What's Your Favorite Song?

vicfurth

Hey, guys. What's your favorite music style, favorite song, who's it by, and why do you like it? (Optional: add your favorite Christian song, too) Mine are as follows...

Style: I like ska the most, though neither of my fave songs are ska.

Non-Christian: Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones). I've always liked that song since hearing it on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (funny thing. IMO, the lead singer for the Ramones sounds nearly identical to William Hung of American Idol).

Christian: I'm going to go with Obsession by Delirious? (question mark is part of their name). When it's played during youth service, it just takes you away. I love the chorus best...

"My heart burns for You."

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i usually go with "Paint It, Black" by the rolling stones.... "caught in a dream" and "is it my body?" by alice cooper are occasionally my favorite songs, as well as "ring of fire" and 'big river' by johnny cash....sometimes, 'seeing red' by minor threat.....sometimes 'now i gotta wet'cha' by ice cube.....sometimes 'welcome to the terrordome' by public enemy....once in a while "talking plop about a pretty sunset' by modest mouse.....sometimes 'crazy' by patsy cline.....sometimes 'freddy freeloader' by miles davis.....sometimes 'a love supreme' by john coltrane....sometimes 'oh! you pretty things' by david bowie....etc...

i guess my favorite christian song is 'the little drummer boy' by bing crosby and david bowie.

i guess it just depends on the mood i'm in.

My styles are all over the place. Pretty much anything but Country, Opera, Polka, Emo, Pop, Creed and other Creed-like crap, and Dance/Trance.

If I had to pick a song, it'd be Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. But I tend to go through phases as far as songs go (and Kashmir is just a consistent favorite).

Right now, I'm hooked on Hate to Feel by Alice in Chains.

I guess my favorite Jewish Rock/Hip Hop/Salsa song is Raza Hoodia by the Hip Hop Hoodios.

I go through lots of phases as well... and I have several favorite songs, depending on my mood. Here's a list of some of my current favorites:

Motörhead - Ace of Spades / Bomber / Shine / Killed by Death

Sister Machine Gun - To Hell With You / Disease

Pantera - Drag the Waters / Cemetary Gates

Stereo MC's - Deep Down and Dirty / Connected

Amish Rake Fight - Sonda

Micronaut - Northern Style Kung-Fu, Part 2 / Sweeper

Favorite Song: "Imagine" by John Lennon

Others:

Almost every Pearl Jam Song

"She Talks to Angels" by the Black Crowes

"Sympathy for the Devil" by the Stones

"The wind cries Mary" by Hendrix

"Tangled up in Blue" and "Idiot Wind" by Bob Dylan

"Stairway to Heaven" by Zeppelin (I know it's cliche, but it is a great song)

"4th of July" by Soundgarden

"Everything for Free" by K's Choice

"Lord of the Thighs" and "Dream on" by Aerosmith

"Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls

"Levon" by Elton John

"Allentown" by Billy Joel

"Lives in the Balance" by Jackson Browne

"What it's Like" by Everlast

Also like Jazz--Miles Davis and John Coltrain

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Michael Jackson - "Beat It"

Michael Jackson - "Thriller"

Michael Jackson - "Dangerous"

Police - "Every Breath You Take"

Oingo Bingo - "Dead Man's Party"

Aerosmith - "Dream On"

Huey Lewis & The News - "Power Of Love"

Journey - "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)"

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Hey Roger, look at BS's song list, I think you've got a love connection!

I used to be of the "anything but jazz and country" mindset...but I really like a lot of the old, pre-1976 country music, and am a recent convert to jazz...I like jazz...a LOT.

But overall, I like pretty much anything by Ween (although their greatest stuff is generally live performances...the version of "Dr. Rock" as done on the country tour is phenomenal)...Faith No More (Angel Dust is the greatest album ever)...Zappa...They Might Be Giants...P-Funk...Cheap Trick....

Anyone else got the PROBOT album yet? That, my friends, is one brilliant album...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

"Edge of the Blade" by Journey.

Pure rock at it's greatest. Nothing will ever come close.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Ahh, Roger, when will you realize that "Stone In Love" is the greatest Journey song ever made?

Steve Perry! Steeve perry! Steeeeeeeeeve.....PERRY!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

"Edge of the Blade" by Journey.

Pure rock at it's greatest.  Nothing will ever come close.

Ahh, Roger, when will you realize that "Stone In Love" is the greatest Journey song ever made?

Steve Perry! Steeve perry! Steeeeeeeeeve.....PERRY!

I love the live version of "Stone in Love" but nothing will ever touch "Edge of the Blade".

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Favorite Song... That's tough, since by reflex I want to pick something that's in my car right now. After thinking about it, I'd have to say "Shame" by Stabbing Westward or "Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter.

Favorite Christian song? Why is that a separate category? Anyway, it's probably "Under My Skin" by Fono. Maybe "Unforgivable" by Plumb. Neither of them would be near the top of my "general" list.

its way too tough, whatevers on my mp3 right now would be my favourite for now.

probbly californication

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Hmmm... well, I like a bunch of stuff, but right now Linkin Park's Numb would be my top secular selection.

I can't limit my favourite Christian song right now, so I'll limit it to a CD or two. There has really been only a few different CDs in my player in the last six months... Thousand Foot Krutch's CD Phenomenon, and the Newsboys' Thrive disc. 12 Stones and Switchfoot's New Way to Be Human have also had spins in the ol' RCA lately.

Also, honourable mentions in the Christian category includes Switchfoot's crossover sensation Meant to Live and a little known tune by a band called Just called Hyperventilation... unlike anything I'd ever heard before.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I can't think of a song that's my favourite. I love Garbage, Linkin Park and Evanescence, but I don't have a favourite some from the bunch.

All I know is that I don't have a favourite Christian song as I'm a secularist.

I saw, I came, I left.

What the hell is the difference between a Christian and non-Christian song? Is that one of those songs that sucks up to God (like Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life"?)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

What the hell is the difference between a Christian and non-Christian song? Is that one of those songs that sucks up to God (like Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life"?)

She was talking to God? I thought it was General Electric!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived