LSU Football Jersey Changes

tron1013

http://blog.nola.com/lsusports/2009/07/lsu...ill_have_n.html

LSU's football team will have new jerseys for this season

Posted by The Times-Picayune July 08, 2009 12:32PM

Categories: football

BATON ROUGE - LSU's athletics department will take advantage of the football team being on TV a lot this season by adding "LSU" to the front of the 2009 football jerseys.

This will be the first time in modern school history that the name of the school will appear on the jersey. There are no other changes to the 2009 LSU football uniform.

"With the new SEC television contracts that require every game to be televised, this is another branding opportunity for LSU and our football program," equipment manager Greg Stringfellow said. "Nothing else changes about the jersey. We make subtle changes from time to time but we are very aware of our history and the tradition with our uniforms and we won't do anything to take away from that."

The "LSU" measures 2 1/8 inches wide and is 3/8 of an inch tall. It's located just below the neckline and right above the number on the front of the uniform. It will appear on both white and purple uniforms.

"I like the new look," senior running back Trindon Holliday said. "With LSU on the front, it gives me more pride in wearing the jersey. I think it's a great addition to what was already a great looking uniform."

Replicas of the new LSU football jersey can be purchased starting next Tuesday at the LSU Sports Shop on campus.

The Tigers will unveil the newest addition to the uniform at 9:30 p.m. Sept. 5 when they travel to Washington for its season-opener.

I'm happy with it, I wish they would update the font on the helmet with the Geaux font......

They really should've done it when they unveiled the new logo years ago. Two national championships later, I'm sure everyone would've gotten over it by now.

However, since they didn't, it's doubtful they ever will, and this is the only way to get the wordmark somewhere on the uniform, with the least likely amount of grumbling from fans.

kU6ns.gif

You'd think with all that attention to a little text line on the jersey, they could make the purple on the helmet match the purple on the rest of the uniform.

Normally, on TV and in watching games in person situations, it looks very comparable-- the lighting in that shot above makes it look darker.

Screw that silly little wordmark, LSU's helmets need a major friggin' overhaul!

No, they don't.

It is what it is.

You'd think with all that attention to a little text line on the jersey, they could make the purple on the helmet match the purple on the rest of the uniform.

Normally, on TV and in watching games in person situations, it looks very comparable-- the lighting in that shot above makes it look darker.

No, it doesn't.

Every time LSU is on TV, the same problem applies. The purple on the jersey is much brighter - and the helmet purple is close to black. IMO, a serious design flaw.

ryanperrilloux040108.jpg

I'm happy with it, I wish they would update the font on the helmet with the Geaux font......

They really should've done it when they unveiled the new logo years ago. Two national championships later, I'm sure everyone would've gotten over it by now.

However, since they didn't, it's doubtful they ever will, and this is the only way to get the wordmark somewhere on the uniform, with the least likely amount of grumbling from fans.

very good point because down here people are uni nazt's about any changes to this uni

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

People are particular but that's because the LSU uniform has basically had only a few minor tweaks in the last 30 years. And probably because they don't want Nike to "Kentucky" (or add in any other Nike school with random, senseless piping and other nonsense) their uniforms.

I'll actually agree with this statement (to an extent), LSU would look much better if they used the right color purple on the helmet and maybe if they used the more recent tiger logo that they use on merchandise. The one they use now is classic but personally I find it a little ugly and over-detailed. Seeing them like 10 times a year, I'm also bothered by the pants stripe, I wish the pants and helmet stripe would match.

I'm gonnna go ahead and guesstimate that the purple on the helmet is as dark as it is due to the material. Unless it's painted on the helmet, it's basically a wide piece of tape.

The jersey fabrics are normally much brighter...even the stripes on the pants.

(But then, I'm no color expert on these matters, either...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Completely disagree.

mee too

There is no way you can tell me this is something a 2½-time NCAA champion should be wearing....

lsu-helmet.jpg

What a disaster! LSU could do much better.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived