NHL Home/away Swap

zer0dotcom

have making home uniforms dark and road unforms white been a success this season?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

with the NHL regular season coming to a close very soon, has their experiment of making Home uniforms solid colours and road uniform white again been a good idea? or is this one of those things that they do and few people really care about, since it just adds confusion to everything?

i for one have enjoyed it, I like the idea of wearing your full colours at home in your arena, and wearing your plain jane-everyone-has-one white uinform on the road. I like how fans get to see their team's alternate uniforms without it having to be a reverse uniform night.

I really like how they've started to take a traditionalist swing, especially with Vintage uniforms this season, and changing the home/away colours. What's everyone else's take on it?

I'm bored with it already, mostly because the Canes don't have an alt, so I know that they'll always be wearing red and the visiting team will always be in white.

It would be better if the road team could wear their darks or alts too, as long as it was a different color than what the home team had.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

It really doesn't matter to me. The NBA should be the ones to wear darks at home. Matches better with the court, IMO. Not much is worse than watching the Suns wearing their orange thirds in a place like Boston, who's court is primarily green. Yeesh. :puke:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I find the white uniforms for every team is their best uniform (except the Sabres and Capitals, their blacks are wicked)

Keep this in mind though. While it may been the tradition for 70 years to have dark home jerseys, they eliminated a 33 year tradition of wearing whites at home. I'm certain a lot of older fans have gotten used to the whites.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I agree the NBA should have dark uniforms at home too.

I totally disagree! Why do you make such a comment? I don't think the NBA should follow the NFL and NHL down this path.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm in favor of the NHL and NBA keeping white uniforms (or in LA's case, gold) at home and colors on the road. I've just always been a fan of that.

But if the NHL wants to keep the colors at home, I suppose that's alright, as long as David Stern doesn't bring that to the NBA... watching the Knicks in blue at the Garden against the Pacers in "home" white? No, thank you.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I totally prefer the whites at home to the darks, and as i live in Colorado, it would be the best to keep them that way. I do not own an alternate or colored Avs jersey, all my avs jerseys are white. The color at home just doesn't feel right when watching the game. Their alternate sucks, i know its the "vintage" look, but im only 20 so, pardon me, but screw vintage for a team that has been in Colorado for only 10 years. Now if they wanted to wear the old Nordiques jerseys or the old Rockies jerseys, that would be totally awesome. But that's just my opinion.

And on the NBA switching, NO WAY!!!

The reason that wearing white at home started was back in the early days of baseball where it was difficult for the road teams to find places to wash their uniforms. As a result they used dark colors to hide the stains. Just a reason why white is traditionally worn at home.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The reason that wearing white at home started was back in the early days of baseball where it was difficult for the road teams to find places to wash their uniforms. As a result they used dark colors to hide the stains. Just a reason why white is traditionally worn at home.

Wow, that's an interesting fact. Thanks for sharing that with us. I had no idea!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Since I watch A LOT of football, I was used to dark at home and white on the road. Before this season, I sometimes mixed up the two teams while watching a hockey game. So, I really enjoyed the switch. Now if only they do the same to the NBA...

I go tused to it quickly and like it better. I like the Devils red more than the white so I like seeing that live more. In fact now if I am flipping through the channels and come to a basketball game I always get confused and thing the dark team is home.

Thank heavens my mom got me the blue Leafs jersey for the holidays.

Now I can laugh at all the poor people with their road jerseys!

I'm very much used to seeing darks at home now.

Heck, why not go back to the pre-modern era system of both teams in dark jerseys?

Of course, when two teams have similar jerseys, the away changes to whites.

Say, that sounds pretty damn cool!

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

It's grown on me - I most of the dark jerseys anyway.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

to be honest, even as a person who treats hockey as life... i don't seem to care one bit about the switch... i'd prefer the whites to be the home jersey, because i'm so used to saying "home whites", and it's just lead to even more confusion from the standpoint of teams like dallas and washington, to name a few... the current stars "green star jersey"... the current homes, have been EVERY SLOT now... that jersey, while largely unchanged, has served as a third jersey (somewhere around 97-99), the road jersey (99-03), AND the home jersey (currently).

so if someone where to have that jersey, with #3 ludwig stitched to it, what would you call it, if you were describing it? :) would you say that you have a dallas stars third jersey, with craig ludwigs name on it? that'd be confusing, since the stars current call the mooterus the third jersey... and ludwig never wore that :) so would you say it's a ludwig home jersey? when i hear that, i imagine the old white jersey, with black sleeves.

see what i'm talking about?

other than this confusion, the actual watching of the games hasn't changed for me. i don't care what jersey you're wearing, as long as i can recognize you as you look like the team you're supposed to look like.

and one more pet-peeve i have, even though it's stupid... i can't stand when teams like boston and nashville wear their YELLOW jersey against white uniforms... to me, yellow is a sports equivalent to white. the lakers wear yellow at home, instead of white... the kings and bruins used to do the same. it just bugs me to see yellow playing against white. i have no problems telling the teams apart, but it's still annoying because i'm not "ok" in the head.

After a whole season, I still find it odd to have the home team in darks. I really guess I prefer for the home team to wear white and the visiting team wear their colors. That way each game you get to see a new color on the ice.

I went to about 14 games this year and saw a variety of combinations despite the "home dark" rule. On more than one occasion the Wild wore their whites at home. One time the Blackhawks even wore their alternate blacks. We also got the red alternates a lot this year in St. Paul since they were new. I think I may have seen them more than the green ones.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Now if only they do the same to the NBA...

Once again, no way!

Retired Number's To Come

Archived