ESPN has officially crossed the line

buzzcut

I don't think i want to see the video. By watching that, does that not make the person watching just as much as a perv-sicko-weirdo as the scumbag who did this in the first place? If the need to see Erin Andrews nude is such a compulsion, write to Hugh and tell him to offer up some primo bucks for her shots. If not Hugh... well, Larry's always available, right?

OT but important. It seems Playboy has run into more difficulty into getting popular stars to pose for their magazine. Look at issues from the 70's and 80's and see all the celebs that were in there. Sad state.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Sportsnation show taking the place of around the horn and PTI today!?! That's crossing the line.

This show is terrible.

This guy sucks, he is basically Skip Bayless' clone (personality-wise)--whom I hate.

Atleast Michelle Beadle is ok to look at. ^_^

[sorry if this is kinda off topic, just venting a little.]

Colin Cowherd is a massive tool.

Not to mention an idiot, who loves to pump Vegas as "experts" yet doesn't understand what a point spread is.

I don't think i want to see the video. By watching that, does that not make the person watching just as much as a perv-sicko-weirdo as the scumbag who did this in the first place?

Not really. You didn't drill the hole in the drywall. If the resources and anonymity of the Internet haven't allowed you to see things you have no business ever seeing (and may even wish to un-see), then you were never really on the Internet.

People have been feeding this monster for years now, and now after those years of hoterinandrewspicturescuziwannaseehernaked.com, these same sports blog idiots and general creeps have the balls to type this posturing about how they'll NEVER watch this filth because it's wrong wrong wrong. In a sense, that almost makes Erin-stalking even creepier than it already was: they get what they wanted and (claim to) turn it down. What, they felt they had to "earn" it?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I saw it.

It's a cheap video shot through the peephole of a hotel room door.

Her body is damn nice and of course the features are nice, but it's still a very meh video.

she's just ironing pants and curling her hair.

Other than the fact of just seeing her, I've imagined better situations lol. Just go watch showtime or cinemax.

She's hot and has a banging body but it's nothing we didn't know.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't think i want to see the video. By watching that, does that not make the person watching just as much as a perv-sicko-weirdo as the scumbag who did this in the first place?

Not really. You didn't drill the hole in the drywall. If the resources and anonymity of the Internet haven't allowed you to see things you have no business ever seeing (and may even wish to un-see), then you were never really on the Internet.

People have been feeding this monster for years now, and now after those years of hoterinandrewspicturescuziwannaseehernaked.com, these same sports blog idiots and general creeps have the balls to type this posturing about how they'll NEVER watch this filth because it's wrong wrong wrong. In a sense, that almost makes Erin-stalking even creepier than it already was: they get what they wanted and (claim to) turn it down. What, they felt they had to "earn" it?

Watching the video doesn't make you a perv-sicko-weirdo, but it is kind of the same as buying something that you know was stolen out of someone's house. As long as you're buying it, creating a market for stolen goods, crime will continue... and it's all your fault.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Fair enough, but I think the blame should lie more with the people who engendered the whole Erin Andrews obsession (a group of which I don't claim to be a part) than the people who watched The Video (guilty as charged). This never would've happened to Rachel Nichols.

Anyone else hear it was an inside job? It almost had to be, if you consider that ESPN probably bought up hotel rooms in blocks. Your aerage guy never would've been able to engineer this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To the blogger, a hit is a hit. Whether you were one of the people who "engendered" (nice word, BTW) the obsession, or just a rubber-necker who couldn't help but see what the fuss was about, your hit still counts.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not some holier-than-though, morally infallible Cardinal - I checked out the NY Post, and if the video got sent to me, I'd probably end up clicking on it. Who knows - it could engender a nice tug session.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think i want to see the video. By watching that, does that not make the person watching just as much as a perv-sicko-weirdo as the scumbag who did this in the first place? If the need to see Erin Andrews nude is such a compulsion, write to Hugh and tell him to offer up some primo bucks for her shots. If not Hugh... well, Larry's always available, right?

OT but important. It seems Playboy has run into more difficulty into getting popular stars to pose for their magazine. Look at issues from the 70's and 80's and see all the celebs that were in there. Sad state.

It was off topic, but it is not important. Apparently, you have not read or heard about their financial woes which they brought on themselves. just Google them and read about their Q2 earnings, writeoffs, and staff reductions.

As for the Erin Andrews issue, ESPN will now not have any NY post employees on for the near future.

By Associated Press

7:34 PM CDT, July 22, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) ? ESPN has banned staffers from the New York Post from appearing on any of its programming after the newspaper ran photos from the video showing sideline reporter Erin Andrews nude in a hotel room.

The Post published three images from the blurry video.

"While we understand the Post's decision to cover this as a news story, their running photos obtained in such a fashion went well beyond the boundaries of common decency in the interest of sensationalism," ESPN senior vice president of communications Chris LaPlaca said in a statement Wednesday night.

ESPN regularly uses newspaper reporters as guests for analysis and insight on its shows.

Post spokesman Howard Rubenstein did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

Watching the video doesn't make you a perv-sicko-weirdo, but it is kind of the same as buying something that you know was stolen out of someone's house. As long as you're buying it, creating a market for stolen goods, crime will continue... and it's all your fault.

Perhaps the same could be said about the tracks we all "stole" from Napster back in the day. :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Perhaps the same could be said about the tracks we all "stole" from Napster back in the day. :D

I've said the same about file DLs, numerous times. No need to put "stole" in quotes either - just because a window isn't broken, doesn't mean it ain't a crime.*

*I'm not on a high horse, I've done it too.

I've said the same about file DLs, numerous times. No need to put "stole" in quotes either - just because a window isn't broken, doesn't mean it ain't a crime.*

I'd like to think of the Napster days as a simple "gracing period" of digital music exchanges before the music world really caught up with technology. It's too bad none of us could have been Steve Jobs at the time. :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I'd like to think of the Napster days as a simple "gracing period" of digital music exchanges before the music world really caught up with technology. It's too bad none of us could have been Steve Jobs at the time. :D

You do realize that there's still...

... never mind.

I'm calling bull- :censored: on the Erin Andrews video. Let's look at the facts. Someone knew that a.) she walks around naked in her hotel room. b.) They knew when she would be doing it. c.) She seems to manage to show every side of her body in the video including some "let's highlight my ass" poses. d.) The person doing the taping managed to "drill the perfect peephole" with no prior knowledge of all the aforementioned "facts?" That's an awful lot of "luck" don't you think? Sorry, but if you ask me the whole thing just reeks of "accidentally on purpose." Why she would do it is anyone's guess but I simply cannot buy the idea that the person taking the video managed to pull off the perfect crime. There's just too many things that had to go exactly right.

And yes, I watched the video. I watched it for the same reason we all slow down at a traffic accident. B)

BB52Big.jpg

I think you're presuming that the video on the internet is all that was captured. For all we know, there's an hour of her checking her email in a bathrobe.

Maybe but that still doesn't rule out all the other stuff.

BB52Big.jpg

So is ESPN keeping Erin Andrews off the air becuase of the video?

....and if so, for how long? (since you know ESPN won't be reporting on this)

We are a month from NCAA football to start, so she would not generally be on camera anyway. This is what I think ESPN/Disney will do:

1-Change her up with the broadcast crews, even though they have set their schedule for the most part. Saturday nights on ABC were Lisa Salters with Brent and Kirk, not her. She could be anywhere now.

2-She will leave ESPN and go on DWTS (Dancing With The Stars) in January 2010 and will probably not look back. Her previous skills from being a Dazzler at UF will help her win (with male votes), and she will write her ticket (and a book). She will be well taken care of.

I'm calling bull- :censored: on the Erin Andrews video. Let's look at the facts. Someone knew that a.) she walks around naked in her hotel room. b.) They knew when she would be doing it. c.) She seems to manage to show every side of her body in the video including some "let's highlight my ass" poses. d.) The person doing the taping managed to "drill the perfect peephole" with no prior knowledge of all the aforementioned "facts?" That's an awful lot of "luck" don't you think? Sorry, but if you ask me the whole thing just reeks of "accidentally on purpose." Why she would do it is anyone's guess but I simply cannot buy the idea that the person taking the video managed to pull off the perfect crime. There's just too many things that had to go exactly right.

And yes, I watched the video. I watched it for the same reason we all slow down at a traffic accident.

You get sexually aroused by traffic accidents?

Badger_zps8961c467.png

So is ESPN keeping Erin Andrews off the air becuase of the video?

....and if so, for how long? (since you know ESPN won't be reporting on this)

We are a month from NCAA football to start, so she would not generally be on camera anyway.

Actually, she's been been doing ESPN baseball broadcasts all summer long. Not sure if she had been seen on-air since getting hit with a foul ball several weeks back though, but surely she will be held off camara until "peepholegate" clears up.

6uXNWAo.png

And yes, I watched the video. I watched it for the same reason we all slow down at a traffic accident.

You get sexually aroused by traffic accidents?

I was gonna say...

I've never wanted to f*** a car wreck.

But yours is more kid-friendly...and Lord knows there are a ton of kids 'round here.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived