2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Fridge will be back only because Maryland can't afford to come up with the 4 million bucks they'd need to can his ass. They don't want him, they're just stuck with him.

Not just 4 million to buyout Friedgen but also they would have needed another million to buyout Franklin who they idiotically named the coach in-waiting even though he had been the offensive coordinator for 1 year.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Infrared? How would these brackets look to you?

Troy at (1) Florida

Georgia Tech* at (8) Ohio State

Pittsburgh at (4) Texas Christian

Brigham Young at (5) Cincinnati

Central Michigan at (2) Alabama

Iowa* at (7) Oregon

Houston at (3) Texas

Virginia Tech at (6) Boise State

(11 conference champs and 5 at-larges (no more than one at-large to a conference. GT and Iowa are switched in the bracket to avoid a conference matchup in the first round.)

...you know what, nevermind answering that. I already know how you're going to complain that Ohio State isn't ranked high enough. Homer.

Two things Will...

First off, my playoff plan is much better. You can find it a few pages back. 16 teams is too many. We all know that putting the Sun Belt or MAC champ in a playoff is a complete waste of time. I understand the sentiment but if The MAC winner played the SEC winner 100 times, The SEC would win every time. So why bother? There is no sane reason outside "being fair" to include a team like Central Michigan (no offense -Dan) at the expense of a team like LSU or Pitt or someone. A 16 team playoff is everyone's "grand idea" but we all know that it's probably never going to happen and if it does I promise you that 99% of the time The Sun Belt or MAC champs aren't going to be among the teams playing in it.

Second, and I mean this with nothing but the best of intentions, :censored: you for calling me a homer. Especially when it comes to Ohio State. Anyone who has followed my posts around here will tell you that is simply not true. I am a lot of things around here, arrogant Ohio State alum, loudmouth pretentious ass, know-it-all, you name it, but no one, and certainly no one as clueless about college football as you are, can accuse me of being anything but fair when it comes to The Ohio State Buckeyes. Find me one serious post in the last 2 years where I even resembled a homer for The Buckeyes.

And for the record, I wouldn't put Ohio State as the 8 seed in your playoff. I think Georgia Tech and probably Pitt are better. So homer that chief.

BB52Big.jpg

So I'm going to the PITT vs. Cincinnati game on Saturday. I couldn't care less about college football, but I was making the trip to Pittsburgh anyway, and one of my friends has a block of club tickets so I'm just going to go.

What would be a funny sign to hold up at the stadium? Doesn't have to be game related, but should probably mention something about it. Maybe some pop-culture reference that I can work into a sign that would be relevant to the game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The facepalm to end all facepalms...

I wasn't able to watch this game, but...damn, dawg. Just...damn.

(Little bit of background: FSU's OL coaches teach their linemen, if a D-linemen comes across early, to stay put, to make sure the flag goes against the D-lineman. In this case, it looks like the center snapped the ball a little early...but somehow, this guy just did not get the clue to, um...come up out the stance like the rest of his linemates. Damn, dawg. Just...damn.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The facepalm to end all facepalms...

I wasn't able to watch this game, but...damn, dawg. Just...damn.

(Little bit of background: FSU's OL coaches teach their linemen, if a D-linemen comes across early, to stay put, to make sure the flag goes against the D-lineman. In this case, it looks like the center snapped the ball a little early...but somehow, this guy just did not get the clue to, um...come up out the stance like the rest of his linemates. Damn, dawg. Just...damn.)

yah i saw that when they played unc a couple weeks back . there were a few different plays when this took place, and sure enough , they got the penalty. he was probably thinking they had moved too early , but was wrong .

glossysig5.png

Chip Kelly gave the greatest interview I have ever heard tonight. I was listening to the Oregon radio network on XM when they interviewed Kelly right before the game...

Sideline reporter radio guy: So coach what's the key to beating Oregon State tonight?

Kelly: Score more points than they do.

Sideline reporter radio guy: What's the key to stopping their offense?

Kelly: Tackle.

Sideline reporter radio guy: Thanks coach.

Outstanding work by both parties.

BB52Big.jpg

Second, and I mean this with nothing but the best of intentions, :censored: you for calling me a homer. Especially when it comes to Ohio State. Anyone who has followed my posts around here will tell you that is simply not true. I am a lot of things around here, arrogant Ohio State alum, loudmouth pretentious ass, know-it-all, you name it, but no one, and certainly no one as clueless about college football as you are, can accuse me of being anything but fair when it comes to The Ohio State Buckeyes. Find me one serious post in the last 2 years where I even resembled a homer for The Buckeyes.

And for the record, I wouldn't put Ohio State as the 8 seed in your playoff. I think Georgia Tech and probably Pitt are better. So homer that chief.

We'll just agree to disagree on that assessment, because your other posts do not tell the same story.

LvZYtbZ.png

We'll just agree to disagree on that assessment, because your other posts do not tell the same story.

Find one post to back up your assessment. Show me one time where I said Ohio State should be ranked higher in anything. You have posted some seriously crazy :censored: in this thread but calling me an Ohio State homer just might be a new low for you. Prove it genius. I'll be here waiting.

You're just :censored:-ing clueless.

BB52Big.jpg

Chip Kelly gave the greatest interview I have ever heard tonight. I was listening to the Oregon radio network on XM when they interviewed Kelly right before the game...

Sideline reporter radio guy: So coach what's the key to beating Oregon State tonight?

Kelly: Score more points than they do.

Sideline reporter radio guy: What's the key to stopping their offense?

Kelly: Tackle.

Sideline reporter radio guy: Thanks coach.

Outstanding work by both parties.

Oregon has to be the epicenter of that. I heard it as well.

Find one post to back up your assessment. Show me one time where I said Ohio State should be ranked higher in anything. You have posted some seriously crazy :censored: in this thread but calling me an Ohio State homer just might be a new low for you. Prove it genius. I'll be here waiting.

Now now, profanity will get you nowhere. And yet you have the unmitigated gall to deride me for being a Notre Dame fan, considering me a homer despite the fact that I don't say much complimentary about them because (guess what!) they don't deserve it. They could go 12-0 next year but who would honestly give a darn if they missed out on the BCS? All it takes is the coaches saying "to hell with the Irish" and refusing to vote for them.

LvZYtbZ.png

Now now, profanity will get you nowhere. And yet you have the unmitigated gall to deride me for being a Notre Dame fan, considering me a homer despite the fact that I don't say much complimentary about them because (guess what!) they don't deserve it. They could go 12-0 next year but who would honestly give a darn if they missed out on the BCS? All it takes is the coaches saying "to hell with the Irish" and refusing to vote for them.

Wow. You really are insane. What the :censored: are you talking about? You're a Notre Dame fan? Since when?

I'm still waiting for the post that will prove your claim that I am an Ohio State homer. And you're still :censored:-ing clueless.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow. You really are insane. What the :censored: are you talking about? You're a Notre Dame fan? Since when?

I'm still waiting for the post that will prove your claim that I am an Ohio State homer. And you're still :censored:-ing clueless.

Have been one all my life - just that I prefer to be a realist rather than those who drink the Kool-aid, thinking Notre Dame deserves bowl bids at 10-2. Hmm, I wonder who spouted that garbage?

LvZYtbZ.png

1-It seem that the Louisville job is something which former coaches Fulmer and Tuberville are applying for. Florida's Charlie Strong is also considered a candidate.

2-An investigation into Auburn's Big Cat recruiting weekend has resulted in six football assistant coaches receiving letters of reprimand and the school self-imposing a penalty restricting the number of permissible official recruiting visits for the 2009-10 academic year. Assistant coaches who received a letter of reprimand were Trooper Taylor, Jay Boulware, Gus Malzahn, Curtis Luper, Jeff Grimes and Tommy Thigpen.

3-Mangino's son, Tommy was a 2nd year GA at KU. He cleaned his desk out as well and according to reports, it is a total house cleaning.

This site used to be known as Kcoach.com, but look here to get the news on coaching changes (even if they try to toot their own horn): FootballCoachScoop

You may not want to bookmark this, Spammy.

lol willmorris. You really are out of your mind. The only reason to even read your college football posts are for the entertainment of the sheer insanity of your opinions. And count me in the group who never would've seen the Notre Dame fan thing coming. A real fan, a real fan hopes for their team to do well. Since I've been reading your posts I've seen nothing but the opposite on Notre Dame.

Here's evidence of your insanity. Tell 100, no 1,000 NCAA football fans that a 10-2 Notre Dame doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in agreement. If Sunbelt and MAC teams can go to a bowl then a 10-2 Notre Dame team with a harder strength of schedule can too.

I'm also interested to see the post where Infrared made some homer remark about Ohio State because I haven't read it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

lol willmorris. You really are out of your mind. The only reason to even read your college football posts are for the entertainment of the sheer insanity of your opinions. And count me in the group who never would've seen the Notre Dame fan thing coming. A real fan, a real fan hopes for their team to do well. Since I've been reading your posts I've seen nothing but the opposite on Notre Dame.

Here's evidence of your insanity. Tell 100, no 1,000 NCAA football fans that a 10-2 Notre Dame doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in agreement. If Sunbelt and MAC teams can go to a bowl then a 10-2 Notre Dame team with a harder strength of schedule can too.

I'm also interested to see the post where Infrared made some homer remark about Ohio State because I haven't read it.

Yeah, I didn't understand that, either. Why wouldn't a 10-2 team deserve a bowl game?

Have been one all my life - just that I prefer to be a realist rather than those who drink the Kool-aid, thinking Notre Dame deserves bowl bids at 10-2. Hmm, I wonder who spouted that garbage?

Every person on this board except you.

Will you are getting in way over your head by picking a fight with...well, anyone on this board.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived