2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

You are spoiled from watching Brees. Sure, I'd rather have Brady, Brees, or either Manning, but those guys weren't gift-wrapped for the Bears. And actually, based on results, Cutler had some of the best first three years of any NFL quarterback.

Look at last year's Bears-Falcons game. Similar situation at the end and Orton got it done. Cutler didn't. And how's Denver doing btw?

I like and respect you but I have no idea how any of this makes any sense. Gross oversimplification. Cutler couldn't get it done because his offensive line couldn't block for him or wait till the snap to jump, and his running back fumbled twice. Cutler did everything he could to win the game for the Bears. He threw deep balls. He broke off a 30-yard run. You can't blame Jay Cutler for the loss unless the words "Jay Cutler" are a synecdoche for "the Chicago Bears offense," which they shouldn't be. This is exactly what I was talking about.

You make some fair points and I'm not saying Cutler was the reason they lost. The Bears made plenty of boneheaded plays.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady

P.Manning

Brees

Farve

Warner

Rivers - close, but I'll give it to Rivers

E. Manning

Roethlisberger

Hasslebeck

McNabb - close, but I'll give it to McNabb.

Palmer

Rodgers

Ryan

Flacco

Orton- HA! HA!

Slow your roll, homey.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This, the week of the NFL trade deadline, Panthers' WR Steve Smith has all but asked for a trade.

They should trade him to the Giants to confuse everyone

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Two ejections in the same week. Dante Wesley of the Panthers, and somebody on the Jets.

Has there been two ejections in the same week?

As a Panthers fan, I hope that ejection turns into a fine and suspension. One of the ugliest cheap-shots I've ever seen.

Part of that just happened today...suspended one game without pay. No word yet on whether an actual fine has been/will be levied against Wesley.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This, the week of the NFL trade deadline, Panthers' WR Steve Smith has all but asked for a trade.

Steve Smith for Hakeem Nicks? I'd love to see #88 back in the Tar Heel State.

But as for realistic trades, this could be a good opportunity for the Panthers to get back into the first round of the draft. I hate to see Smitty go, but there's not much point in having an unhappy all-pro wideout with no one to get him the ball.

But as for realistic trades, this could be a good opportunity for the Panthers to get back into the first round of the draft.

At this point, I can't see any team giving up anything more than a second rounder for Smith.

As for what team it might be, the Bears come to mind right away. Jay Cutler's gonna need better options at wide out than Bennett, Hester and Knox if Chicago ever expects him to duplicate what he did in Denver.

6uXNWAo.png

The Bears aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. No need to go all in, and they don't have any more draft picks to send. Well, they do, I just don't want them to.

The receiving corps is okay. Not as good as Denver's, but better than a lot of previous Bears corps. If they're going to trade more picks away, I want offensive linemen who can run-block. These guys cannot do that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jigga, I'm not so sure I agree with your disagreement of the list . The QB's on that list were compiled by Booomer Esiason. I listened to him on the radio this morning and he commented how he does'nt think Cutler is an elite QB in this league. He said he has all the tools to be one but his attitude and tendency for throwing picks at the most inopportune time is holding him back. He went on to name those guys on the list I posted. Now I'll admit I added Orton just to rub it in but if you want to go down that list and have a friendly debate on each one I would be happy to because I don't think it is even close with the exception of Orton(maybe Ha! Ha!).

Jigga, I'm not so sure I agree with your disagreement of the list . The QB's on that list were compiled by Booomer Esiason. I listened to him on the radio this morning and he commented how he does'nt think Cutler is an elite QB in this league. He said he has all the tools to be one but his attitude and tendency for throwing picks at the most inopportune time is holding him back. He went on to name those guys on the list I posted. Now I'll admit I added Orton just to rub it in but if you want to go down that list and have a friendly debate on each one I would be happy to because I don't think it is even close with the exception of Orton(maybe Ha! Ha!).

Wow...that sounds a heckuva lot like another "favorite" elite QB in this league...yeah, that guy. And um...Fran Tarkenton, another former pseudo-legend QB, doesn't exactly agree that Brat's an "elite" QB, either. Make of that what you will.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Let's.

I'm no Jay Cutler fan. If I make a post on him, it's usually going to contain me calling him a drunk, a douchebag, or egomaniacal. However, I can recognize a baller when I see one. Gotta respect the talent. I mean, he does have a ego the size of some of the smaller U.S. territories, but based on talent, he is clearly a top 10 QB in the league.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Breaking news, Chad Ochocinco is STILL annoying

Calls out a bunch of players on the bears, even Jason McKie, the fullback.......

I think it's funny. It actually makes me want to pay attention to the Bears/Bengals game, otherwise I wouldn't give a :censored: about it. :P

we're used to it. Most of the time his antics actually work and someone else has a huge game with all of the other team's focus on him. Other times it just blows up in his face, ie the Pepto bismol game against Cleveland about 5 years ago.

another thing, for the first few weeks of this season I saw the Denver Broncos as total frauds seeing as how the only reason they won in week 1 was because of a fluke, but this team is the real deal. They play excellent defense and the offense is surprisingly effective. Every question about this team from the off-season, rookie coach, Brian Dawkins age, mostly new defense, Brandon Marshall prima-donna, and Kyle Orton's ability have all gone in favor of the Broncos. I've decided to root for them for as long as they aren't in the Bengals way. I've also decided to become a Josh McDaniel's fan. I like a coach that shows a little emotion, unlike Belichek.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived