LSU Football Jersey Changes

tron1013

I agree that the helmet could use an overhaul. The large "LSU" was slapped on only after complaints that the previous lettering was too small. The tiger head had already been around for years. No great thought went into the design. A newer version wouldn't need be a radical one, but even a mild reworking would upset many LSU traditionalists.

They need a new tiger head (but not the newer logo, that'd be a step sideways), and they need to replace the LSU with the new version.

Then they need to make the pant stripe match the helmet stripe.

It's amazing to me how many minor but completely annoying and terrible design flaws like that continue to exist for the sake of "tradition". That's the type of thing that prevents perfection, IMO.

I'm gonnna go ahead and guesstimate that the purple on the helmet is as dark as it is due to the material. Unless it's painted on the helmet, it's basically a wide piece of tape.

The jersey fabrics are normally much brighter...even the stripes on the pants.

(But then, I'm no color expert on these matters, either...)

Even if you're right, it's still no excuse. If there's differences in how the color looks due to materials, then different colors should be used in each application. If colors appear darker when painted or "taped" to the helmet, then go with a lighter, more "lavender"ish purple on the helmet, so that in its darkened form, it matches the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm gonnna go ahead and guesstimate that the purple on the helmet is as dark as it is due to the material. Unless it's painted on the helmet, it's basically a wide piece of tape.

The jersey fabrics are normally much brighter...even the stripes on the pants.

(But then, I'm no color expert on these matters, either...)

Even if you're right, it's still no excuse. If there's differences in how the color looks due to materials, then different colors should be used in each application. If colors appear darker when painted or "taped" to the helmet, then go with a lighter, more "lavender"ish purple on the helmet, so that in its darkened form, it matches the jersey.

Shoot, I'm with you on that one. This is 2009...modern advances in technology--along with ColorWerx's expertise--make it possible to match up these colors much more closely than in days past.

(BTW...what is it about teams in Louisiana and their color-matching issues???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived