ESPN has officially crossed the line

buzzcut

SportsNation is awesome, IMO, because not only do they say some out-of-pocket stuff, the fans do as well. Let's just say Nick1733 seems to be he type of fan that I envision tweeting and voting in the polls on that show.

And SportsNation's gonna be taking the place of ATH & PTI for this whole week. They'll be back on the 27th.

Just realized that as soon as I posted.

I love polls, and I use to vote almost daily on the Sportsnation polls at ESPN.com.

But I guess because this guy drives me nuts, I can't stand to watch it.

Same reason I can't stand to watch Skip Bayless on First and Ten/First take.

I know the idea is to have two contrasting attitudes/personalities, who may have contrasting opinions. But I get the feeling these guys are like that in person.

EDIT:

This Sportsnation show taking the place of around the horn and PTI this whole week!?! That's crossing the line.

This show is terrible.

This guy sucks, he is basically Skip Bayless' clone (personality-wise)--whom I hate.

Atleast Michelle Beadle is ok to look at. ^_^

[sorry if this is kinda off topic, just venting a little.]

Not that Around the Horn or PTI are any better. :rolleyes:

I actually really like both shows. [PTI moreso than ATH though.]

Maybe this show will grow on me, but right now I'm not really a fan.

EDIT2: It actually is kinda growing on me; I like the fact that look at tweets from twitter. That's kinda cool.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of ESPN and crossing the line, we've finally reached the logical conclusion of The Creepy Sports Blog Cult Of Erin Andrews. How about that.

Looks as though she was secretly filmed nude in her hotel room and the video was posted on the net. I'm betting someone on the board has seen it, right?

erinandrews.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

EDIT:
This Sportsnation show taking the place of around the horn and PTI this whole week!?! That's crossing the line.

This show is terrible.

This guy sucks, he is basically Skip Bayless' clone (personality-wise)--whom I hate.

EDIT2: It actually is kinda growing on me; I like the fact that look at tweets from twitter. That's kinda cool.

For the record, PTI was never funny to begin with, and ATH has gotten stale over the years, as most shows often do. If ESPN decides to bump one of those for SportsNation, then I'm good with it -- Or better yet, they could push JRIB into the coveted 6:30 Eastern time slot, then everyone's happy! :D

6uXNWAo.png

EDIT:

This show is terrible.

For the record, PTI was never funny to begin with, and ATH has gotten stale over the years, as most shows often do. If ESPN decides to bump one of those for SportsNation, then I'm good with it -- Or better yet, they could push JRIB into the coveted 6:30 Eastern time slot, then everyone's happy! :D

Is PTI suppose to be funny?

How about we make everyone happy and bring back Stump The Schwab?

PTI is good when it's Wilbon & Kornheiser on the show. It's decent when it's TK/MW & LeBetard just because LeBetard's hilarious, but it's horrible when neither one is there. Bob Ryan was on there all last week and it was painful to watch the 2 episodes that I did watch. But yeah, kinda hard for PTI to be a funny show when they're a sports talk show. :P

ATH is good simply because 1) As I mentioned before, I like it when people say some out-of-pocket stuff on TV just so I can go like "Wow, this guy makes no damn sense." 2) When they ALL have no idea what they're talking about (which happens often whenever Reali brings up the topic of soccer), it's hilarious. & 3) Reali's a cool dude for the simple fact that he loves soccer and knows what he's talking about whenever there's a discussion on it. He basically eviscerates the panel for not knowing about soccer.

PTI (at times) > ATH. Though I will say, SportsNation + PTI + ATH = a good way to catch up on sports opinions in 2 hours. Still not gonna watch the 6 o'clock SportsCenter. I can not stand Brian Kenny as an anchor.

Stump the Schwab would make me happy and tingly all over again.

As for the topic at hand (well, the original topic), I think the term "America's team" has to do with following or, even better, the first team people think of that aren't followers of the league. Heck, we could have America's team for all the leagues:

NFL: Dallas Cowboys

MLB: Yankees, Cubs

NBA: Lakers, Celtics (it was Bulls in the 90s, but I digress)

NHL: Red Wings

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Well, since y'all done steered this thread this far off track (or, orbit, I suppose), I guess now would be an opportune time to mention that a full solar eclipse is expected to occur tomorrow, 22 Jul 09.

Cop you some sunglasses and grab a lawn chair...should be interesting.

If you're in Southeast Asia, sure.

Well damn...thank you for ruining my excuse to get out of the office early tomorrow. :cursing:

(Ehh, maybe I should just blame my cotdamn self for not knowing it wouldn't be visible over here...)

Back on topic, I caught the tail end of this new SportsNation show today (or, at least, it's new to me). Seems like it oughtta be a pretty decent show. And I'm sure the pretty-eyed blondie chick oughtta keep the guys interested, if for no other reason than to ogle about her. ^_^ For real, though, I like that both of the anchors speak what's on their mind. It seems to have a good format. Let's hope they don't muck it up somewhere down the line.

As far as PTI goes, Imma echo what Flame said above. As long as it's Kornheiser and Wilbon, it's cool. It's actually funny with them two. Le Batard, the dude from Denver (what is his name, Bob Ryan?), J.A. Adande and them, they just simply do not deliver anywhere near the same level of energy, humor, or, well, interest, as Wilbon and Kornheiser do. Those two really get into it, but you can tell they have fun with it.

ATH...ehh, depending on who's on, I can tolerate it. Ryan(?) can go shove it, for all I care. So can that other dude that talks like someone done tied a fishing line to the corner of his bottom lip--I can't remember his name (nor do I care to). I do kinda miss Max Kellerman hosting that show--hell, I miss Max, period--but Stat Boy don't seem to do too bad a job at it.

And as far as SC goes...man, I don't know what's done happened to that show. S**t ain't what it used to be. And if I had to pick the most annoying anchor, I think I'd have to go with Stan Verett. Dude, seriously...go somewhere. I can deal with Neil Everett when he's not around Stan, but those two together = ugh. (But then, that could be said for a couple SC personalities in this day and age.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This Sportsnation show taking the place of around the horn and PTI today!?! That's crossing the line.

This show is terrible.

Colin Cowherd is a massive tool.

Seconded. Poor Michelle, she must feel really bad about working with this Jerk.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This Sportsnation show taking the place of around the horn and PTI today!?! That's crossing the line.

This show is terrible.

Colin Cowherd is a massive tool.

Seconded. Poor Michelle, she must feel really bad about working with this Jerk.

Today he said something like, "I love my children, and you...being my co-anchor"

You could tell it was embarrasingly awkward for her.

EDIT: Also, I'd have to say, my opinions of SportsNation have changed. I'm starting to like the show, just not as much as PTI and ATH. ^_^

And I agree that PTI is best when it's Kornheiser and Wilbon. Anyone else, IMO, is just bad.

ATH is good, but I wish they had guests more frequently. Like maybe 3 regulars (Mariotti, Page, Cowlishaw?) and one guest each show. Anyone remember when Max Kellerman was host?

Cowherd is a tool but I really, really like the show. ATH is okay but one can only take so much Bill Plaschke and Jay Mariotti. I think I prefer PTI to it and I don't mind any of the fill-ins for Kornheiser at all. However, I think Sportsnation is the most entertaining of the three. I kind of wish they had a "real" journalist to host it and give opinions but you know that naturally goes against the whole social media thing and I don't know how many newspaper guys would embrace it. So Cowherd will do for now. I love seeing the producer have Firefox open and see him switching tabs and stuff; it makes it feel more real. However, in yesterday's Draft Day I was extremely disappointed that Mark Hendrickson was not selected as an elite two-sport athlete.

Speaking of ESPN and crossing the line, we've finally reached the logical conclusion of The Creepy Sports Blog Cult Of Erin Andrews. How about that.

Looks as though she was secretly filmed nude in her hotel room and the video was posted on the net. I'm betting someone on the board has seen it, right?

[hot photo removed]

Was that for real? I heard that it was just a ploy to get people to click on link that tried to put a virus on your machine.

If it's real, whoever did it is scum, and should be locked up for a while. I don't want to endorse that action by viewing the video... but I kind of do...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

[hot photo removed]

Was that for real? I heard that it was just a ploy to get people to click on link that tried to put a virus on your machine.

Nope it's real. IIRC, Google disabled the cache feature for a while because people were watching the video via cache while the videos were being removed thanks to threats of legal action.

That's creepy as hell though.

Yeah, the whole thing really shook the Internet. I was rather surprised we weren't talking about it.

If she hadn't publicly acknowledged its existence, would anyone know that it was really her?

The gigantic hair gave her away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

EDIT:

This show is terrible.

You and the Dittoheads Clones, maybe. People with brains who actually appreciate a little bit of knowledge and humor with their sports talk would probably rather they keep Jim Rome is Burning exactly where it is...a place where we can't/don't/won't watch it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't watch JRIB much, but he does have the best Brett Favre coverage out there.

TOPIC: Brett Favre is mulling a comeback to the Vikings.

ROME: Ok.

Hahah yes!

That happened again today;

Rome: Brett Favre announced he is moving his deadline to decide on his comeback to this Friday... Bitchin.

That was the entire topic :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Be careful searching for said video:

A virus masquerading as a video of ESPN's telegenic reporter Erin Andrews is being spread through a variety of deceptive methods, leaving both Mac and Windows users vulnerable, according to security experts.

The video that the malware pretends to be does exist, but Andrews took legal action to have it removed from Web sites after news of its appearance got out. "While alone in the privacy of her hotel room, Erin Andrews was surreptitiously videotaped without her knowledge or consent. She was the victim of a crime and is taking action to protect herself and help ensure that others are not similarly violated in the future," said the law firm Bingham McCutchen in a statement.

Now, malware purveyors have built Web sites that purport to show the video, but install malware on a user's PC. Sophos has seen sites installing the OSX/Jahlav-C Trojan horse on Macintosh computers and several different viruses on Windows PCs, including Mal/EncPk-IF, a piece of malware, and Mal/FakeAV-AY, a rogue anti-virus system, said Graham Clueley, Sophos security expert, in a blog post.

I don't think i want to see the video. By watching that, does that not make the person watching just as much as a perv-sicko-weirdo as the scumbag who did this in the first place? If the need to see Erin Andrews nude is such a compulsion, write to Hugh and tell him to offer up some primo bucks for her shots. If not Hugh... well, Larry's always available, right?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived