replicates) was designed without sleeve numbers; the numbers always looked kind of tacked on until they made the stripes a bit wider to fit the numbers.

However, even though the current orange jersey has serious historical meaning for Flyers fans, count me in the group that thinks it would look better if they went with the wider stripe section like the late 70s versions in the photo above.

Archived