Appalachian Yellow Jerseys?

Thad

From the Media Guide:

ASU AND NIKE

Since 2007, Nike has been the official apparel and footwear provider for Appalachian football.

In addition to its state-of-the-art footwear, the Mountaineers? uniforms and off-field apparel and coaches? sideline wear are all produced

by Nike. For the second-straight year, Nike will provide ASU with an ?alternate? third uniform to be worn during one home game. This year?s

alternate uni features a gold jersey and will be worn by the Apps when they host North Carolina Central for homecoming on Oct. 10.

Beginning in 2009-10, all 20 of ASU?s varsity programs programs will make the transition to Nike footwear and apparel.

Oh my.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Who was providing Appalachian's uniforms before Nike in 2007?

Depended on the sports. Football was Russell Athletic, Field Hockey has been Under Armour, and I've never got a good look at baseball/softball.

App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Who was providing Appalachian's uniforms before Nike in 2007?

Depended on the sports. Football was Russell Athletic, Field Hockey has been Under Armour, and I've never got a good look at baseball/softball.

IIRC, the football jerseys before Nike were much better, unless I'm delusional.

Well they are pretty much the same thing:

'05

all_the_way_baby_1.jpg

'07

200709011334488994741-pf.widec.jpg

Unless, you're talking about:

14243.jpg

Redmond Rampage

'05

all_the_way_baby_1.jpg

Okay, like, what is REALLY going on right here? Purple(ish) helmets, blue(ish) shirts, BLACK pants?

'07

200709011334488994741-pf.widec.jpg

Ah...sweet memories. ^_^ (Unless you're a fan of Big Blue.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

'05

all_the_way_baby_1.jpg

Okay, like, what is REALLY going on right here? Purple(ish) helmets, blue(ish) shirts, BLACK pants?

Its UNI, what do you expect? :P The jerseys are Lakers purple FWIW.

Fixed that.

Seriously, where does that team come up with solid black for their pants? (As that photo was from 2005, I'm hoping that style choice is no longer the case.)

'05

all_the_way_baby_1.jpg

Its UNI, what do you expect? :P The jerseys are Lakers purple FWIW.

Fixed that.

Seriously, where does that team come up with solid black for their pants? (As that photo was from 2005, I'm hoping that style choice is no longer the case.)

as of 11/08

10808542.jpg

Well apparently I was behind the times because photos were released of the thirds today:

cerimyyuvimnitm20090730.jpg

Redmond Rampage

I like it, but I don't like it as much as their Denver Gold-style throwbacks from last year.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like it. The black-gold-black is exactly what I wore one game last year and it looks pretty sharp. And it looks like #5 is wearing a girdle with his pants a few inches above his knee and no knee pads.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think I like them OK. However this better be all Nike has planned for us. I don't want App. St. to become the Oregon of the FCS. So far they have done us right though with these alts, and the very nice throwbacks they made for us last year. Nike does scare me though when they are in control of jersey design.

JEQIIIZKBUSEMLQ.20090730211958.jpg

Archived