2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Thank God for The NFL Sunday Ticket. Without it I would have been stuck with Bears - Vikings. The best thing about that game was The Vikings throwbacks. Thanks to the Sunday Ticket, I just got to watch Vince Young lead The Titans on a 99 yard game winning drive to beat Arizona. Unbelievable. Best 200 bucks I've spent in a long time.

Vince Young may be my new favorite player. What a drive!

Damn... that was incredible, John Elway-esque (or more so)... so vince Young beats Matt Leinart again :D

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's official: Vince Young is BACK. 5-0 since he returned to the starting role. I mean, come on, that is nuts. People were declaring his career almost dead when Collins had a good year last year, and now look at what's happened. Tt'll be a travshammockery if VY doesn't win Comeback Player of the Year...hell, I'm ready to give him the award RIGHT NOW.

Also, I bet Leinart probably hates Vince Young to the core. Probably not, but it's still funny to think about. :P

Thank God for The NFL Sunday Ticket. Without it I would have been stuck with Bears - Vikings. The best thing about that game was The Vikings throwbacks. Thanks to the Sunday Ticket, I just got to watch Vince Young lead The Titans on a 99 yard game winning drive to beat Arizona. Unbelievable. Best 200 bucks I've spent in a long time.

Damn... that was incredible, John Elway-esque (or more so)... so vince Young beats Matt Leinart again :D

Yeah, they kept cutting to Leinart on the sidelines and I thought "we've been here before." That drive is the best 15 minutes of NFL football I've seen this season.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

So it's official: Vince Young is BACK. 5-0 since he returned to the starting role. I mean, come on, that is nuts. People were declaring his career almost dead when Collins had a good year last year, and now look at what's happened. Tt'll be a travshammockery if VY doesn't win Comeback Player of the Year...hell, I'm ready to give him the award RIGHT NOW.

Also, I bet Leinart probably hates Vince Young to the core. Probably not, but it's still funny to think about. :P

It's also 5-0 since Jeff Fisher wore Peyton Manning's jersey. :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

Thank God for The NFL Sunday Ticket. Without it I would have been stuck with Bears - Vikings. The best thing about that game was The Vikings throwbacks. Thanks to the Sunday Ticket, I just got to watch Vince Young lead The Titans on a 99 yard game winning drive to beat Arizona. 4 for 4 on 4th down including the game winning TD pass. Unbelievable. Best 200 bucks I've spent in a long time.

Also, why is it that The Vikings always seem to be playing well after everyone else is done? Is there a reason their games take 5 hours?

Yeah... I hate FOX right about now. We got to see Favre and the Vikes score already up 30-10 instead of watching the best drive of the year.

"And I'm assuming we'll have a game break as Vince Young has just lead a great comeback going down the field on a 99-yard drive to win the game as the clock expired." That's something along the lines of what Joe Buck said.

6fQjS3M.png

Tomorrow, we will hear all the pundits and talking heads bloviate on how the Titans won (again) on the legs of Chris Johnson and another stout performance by the defense, and the genius of Jeff Fisher wearing Peyton Manning's jersey. Don't get me wrong, all of those things are HUGE for the Titans resurgance, but can Vince Young get a teeny, tiny, half a little bit of due? Thanks, "experts."

I also hope that Alex Smith can lead San Fran to a 9-7 season, I don't want to see him become David Carr.

Darrelle Revis...when did this dude become the best cover corner in the NFL? Damn.

Jay Cutler was "credited" with 2 more interceptions that couldn't have possibly been even one nanopercent his fault. I mean he's playing with the worst group of "receivers" in the history of organized football and the most suspect offensive line ever to suit up. He would have been better off with the St. Rita High School offensive unit today and in the other 6 games they lost.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Jay Cutler was "credited" with 2 more interceptions that couldn't have possibly been even one nanopercent his fault. I mean he's playing with the worst group of "receivers" in the history of organized football and the most suspect offensive line ever to suit up. He would have been better off with the St. Rita High School offensive unit today and in the other 6 games they lost.

While I realize that what I am about to say it tantamount to heresy, I am going to say it anyway. I have always thought that Jay Cutler sucks. He would suck if you gave him Arizona's receivers. He would suck if he had the 80's 49ers offense to work with. Dude is flat out overrated and he always has been.

BB52Big.jpg

Tomorrow, we will hear all the pundits and talking heads bloviate on how the Titans won (again) on the legs of Chris Johnson and another stout performance by the defense, and the genius of Jeff Fisher wearing Peyton Manning's jersey. Don't get me wrong, all of those things are HUGE for the Titans resurgance, but can Vince Young get a teeny, tiny, half a little bit of due? Thanks, "experts."

:censored: the experts. That drive was all Vince Young and it was awesome. They are 5-0 with Vince Young as their starter. Yeah all that other stuff played a role and having the best RB in the NFL certainly helps but before V.Y. took the reins the only thing that team was playing for was pick #1 this coming April.

Right now I really believe that 4-1 in the next 5 games will get them a playoff spot. Not bad.

BB52Big.jpg

:censored: the experts. That drive was all Vince Young and it was awesome. They are 5-0 with Vince Young as their starter. Yeah all that other stuff played a role and having the best RB in the NFL certainly helps but before V.Y. took the reins the only thing that team was playing for was pick #1 this coming April.

Right now I really believe that 4-1 in the next 5 games will get them a playoff spot. Not bad.

Agreed, with one caveat...that was an extremely lucky bounce on the deflected pass. Most times that ball is intercepted.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Bill Simmons wrote an article recently about "sports hate". Well, I sports hate Hines Ward. I can't wait until that clown is out of the league.

Here, here. All of our favorite teams should have character guys like your Bengals through the years. Clowns like Hines Ward have no place in the NFL.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Bill Simmons wrote an article recently about "sports hate". Well, I sports hate Hines Ward. I can't wait until that clown is out of the league.

Here, here. All of our favorite teams should have character guys like your Bengals through the years. Clowns like Hines Ward have no place in the NFL.

My sports-hatred of Hines Ward doesn't have to make sense. I know it's not a secret that the Bengals are a roster full of castaways and malcontents, just look at the backfield, but they weren't voted the dirtiest player in the league by other NFL players.

edit: 6-2 is now a distant memory for the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've now lost three straight to fall to 6-5.

PvO6ZWJ.png

*simply points at avatar*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

11-0 and Division Champs already?

Good to see Peyton and Co. lead another comeback after being down 17-0 then exploding for 21 points in the fourth. One TD from Manning to Clark to get the lead. Then an interception return for TD and a 23-yard rushing TD following a fumble to salt it away. Awesome.

Peyton has been probably the biggest factor this season, but you can't overlook that defense. They are playing the best they have since the Super Bowl year. They were awesome during the second half and of course forcing the turnovers for scores.

I don't want to get ahead of myself in Week 12, but I'm really liking the overall make-up of this team.

Now to move on to home-field advantage.

GO COLTS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Glad to see the Ravens pull it out. That was a close game, and the offense is still not quite where it needs to be. But at least they are getting better. Joe Flacco did a better job of spreading the ball around. I'll feel alot better about the season if we can get through Green Bay next week. I'm worried about that game being on Monday night and probably extremely cold. A win there will at least take some of the pressure of the next Pittsburgh game.

Tomorrow, we will hear all the pundits and talking heads bloviate on how the Titans won (again) on the legs of Chris Johnson and another stout performance by the defense, and the genius of Jeff Fisher wearing Peyton Manning's jersey. Don't get me wrong, all of those things are HUGE for the Titans resurgence, but can Vince Young get a teeny, tiny, half a little bit of due? Thanks, "experts."

Huh? ESPN, Fox Sports, and CBS Sports all have headlines up touting Young leading the Titans to the win. ESPN even says that his last drive was "stuff of legend." All I have heard on TV so far is about Young leading the heroic drive and how he rejuvenated his own career and the whole Titans team. All I have heard about Johnson is his consistent dominance and long runs record, but Young is getting all the credit for today and the past 5 weeks. It seems like most of the time people want credit to be given to things like the defense instead of just the iconic QB or face of the team blindly (though I think it's pretty clear Young deserves it; he was the one thing that changed after that 0-6 run). And in this case your plea is actually the norm while your foreseen media bias is not the case at all.

If I'm wrong about the media later tomorrow, I'll admit and swallow it. But I don't think I am.

Let me preface this by saying I use the term "hate" when talking sports but like "we", I use hate more as a quick and easy way of stating some team or player that I enjoy less than others. The reality is that the only "emotion" that I ever get out of a sporting event is probably enjoyment. If the team I am rooting for loses it means nothing to me. I just look at it as the ending didn't go like I wanted it to and I change the channel and watch another game. I can't honestly say that I "hate" as in feel actual negative feelings towards any team or player in any sport.

That's why I've never understood how anyone can take a sporting event so seriously that they can actually say they "hate" someone who was involved in it. I'm not knocking it, well maybe I am a little, but I just don't understand how it can mean that much. No matter what Hines Ward does on Sunday, your life remains exactly the same on Monday. And if your life actually changes in any fashion on Monday, I can promise you that Hines Ward had nothing to do with it. Seriously McCarthy, do you actually "hate" Hines Ward? If you do that's fine I guess. It just seems like an incredible waste of energy to me. Your "hate" is meaningless to everyone except yourself. It's the equivalent of hating a character on a TV show.

Just my opinion on the matter.

BB52Big.jpg

Bill Simmons is a tool.

The Browns lose again, but Vince Young is awesome. I'm happy for the guy and the way he has turned it around, not just on the field, but off.

Archived